Revell 2017 first quarter

modelldoc

13 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Finer details? A completely inaccurate fuselage cross section and a pretty inaccurate nose are more than just rivet counting in my book (And that's not counting the dreadfully inaccurate rivet depiction!)

Oh, the new kit is a 1/32 Swift

Ah so that is what is wrong with their Shack

Couldn't put my fingers on it but the nose didn't seem to look right to me ... I wasn't aware that the cross section is off also.

Anyways the rivets are overdone by far, you don't recognize rivets on any photo of the Shack even if it is taken much closer to scale than the comparable picture of the model.

Of course It depends on what anyone is out for, for me it is a realistic and accurate look of a model what counts most, I don't mind if others have different approaches

1 hour ago, ABeck said:

To shorten the whole thing:

From my (vey limited) view the most ICONIC British planes since beginning of WW II which have to be done (new or to replace old kits) as main stream plastic kits are:

Spit (Griffon, XIV, XVIII, 21)  -  72,48,32

Hurricane - 32 (main stream !)

((Mustang III - 32,24 !!!!!!!!))

Mosquito - 32 (main stream!)

Lancaster - 48

Halifax - 48

Typhoon - 32

Hunter - 48

Gnat - 32

Spey Phantom - 48,32

Harrier - 32

Tucano - 48,32

Belfast - 72

Britannia - 72

Comet - 72

Please excuse, if I left out something  important.

Good list, but a 1/32 Mosquito? Tamiya not mainstream enough for you? And there's the HK 1/32 Mosquito as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

Good list, but a 1/32 Mosquito? Tamiya not mainstream enough for you? And there's the HK 1/32 Mosquito as well.

No question, Tam`s Mossie is a superb kit, also the HK one. My thought was that a so called main stream kit  of a medium sized twin engine plane in 32nd scale should not be above 50.00 to 65.00 in GPD or Euros.

I forgot:

Venom/Sea Venom - 48,32

EE Lightning - 32

• Like 2

On 26/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, Dave Fleming said:

Finer details? A completely inaccurate fuselage cross section and a pretty inaccurate nose are more than just rivet counting in my book (And that's not counting the dreadfully inaccurate rivet depiction!)

I have to completely disagree with that and it's pretty unfair.  I'm familiar with the Shack having worked on real examples and having quite a bit of data, measurements, and drawings.

I don't see any major inaccuracies at all with the Revell Shack, some very minor panel lines issues on the upper inboard wing are about all that is wrong.

For some reason this kit got a lot of bad press when initially released, and I can't help but think that it was due to it's close release to the Airfix example.

The rivets thing is a matter of perspective some people like them some don't, the Airfix kit looks plain naked without them in my eyes.

Some kits get a knocking here because they don't have rivet deal so seems a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's the most accurate kit of the type so far, and oly this and the Frog kit will for me so far.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 8

On 28 November 2016 at 8:14 PM, 71chally said:

I have to completely disagree with that and it's pretty unfair.  I'm familiar with the Shack having worked on real examples and having quite a bit of data, measurements, and drawings.

I don't see any major inaccuracies at all with the Revell Shack, some very minor panel lines issues on the upper inboard wing are about all that is wrong.

For some reason this kit got a lot of bad press when initially released, and I can't help but think that it was due to it's close release to the Airfix example.

The rivets thing is a matter of perspective some people like them some don't, the Airfix kit looks plain naked without them in my eyes.

Some kits get a knocking here because they don't have rivet deal so seems a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's the most accurate kit of the type so far, and oly this and the Frog kit will for me so far.

Agreed, I can remember reading phrases like "won't be bothering with the Revell one" or "airfix have got theirs totally right" on other forums, before the Revell had even come out. You never know, maybe abroad or overseas there were modeller's saying exactly the opposite...."I'll get the Revell one but won't bother with the Airfix" where maybe the former is a more popular manufacturer, and their products are easier to purchase. It's a bit like having a box of chocolates and dismissing half of them as yucky before you've even tasted them. Certainly there are or have been manufacturers who have or had reputations for (putting it politely) needing a LOT of effort to put their products together, either due to very basic cottage industry production, or just plain sloppiness, with a "meh, close enough" attitude, so you'd be right to suspect that that is what you'd get with such a company's next announcement. But to dismiss something either on hearsay or sight unseen is just daft.

