Fiat 806: research and scratchbuilds

Your kind words really encourage me ! Many thanks , dear Dan , Nick and Thierry !  In the meantime this part is already coated by filler and primer . 

Our threads are like little time-machines... Many greetings and have a good time !    Hannes

The first of the 2 cam fairings  now is ready for getting   connected with the bonnets and it´s hollow inside of course . I´ll post a drawing  today or tomorrow to show how I made it .

Many greetings !  Hannes

• Like 1

Dear Dan , the whole car looks like a spaceship ! At that time the first rockets appeared and  in 1928 the Opel Rak 2  was a good example for  a rocket on wheels .

Many greetings !  Hannes

Thanks , dear Olivier ! In the meantime the first cam fairing  is mounted to the bonnets but I won´t show no pics anymore in the next time . If I show pics  of unfinished stages of sculptural work it´s like a painter shows an unfinished painting . Many people don´t understand  that parts must get altered till everything falls into place and the steps between don´t seem to be very interesting .That´s the reason why I drew this scetch : To show how much work is needed for a simple part .

And of course it´s more elaborated now .

BTW : I like your "nose" paintjob on your Mustang very much !   Hannes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The basic shape of the bonnets is achieved , cam fairings and hinges row are at their places.

There´s still some minor work left , especially at the inside of the bonnets but I will wait with that till the engine is inserted and the final primer / paintworks need to be done .

For now I´m content and I will focus on my next project : The " astronaut´s " seat including it´s fairing .👨‍🚀

Many greetings !  Hannes

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CrazyCrank said:

Absolutely gorgeous and if I may say : "very sexy" 😜

You stole the words straight outta my mouth, Thierry!

Yes, beautiful work, Hannes!! Super-sleek and super-sexy!:D

Cheers, H

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for your very kind comments ! I´m glad that these fundamental works are done now ( beside the fairing ) and I look forward to some detail works .

Many greetings !  Hannes

• Like 2

I connected both basic plates of the driver´s seat by a hinge and the upper plate with the seat fairing .

The whole construction is removable and now it´s time to start with " upholstery  " works .I will use thick plastic plates and try to give them a convincing structure by carving , cutting , filing and sanding.

No leather coating is provided because even the thinnest leather will simplify the complicated upholstery pattern .I intent to paint the seat , only the strip on the fairing will be made out of leather or similar .

It´s interesting to see repetitions of the form language .The frontal opening of the radiator case corresponds with the seat and both parts are on the same height level . What a great design !

Many greetings !   Hannes

• Like 1

That´s correct , dear Dan . They will get altered of course and were shown only for comparison purposes .It´s also helpful for judging the dimensions and keeping the rear axle in balance .

We don´t have many sources and even if there are 2 drawings they don´t always correspond with the real car . That´s why I´m forced to use artistic  methods to reconstruct it . Don´t worry , the wheels will look good in the end !  Many greetings !   Hannes

• Like 3

We can see one of the examples where none of the two drawings 1 and 2 is correct if we look at the side-views of the seat´s upholstery .

Whereas on drawing 2 a spinal cord-destroying shortened seat with no fairing and almost no upholstery can be seen  , the seat on drawing 1 is closer to reality .

Photo 28 shows the truth : The upholstery is blown like a balloon  and most likely filled with a lot of horse´s hairs .

So-what to do if you want to represent it on your model?  The aesthetically bad looking photo 28 version  is not an option for me . I guess , drawing 1 will be the foundation for my upholstery . What do you think ?   Hannes