Dragon 1/35 Sd Kfz 250/1 Neu

sinhow

Share my old build, Dragon 1/35 Sd Kfz 250/1 Neu.

Although the kits titled Sd Kfz 250/1 NEU, but according to some build preview I read, the interior parts provided was a mix of 250/1 & 250/5. No matter build into which option also missing something... I chose to build it into 250/1, because it's not a good idea to scratch build the whole set of missing radio at the rear side of 250/5's interior.

By following the references I searched on-line, I looking for unused parts from previous build 251 and the kits itself, and build the interior more into 250/1. I left quite some PE parts unused because those parts are for 250/5's interior. Canvas tarp provided in the kits was too thick and if using it I have to take out the rear machine gun holder, so I made my own canvas tarp from A+B bondite. I also add some field modified foliage tiedown by refer to WW2 photos. Branches are roots of grasses, leaves cut from pre-painted different shade green paper, glued one by one.

Actually the tarp can be taken out, but I didn't shoot photos of interior.

Thanks for viewing, please feel free to critic and comment.

23604463820_5cbd6e15e5_b.jpg

23900168905_ceca0c445d_b.jpg

23874076236_efd434c5d1_b.jpg

23604463580_f2af8a3605_b.jpg

23273384583_7a36990d0f_b.jpg

23817690461_1cbfddf159_b.jpg

23900168805_baea0f224e_b.jpg

23791863382_98c4f844b0_b.jpg

23874076266_dd7dede707_b.jpg

23900168275_6a3c6fb8d0_b.jpg

23817689831_078c4c01bc_b.jpg

23791863342_efd434c5d1_b.jpg

23273384833_ed30aefd52_b.jpg

23900168215_57d858f882_b.jpg

• Like 29

That is fantastic! I love the leaves. I love the tarpaulin. I love the weathering and the chipping. I love the splashed mud. And most of all, I LOVE that shade of dark yellow.

Can you please explain what you used for the tarpaulin and how you made it? I'm not familiar with 'bondite'.

Rearguards,

Badder

18 hours ago, Badder said:

That is fantastic! I love the leaves. I love the tarpaulin. I love the weathering and the chipping. I love the splashed mud. And most of all, I LOVE that shade of dark yellow.

Can you please explain what you used for the tarpaulin and how you made it? I'm not familiar with 'bondite'.

Rearguards,Badder

Nice build tempted to start on my tamiya  251 after seeing it 

Bladders bondite is a two part epoxy putty similar to miliputt Bondite Epoxy Putty | Craftiviti l Online DIY Crafts Supplies Malaysia

Edited by Col68
wrong link
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 2:07 AM, Badder said:

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, thanks for the all the kind words!

AS Col68 explained, bondite is a two part epoxy putty similar to Tamiya Epoxy Putty. The different is I used industry used bondite, far cheaper than model brand, but more difficult to handle, well I guess.

1 mix the 2 parts putty in approx same quantity

2 put talcum powder onto flat surface (if not it will be sticky and unrollable)

3 put on the mixed putty, add talcum powder too

4 roll to the thickness you want

5 cut out the shape

6 wait till the putty slightly harden then you can put on the model and shape it, remember to use talcum powder too

Hope you understand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sonofjim said:

Stunning build ! Can I ask please what did you use for the leaves and foliage ? Tarp looks great beautifully finished model all around sir !

Hi, Sonofjim, thanks for the kind words.

Branches are roots of grasses, leaves cut from pre-painted different shade green paper, glued one by one.

7 hours ago, sinhow said:

Hi, Sonofjim, thanks for the kind words.

Branches are roots of grasses, leaves cut from pre-painted different shade green paper, glued one by one.

Lovely work very realistic !

On 20/11/2016 at 11:36 PM, sinhow said:

Hi Carius, thanks for the kind words.

But the title is Dragon 1/35 Sd Kfz 250/1 Neu.

Oh yes! I do not know where I got this idea :whistle:

Amazing work indeed

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I've already commented and praised this build before, when I first saw it, but I've just looked at it again, and I feel I have to repeat myself.

A stunning build, and wonderful, wonderful paint job. And again, I LOVE that shade of dark yellow!

Rearguards,

Badder.

PS, what's your next project? Have you got one underway that I've somehow missed?

• Like 1

On 08/01/2017 at 2:39 AM, Badder said:

I know I've already commented and praised this build before, when I first saw it, but I've just looked at it again, and I feel I have to repeat myself.

A stunning build, and wonderful, wonderful paint job. And again, I LOVE that shade of dark yellow!

Rearguards,

Badder.

PS, what's your next project? Have you got one underway that I've somehow missed?

Good morning Badder, thanks for your kind words again.

I just finish Tamiya 1/48 Mototug and currently I'm building the Corsair.

I still have some old build not post here yet, so please wait, haha.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cambridge said:

is there a work in progress of this one?

Hi Cambridge, yes there are simple work in progress I posted back in 2010, you can view it here, a dead Malaysian modeling forum: http://z12.invisionfree.com/ScaleModelsMalaysia/index.php?showtopic=7032&st=0

But it's the old look which is in camo scheme, the flat coat ruined the color, I not satisfied with the end result and repaint the model several years later. It's the same model, the proof is the DIY canvas tarp.

Sorry moderator, I not sure if link allowed here, please remove if not allowed.

• Like 1