As for accuracy, if you think about it, nothing short of a company reproducing wing and fuselage skins in scale thicknesses to be laid over exact representations of trusses and frames, where in the smaller scales the skin panels would actually be much thinner than paper, would you get a truly accurate result. However, this, I think many would agree, would be impractical, and would no doubt add to the final cost due to all the added tooling and sprues. Whilst it does hark back to the glory days of tissue-on-balsa models, and indeed many ship/boat builders still use plank on frame, I can't imagine many aircraft modeller's out there would want to sit down to their latest Airfix 1/72 Lancaster, where you have to spend a week constructing all the frames first, then sheeting them.... yes I know Eduard have done some skeleton kits in the smaller scale, and yes they do look good, but we haven't all got that patience, skill or even interest in doing them like that. So, we hope, trust and expect the major manufacturers to do their best, especially if they are wanting us to part with a lot of our hard-earned for them, but with glaring errors or omissions, that doesn't do them any favours in the long run, and only increases the likelihood of their clientele looking elsewhere for similar products. Time spent researching and preparing, checking and correcting, can pay dividends at the till. If something is a scale mil short here or long there, or couldn't be accurately portrayed in plastic so is left knowing the likes of Eduard will come along later with it, that's fine by me. But if something is a couple of feet out of true, or a Spitfire looks more like Mew Gull had a love child with a Blackburn Blackburn, and they charge the earth for it,  then you'll understand if I give that one a miss!

• Like 3

On 28/11/2016 at 8:14 PM, 71chally said:

I'm not at home, but when I'm back I'll post up some pics showing what I mean. In terms of the X section, they have the corners of the fuselage far too curved, resulting in the flat part of the roof being too narrow and the curve coming too far down the fuselage sides. I'm not sure the angle of the fuselage sides is right either.

The nose is harder to quantify without pics, but it looks 'fatter' than the MR2/AEW2 should look, I think the bottom line is wrong, which also affects trhe angle of the lower nose panel (with the bomb aiming panel in it). I think Airfix have that better, but then I don't really like their panel line depiction either! (Us modellers, never satisfied!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Source: http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-fuer-das-jahr-2017/

Revell-Neuheiten 2017

Über die Neuheiten für das erste Quartal 2017 hatte ich ja bereits an anderer Stelle berichtet und nun sollen die restlichen für das Jahr 2017 geplanten Neuheiten folgen. Leider kann ich in diesem Jahr nur in Form einer Auflistung machen, weil die CD-ROM mit den Bildern wohl auf dem Postweg hängengeblieben ist …

Flugzeuge  1:144

Im November 2017 wird es gleich zwei neue Airliner geben:

Airbus A 320 Neo – mit neuen Triebwerken und Winglets, jedoch wird der Bausatz bewusst OHNE Fahrwerk, als reines Displaymodell, ausgeliefert! Über Sinn oder Unsinn dieser Maßnahme wird bestimmt nach Erscheinen in den diversen Modellbauforen eine engagierte Diskussion losbrechen.

Airbus A 321 Neo – dieser wird dann wieder als herkömlicher Bausatz MIT Fahrwerk erscheinen!

Flugzeuge 1:72

In diesem Segment wird sich 2017 nicht viel tun:

Die schon von ICM bekannte Dornier Do 17 Z-10 wird ebenso wiederaufgelegt wie die hauseigene Airbus A400M im August 2017, dieses Mal jedoch mit den aktuellen Luftwaffe-Markierungen!

Flugzeuge 1:48

Der Reigen von Wiederauflagen, Kooperationen aber auch brandneuen Kits beginnt im Juni 2017 mit dem Erscheinen der von ICM produzierten MiG-25 RBT.

Im Juli 2017 folgt dann die Wiederauflage der Iljuschin Il-2 aus den Formen von Accurate Miniatures – vermutlich in der weit verbreiteten Zweisitzervariante.

Im August erfreut dann eine Konversion unserer britischen Modellbaufreunde: Die Tornado F.3 ADV (Air Defence Variant), der man vorbildgerecht einen neuen Rumpf spendieren wird!

Worüber ich persönlich mich am meisten gefreut habe, ist die Ankündigung einer Beaufighter TF Mk. X  aus neuen Formen für den November 2017! Da der Bausatz mit Level 5 angegeben wird, scheint es sich um ein unglaublich detailliertes Modell zu handeln!

Das war es dann leider schon mit den Neuheiten im Quarterscale.

Flugzeuge 1:32

Bei den großen Fliegern können wir uns im März 2017 über eine Konversion der Spitfire Mk. II freuen: Die Spitfire Mk. IXc wird bestimmt viele Abnehmer finden!

Was natürlich auch für die im Juni erhältliche F/A 18E aus neuen Formen gilt. Sie war schon für 2016 angekündigt – nun können wir sie endlich demnächst bauen!

Im Juli 2017 gibt es dann noch eine Konversion der FW 190 in Form der FW 190 A-8 als Nachtjäger.

Und im September 2017 wird der bekannte Bausatz der Heinkel He 219 nochmals in der Variante He 219 A-0 aufgelegt.

Den ersten wahren Knüller im großen Maßstab finden wir dann im Oktober in den Händlerregalen:

Eine P-51D Mustang aus neuen Formen wird gegen den Trumpeter-Kit in´s Rennen geschickt.
Wir sind gespannt auf die ersten testshots!

Flugzeuge 1:28

Aus Anlass der 125. Geburtstages von Manfred von Richthofen am 2. Mai 1892 wird der uralte Bausatz der Fokker Dr. I im krummen Maßstab 1:28 noch einmal eine Wiederauferstehung feiern.
Ob Modellbauer dieses „Gift Set 125 Jahre Roter Baron“ wirklich brauchen, sei dahingestellt – dass es sich allerdings verkaufen wird „wie geschnitten Brot“, davon gehe ich aus.

Wenn damit dann die Kassen für die nächsten Projekte gefüllt werden, dann soll es uns Modellbauer erfreuen!

Hubschrauber 1:72

Aus den Formen von Special Hobby wird 2017 die AH-1G Cobra erscheinen.
Ein exzellenter Bausatz, den wir bereits hier und hier schon einmal vorgestellt haben.

Hubschrauber 1:32

Im großen Maßstab wird im Mai die Konversion der EC 145 als H 145 LUH der KSK erscheinen. Infos zum Vorbild findet an u.a. hier.

Militär 1:35

Noch dünner wird es beim klassischen Militärmaßstab – hier wird im August ein „Gift-Set 75 Jahre Tiger I“ mit dem Bausatz von Zvezda als Inhalt erscheinen … und das war es dann!

Wir Modellbauer können nur hoffen, dass man bei Revell noch die eine oder andere Überraschung für die Spielwarenmesse und die Herbstneuheiten parat hat!

Militär 1:72

Besser schaut es schon im kleinen Maßstab aus – neben der Wiederauflage des LKW gmil 5t im Mai 2017, des TPz Fuchs sowie des Leopard 1A1 im Juli des Jahres wird vor allem der aus neuen Formen entstandene Bausatz der Haubitze M 109G im September 2017 für Furore unter den Freunden des „Small Scale“ sorgen.
Auch die Konversion des bekannten T-55 als Version AM/AM2B im Oktober 2017 hat Potential zu einem Verkaufsschlager – immerhin wurde er auch bei der NVA der ehemaligen DDR eingesetzt!

Figuren 1:72

Die 72er Figuren (gleich welcher Epoche) sind ja leider ein Stiefkind der großen Hersteller und so werden wir im Mai und Juni 2017 gerade einmal mit zwei Packungen Infanterie und Kavallerie aus dem Siebenjährigen Krieg erfreut.

Autos 1:24

Wesentlich spannender geht es bei den Fahrzeugen im Maßstab 1:24 zu:

Im Mai gibt es erstmal den bekannten Trabi als „Gift Set Hinter´m Horizont“ aus Anlass des Udo-Lindenberg-Musicals. Für Sammler sind diese Trabi-Auflagen ein absolutes „Muss“ und ich bin mir sicher, dieses Giftset wird an der Musicalkasse für so machen Umsatz sorgen. Und spült so ganz nebenbei Geld in die Bünder Kassen, dass dann wieder für Neuentwicklungen eingesetzt wird. Und davon wird es im KfZ-Sektor einige geben …

Aber zunächst mal bleiben wir „brav“ bei der Wiederauflage der Corvette C.3 im Juni 2017.

Aber dann folgt ein Knaller auf den nächsten:

Im September 2017 gibt es einen ….. Aston Martin DB 5 – wobei noch unklar ist, ob als „normale“ Straßenvariante oder als Einsatzfahrzeug des wohl bekanntesten Agenten Ihrer Britischen Majestät mit der Lizenz zum Martinitrinken … hoffen wir auf positive Lizenz-verhandlungen und einen nicht allzu gewöhnlichen Wagen!

Und als ob das nicht schon genug wäre, folgt im Oktober ein „Doppelschlag“: Zunächst kommt ein Porsche heraus, dann noch einer!

Aber Porsche ist nicht gleich Porsche!
Den Porsche Panamera hätte man ja fast schon erwartet und auch die Levelstufe 3 schreckt erstmal nicht ab.
Aber wer von uns (Hand auf´s Herz!) hätte schon einen Porsche Junior 108 Trecker im Maßstab 1:24 erwartet? Erhältlich ab Oktober 2017!

Autos 1:25

Auch bei den Autos im klassischen „Ami-Maßstab“ 1:25 gibt es einen Knaller zu vermelden:
Im Mai 2017 werden wir einen Ford Torino in den Händlerregalen vorfinden!

Autos 1:32

Im Maßstab 1:32 gab es in den 1970er Jahren mehrfach Versuche, Auto-Bausätze zu etablieren (u.a. von Heller und vor allem Airfix). Aus dieser Zeit stammen auch die Formen des „Buggy„.

Motorräder 1:8

Der Vollständigkeit halber sei das spektakuläre Re-Intro der Harley Davidson als Polizei-Motorrad im Juni 2017 erwähnt.

Schiffe

Bei den Schiffen in diversen Maßstaäben gibt es einige neuheiten und Wiederauflagen zu vermelden.

So erhalten wir im Mai 2017 die Black Pearl im Maßstab 1:72 aus Zvezda-Formen.

Die bereits bekannte Fletcher Class wird in der Platinum Edition im Maßstab 1:144 im August 2017 zu haben sein.

Im Oktober 2017 kommt dann eine brandneue PT-109 im Maßstab 1:72 in die Händlerregale.

Im gleichen Monat auch die Wiederauflage der USS United States im Maßstab 1:96.

Interessant die Firmenpolitik bei dem bekanntesten Schiff der Filmreihe „Pirates of the Carribean“:

Die „Black Pearl“ wird gleich in drei Varianten verfügbar werden:
1. als Wiederauflage des ZVEZDA-Bausatzes in 1:72 (05/2017);
2. als Neuentwicklung für Einsteiger im Maßstab 1:150 ebenfalls im Mai 2017
und
3. als „Ghost Ship“ auf der Basis der 1:150er Neuentwicklung im Juli 2017.

Science Fiction

40 Jahre Star Wars wird mt mehreren Wiederauflagen und Kooperationen gefeiert, von denen vor allem der im April 2017 angekündigte Imperial Star Destroyer aus den Zvezda-Formen für Aufsehen sorgen wird!

Zu dem im Herbst startenden Film „StarWars Episode 8“ wird es gewiss auch Bausätze aus dem hause Revell geben – warten wir es ab und warten auf Halloween …. wir halten unsere Leser auf dem Laufenden!

Das Computerspiel „HALO5“ hat die Entwicklungsabteilung in Bünde zu vier einfachen vorlackierten Steckmodellen des UNSC mit Licht und Sound sowie mit beigefügten Spielfiguren animiert, die alle im Oktober erscheinen werden.

Und zu guterletzt möchte ich den weiteren Ausbau der Produktlinie „Junior-Kit“ nicht unerwähnt lassen – hier werden 2017 einige wirklich schöne Sachen für unsere Kleinen auf den Markt kommen:

Notarzt-Einsatzfahrezug 03/2017
Rettungswagen 03/2017
Poilzei Jeep 03/2017
Racing Car schwarz 03/2017
Fire Chief Car 03/2017
Müllwagen 08/2017
Polizei Sprinter 08/2017

Und unter Umständen dürfen sich die Kids von auf einen Bausatz aus dem Film „Cars 3“ freuen … auch hier wird man sehen, wie sich die Lizenzverhandlungen entwickeln.

So, das waren die sicheren neuheiten für das gerade begonnene Jahr 2017. Was allerdings eventuell noch auf der Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg und als Herbstneuheiten komen wird … die Zeit wird es zeigen.

Wir wünschen allen unseren Lesern ein schönes Modellbaujahr 2017 – an Bausätzen dürfte es ja nicht mangeln!

Dr. Michael Brodhaecker, Lingen

V.P.

2 hours ago, gavingav said:

Wow, absolutely nothing new for 72nd scale modellers , thats a bit of a shock , another year and no hunter re-issue either .

I see a new M109G. Nice

Both the Revell and Italeri upcoming aircraft releases just seem really unexciting, has to be said that Airfix really have forged ahead in his regard.

The new stuff seems to just double up what other manufacturers have put out (Beaufighter & Mustang), and even with the reissues, both companies could have picked more exciting and long out of production kits (Sikorsky H-19 & Hunter).

And still no Shackleton MR.3?!

Edited by 71chally

And in English, courtesy of Google:

Airplanes 1: 144

In November 2017 there will be two new airliners: Airbus A320 Neo - with new engines and winglets, but the kit is aware WITHOUT chassis, a pure display model, delivered! Supernatural or nonsense of this measure will definitely break out after a show in the various model builders. Airbus A 321 Neo - these will then reappear as herkömlicher kit WITH chassis!

Airplanes 1:72

In this segment, 2017 will not do much: The already known by ICM Dornier Do 17 Z-10 is just reissued as inhouse Airbus A400M in August 2017 but this time with the current Air Force markings!

Airplanes 1:48

The round of re-issues, cooperations but also brand new kit starts in June 2017 the appearance of the produced by ICM MiG-25 RBT. In July 2017 then followed by the reissue of the Ilyushin Il-2 from the molds of Accurate Miniatures - probably in the widespread two-seater variant. In August, enjoys a conversion of our British Modellbaufreunde: The Tornado F.3 ADV (Air Defence Variant) , which one is spendieren prototypically a new hull! What I personally pleased me most, is the announcement of a Beaufighter TF Mk. X from new forms for November 2017! As the kit is rated at level 5, it seems to be an incredibly detailed model!

This was unfortunately already with the novelties in the Quarterscale.

Airplanes 1:32

In the great aviators we can in March 2017, a conversion of the Spitfire Mk II forward. The Spitfire Mk IXc. Will certainly find many takers! Which of course also for the available in June F / A 18E of new forms applies. It was already announced for 2016 - now we can finally build it soon! In July 2017, there are still a conversion of FW 190 in the form of Fw 190 A-8 as Nachtjäger. And in September 2017, the famous kit of the Heinkel He 219 is again in the variant He 219 A-0 launched. We will find the first true big-time clerk in the dealer shelves in October: A P-51D Mustang from new forms will be sent to the Trumpeter kit in's race. We are looking forward to the first testshots!

Aircraft 1:28

On the occasion of the 125th birthday of Manfred von Richthofen on May 2, 1892, the ancient kit of Fokker Dr. I will once again celebrate a resurrection on a crooked scale of 1:28. Whether modellers this " Gift Set 125 years Red Baron " really need to be seen - that it will, however, sell "like hot cakes", I presume. If then the coffers are filled for the next projects, then we should be happy to model builders!

Helicopter 1:72

From the shapes of Special Hobby is 2017, the AH-1G Cobra appear. An excellent kit, we already here and here have presented before.

Helicopter 1:32

In large-scale conversion of the EC 145 is as in May H 145 LUH the KSK appear. Information about the model takes on, among other things here.

Military 1:35

Even thinner it is the classic military scale - here "is in August Gift Set 75 years Tiger I " appear with the kit of Zvezda as the content ... and that was it! We model builders can only hope that Revell has some surprises for the toy fair and the autumn novelties!

Military 1:72

Better it looks already on a small scale - in addition to the re-edition of gmil truck 5t in May 2017 of TPz Fox and the Leopard 1A1 in July of this year is mainly the resultant from new forms kit of Howitzer M 109G in September 2017 caused a sensation among The friends of the "Small Scale". The conversion of the famous T-55 as a version AM / AM2B in October 2017 potential into a bestseller - after all, he was also used in the NVA the GDR!

Figures 1:72

The 72er figures (of whatever age) are unfortunately a stepchild of the major manufacturers and so we are just having in May and June 2017 two packs infantry and cavalry from the Seven Years' War delighted.

Cars 1:24

The vehicles are much more exciting in 1:24 scale: In May, first there is the famous Trabi as "Gift Set Hinter'm Horizon" on the occasion of Udo Lindenberg musicals. For collectors these Trabi-Auflagen are an absolute "must" and I am sure this gift set will make at the Musicalkasse for so make sales. And, by the way, it saves money into the coffers, which is then used again for new developments. And there will be some of them in the motor vehicle sector ... But first times we remain "well-behaved" in the re-edition of the Corvette C.3 in June 2017. But then a bang follows the next: In September 2017 is a ... .. Aston Martin DB 5 - being still unclear whether a "normal" street version or as emergency vehicle of the most well-known agent of Her Britannic Majesty with a license to Martini drink ... we hope for positive licensing negotiations and a Not too ordinary cars! And as if that were not enough, a "double strike" follows in October: First, a Porsche comes out, then another! But Porsche is not equal to Porsche! The Porsche Panamera would have almost been expecting and the Level Level 3 does not deter first. But who of us (auf's hand heart!) Would have a Porsche Junior 108 tractor 1:24 scale expected? Available from October 2017!

Cars 1:25

Even with the car in the classic "Ami-scale" 1:25 there is a blast to report: In May 2017, we are a Ford Torino find in the retailer shelves!

Cars 1:32

In the 1:32 scale, there were several attempts in the 1970s to establish car kits (including Heller and especially Airfix). From this time, the forms of the "originate Buggy ".

Motorcycles 1: 8

For completeness, the spectacular re-intro is Harley Davidson Police Motorcycle mentioned in June 2017

Ships

There are some novelties and re-editions to be reported to the ships in various scales. So we get in May 2017, the Black Pearl in 1:72 scale from Zvezda-forms. The already known Fletcher Class is in the Platinum Edition in scale 1: 144 may be having in August 2017. In October 2017 then a brand new comes PT-109 in 1:72 scale in the dealer shelves. In the same month, the reissue of the USS United States in scale 1:96. Interesting the company policy in the most famous ship of the film series "Pirates of the Carribean": The "Black Pearl" will be available in three variants: 
1. as a remake of ZVEZDA-kit in 1:72 (05/2017); 
2. as a new development for beginners in scale 1: 150 also in May 2017 
and 
3 as " Ghost Ship" based on the 1: 150-new development in July 2017th

Science Fiction

40 years Star Wars is celebrated several re-issues and cooperation, of which especially the announced in April 2017 Imperial Star Destroyer from the Zvezda-forms will cause a stir! At the start in the autumn film " Star Wars Episode 8 " it will certainly give even kits from Revell home - let's wait and and wait for Halloween .... We keep our readers up to date! The computer game " HALO5 " has the development department in frets animated to four simple prepainted plug models of the UNSC with light and sound as well as accompanying game characters, which are all available in October.

And finally I would like to further expand the product line " Junior kit not let" unmentioned - here 2017 some really nice things come for our little ones on the market:

Emergency medical Einsatzfahrezug 03/2017 
ambulance 03/2017 
Poilzei Jeep 03/2017 
Racing Car black 03/2017 
Fire Chief Car 03/2017 
garbage truck 08/2017 
Police Sprinter 08/2017

And under certain circumstances, the kids can look forward to a kit from the movie "Cars 3" ... here, too, one will see how the license negotiations develop.

So, these were the safe novelties for the year just begun in 2017. However, what is still going to happen at the Toy Fair in Nuremberg and as autumn novelties ... time will show.

Thin pickings this year. I believe it is sadly the influence of the owner, Hobbico, and their primary interest in radio control -something several of us were predicting two or three years ago.

Yeah looks sadly true, no wonder Modeldoc has been quiet as the picking are sparse and mostly something old or something borrowed.

Might be interesting to see if the PT-109 is indeed a brand new replacement for the old kit or just a rebox, as a detailed modern tooling of a PT boat would be appreciated.

For car and vehicle modellers there's the DB5 to look forward to - especially if it ends up as the 007 version. The Porsche tractor will also go nicely with the Heller Ferguson. Provides a nice counterweight to Airfix's focus on planes.

Afternoon Chaps 

I agree totally with what Chimpion has said. 

I'm sorry, but every year its the same thing, why is this in this scale?, why didn't they do this mark?, why are they all re-issues?, why can't they be like Airfix?....

So what if there's a Mustang that's 32nd scale and a Beaufighter that's 48th scale. There will no doubt be a lot of modellers looking forward to these kits because they like buildiing Revell kits, and more importantly, its what they can afford.

My apologies, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but always the same comments this time of year. No doubt when Airfix announces more releases this week we'll see more of the same....

But anyway...

Car Modeller's have a brand new DB5 to look forward too, (007 or normal street version doesn't really mater) AND a new Porsche Panamera AND a new Porsche Junior Tractor. Add those to the AMG GT and Mclaren and I say its pretty peachy...

Bike Modellers have the re introduction of the 8th scale range with the Harley Police Bike, and who knows, maybe more of the old 8th scales (Triumphs :) ) will be released in the coming months.

Mad Steve

• Like 3

It's one pool of money for plastic kits.

This year is the focus on the new car series for young modellers. The series started last year and need support for this year.

So all the aircraft modellers must wait.

Some projects are cancelled, f.e. a changing model with Minicraft, somer other comes in the future, you see it on the sprues.

No problem, let us build a little bit more than we have space for new models in the future.

modelldoc

Edited by modelldoc

I've been quite disappointed with Revell over the past 2 years or so so not surprising at all. It's sad to see how they have fallen compared to their golden age in the late 90s/early 2000s when they were cranking out some gorgeous kits, of quality to rival the Japanese. Their latest stuff in 1/72 is unimaginative, fills no gaps that are sorely needed, and in some cases is bordering on mediocre (the panel lines on that Gripen... aaargh!)

• Like 1

Do we know for sure the DB5's a new tool?    One thing about the DB5 is they never get the wire wheels correct (just look at the new 1/18 HOT Wheels diecast with it's horrid photo-etch spokes).   I'd like to see a new tool 007 DB5 but would prefer a larger scale one.

Official Revell announcement:

http://www.revell-news.de/display.php?M=166356&C=3f057b9cf49fc7b39cd8722d3dac6145&S=587&L=36&N=239

Please add [email protected] to your address book.
If this newsletter does not display correctly, please click here for our web view.

header_en.jpg
  logo_revell.jpg logo_easykit.jpg logo_revell_control.jpg logo_xtreme.jpg logo_orbis.jpg logo_hobbico.jpg  
shadow.jpg
  Hello everyone,

with the following newsletter we want to give you an overview of our Modelkit 2017 releases. It offers many new models from the categories aircraft, helicopter, cars, military, ships, and many more. Have fun discovering.

Your Revell-Team

level_03.jpg

03942.jpg

Airbus A320 Neo
Product Number: 03942 | Scale: 1:144
Availability: 11/2017 | New Tool

03937.jpg

Embraer 190 "Lufthansa"
Product Number: 03937 | Scale: 1:144

Availability: 03/2017

04954.jpg

Bell AH-1G Cobra
Product Number: 04954 | Scale: 1:100

04955.jpg

SH-60 Navy Helicopter
Product Number: 04955 | Scale: 1:100
Availability: 04/2017

05499.jpg

Black Pearl
Product Number: 05499 | Scale: 1:150

Availability: 08/2017 | New Tool

05435.jpg

Ghost Ship
Product Number: 05435 | Scale: 150

Availability: 09/2017 | New Tool

07034.jpg

Porsche Panamera 2
Product Number: 07034 | Scale: 1:24
Availability: 10/2017 | New Tool

07031.jpg

Porsche 934 RSR "Jägermeister"
Product Number: 07031 | Scale: 1:24

Availability: 04/2017 | New Tool

07032.jpg

Porsche 934 RSR "Vaillant"
Product Number: 07032 | Scale: 1:24

Availability: 04/2017 | New Tool

07682.jpg

VW Buggy
Product Number: 07682 | Scale: 1:32

07684.jpg

Corvette C3
Product Number: 07684 | Scale: 1:32

Availability: 06/2017

07036.jpg

Corvette C7.R
Product Number: 07036 | Scale: 1:25

Availability: 01/2017

07820.jpg

Porsche Junior 108
Product Number: 07820 | Scale: 1:24

02800.jpg

Queen's Guard
Product Number: 02800 | Scale: 1:16

Availability: 02/2017

02801.jpg

Swiss Guard
Product Number: 02801 | Scale: 1:16

02802.jpg

Carabiniere
Product Number: 02802 | Scale: 1:16

02803.jpg

Republican Guard
Product Number: 02803 | Scale: 1:16

spacer.gif  

level_04.jpg

04952.jpg

Airbus A321 Neo
Product Number: 04952 | Scale: 1:144

03933.jpg

Dornier Do17Z-10
Product Number: 03933 | Scale: 1:72

03934.jpg

Vampire F Mk.3
Product Number: 03934 | Scale: 1:72

03935.jpg

Junkers Ju88 A-4
Product Number: 03935 | Scale: 1:48

03936.jpg

MiG-29S Fulcrum
Product Number: 03936 | Scale: 1:72

04948.jpg

H145M LUH (KSK)
Product Number: 04948 | Scale: 1:32

Availability: 05/2017

04956.jpg

Bell AH-1G Cobra
Product Number: 04956 | Scale: 1:72
Availability: 07/2017

05147.jpg

Patrol Torpedo Boat PT109
Product Number: 05147 | Scale: 1:72

05149.jpg

HMS Ark Royal & Tribal Class Destroyer
Product Number: 05149 | Scale: 1:720

05152.jpg

Container Ship "Colombo Express"
Product Number: 05152 | Scale: 1:700

07037.jpg

'58 Corvette Roadster
Product Number: 07037 | Scale: 1:25

07038.jpg

'76 Ford Torino
Product Number: 07038 | Scale: 1:25

07915.jpg

US Police Motorbike
Product Number: 07915 | Scale: 1:8

03305.jpg

M109 G
Product Number: 03305 | Scale: 1:72

Availability: 09/2017 | New Tool

03253.jpg

German Staff Car Type 82 "Kübelwagen"
Product Number: 03253 | Scale: 1:35

03254.jpg

Sd.Kfz. 184 Tank Hunter "Elefant"
Product Number: 03254 | Scale: 1:35

03255.jpg

Sd.Kfz. 167 "StuG IV"
Product Number: 03255 | Scale: 1:35

03256.jpg

TPz 1 Fuchs
Product Number: 03256 | Scale: 1:35

03257.jpg

LKW 5t. mil gl (4x4 Truck)
Product Number: 03257 | Scale: 1:35

03258.jpg

Leopard 1A1
Product Number: 03258 | Scale: 1:35

03259.jpg

Armoured Scout Vehicle P 204 (f)
Product Number: 03259 | Scale: 1:35

03306.jpg

T-55AM / T-55AM2B
Product Number: 03306 | Scale: 1:35

Availability: 10/2017

03307.jpg

Leopard 1A5 & Bridgelayer "Biber"
Product Number: 03307 | Scale: 1:35

02452.jpg

Seven Years War (Austrian & Prussian Infantry)
Product Number: 02452 | Scale: 1:72

02453.jpg

Seven Years War (Austrian Dragoons & Prussian Hussars)
Product Number: 02453 | Scale: 1:72

05778.jpg

125 Years Anniversary Roter Baron
Product Number: 05778 | Scale: 1:28

spacer.gif  

level_05.jpg

03944.jpg

P-51D Mustang
Product Number: 03944 | Scale: 1:32

03943.jpg

Bristol Beaufighter TF.X
Product Number: 03943 | Scale: 1:48

04994.jpg

F/A-18E Super Hornet
Product Number: 04994 | Scale: 1:32

Availability: 07/2017 | New Tool

03925.jpg

Tornado F.3 ADV
Product Number: 03925 | Scale: 48
Availability: 08/2017

03926.jpg

Focke Wulf Fw190 A-8 Nightfighter
Product Number: 03926 | Scale: 1:32

03927.jpg

Spitfire Mk.IXC
Product Number: 03927 | Scale: 1:32

03928.jpg

Heinkel He219 A-0 Nightfighter
Product Number: 03928 | Scale: 1:32
Availability: 09/2017

03929.jpg

Airbus A400M "Luftwaffe"
Product Number: 03929 | Scale: 1:72

03930.jpg

Focke Wulf Fw190 D-9
Product Number: 03930 | Scale: 1:48

03931.jpg

MiG-25 RBT
Product Number: 03931 | Scale: 1:48

03932.jpg

IL-2 Stormovik
Product Number: 03932 | Scale: 1:48

05699.jpg

Black Pearl
Product Number: 05699 | Scale: 1:72

05606.jpg

USS United States
Product Number: 05606 | Scale: 1:96
Availability: 10/2017

05422.jpg

Cutty Sark
Product Number: 05422 | Scale: 1:96

05150.jpg

Fletcher Class Destroyer PLATINUM EDITION
Product Number: 05150 | Scale: 1:144

05151.jpg

Petr Velikiy
Product Number: 05151 | Scale: 1:700

07050.jpg

Samba T1 "Flower Power"
Product Number: 07050 | Scale: 1:24

Availability: 09/2017

05790.jpg

75 Years Tiger I
Product Number: 05790 | Scale: 1:35

accessories.jpg

39058.jpg

Precision Cutter Professional
Product Number: 39058

spacer.gif

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I'm interested to see the old Revell 1/72nd Seven Years War figures re-released again, they haven't been around for a long time. Enjoyed painting them many years ago ^_^