Su-33 1/72 Trumpeter

9 hours ago, Redboost said:

Thanks Vladimir, I'm aware about most of your comments. I already added the flag on the starboard side, that was just my omission. Well, the colours are hardly to capture as they seems to rapidly change over the service time. The patterns my not be correct indeed, I just followed the Trumpy kit instructions as I did not want to go too deep into this topic, it was just a kind of fun build. I promise next time I will make it better:-)

Cheers

Libor

Hi Redboost,

however I think the colour match on your model is one of the best I've seen, compared to a few Su-33 kits on the internet.

For this specific bort number, the colours don't seem to different if you compare to other photographs like these on Airliners.net:

Bort 80 Red 1

Bort 80 Red 2

Bort 80 Red 3

Bort 80 Red 4

Of course it all depends on the lighting conditions of the real Aircraft etc., but your choice seems not too far. And, as you say, colours are very much subject to weathering, so two photos of the same aircraft may look very different after 2 years

So, since I'm building the Hasegawa Su-33, I'm very intersted in knowing the Gunze colours (or mixtures) you have used.

From the Trump instructions the main camo colours are identified as H67, H323 and H56, did you modify them?

Cheers

Davide

Hi Davide,

yes, I used the instructions colors and modified them as follows;

- dark blue: H56 + H15 mixed approximately 70:30

- light blue: H323 + touch of white H11

- light blue-grey: H67 + touch of grey H305

Cheers and good luck with yours!

Libor

On 12.11.2016 at 1:20 PM, NazarovVladimir said:

Beautiful course, but absolutely not the color camouflage scheme is rather conventional, extra pylons for rockets, sign During the long march on the right so the air intake once, well, the little things ...

14911696_m.jpg

I agree with my colleague Vladimir.:thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Redboost said:

Hi Davide,

yes, I used the instructions colors and modified them as follows;

- dark blue: H56 + H15 mixed approximately 70:30

- light blue: H323 + touch of white H11

- light blue-grey: H67 + touch of grey H305

Cheers and good luck with yours!

Libor

Thank you Libor!

Really nice work, Libor, and you're right it's a bit of a change from your usual subjects. I admire the subtle post-shading, I think that adds a degree of realism to the underside in particular. Really well done. I have the new Zvezda Su-27 sitting in the stash - I suppose one of these days I'll have to build it.   :) 

Cheers,

Bill

Really nice Libor, I love the colour scheme, the vibrant blue colours are quite striking compared to most western/nato camo schemes.

Rich

Edited by Rich G

On 10/11/2016 at 18:38, Redboost said:

I'm aware some aspects of the kit may not be 100% correct, but I'm fine with that

7 hours ago, NazarovVladimir said:

Do not invent. Why pass the desirable for reality?

6 hours ago, NazarovVladimir said:

:D you saw a real airplane, though, would be in the photos? Or praise made just for the fact that the model is painted, and no matter how ..?

Vladimir - you are making successive points that Libor's paint scheme isn't accurate, when he's already made it plain that he didn't intend it to be, and yet on at least 3 occasions you've posted to tell him.  He knows.  leave it alone.  It's not your job to tell him how to make his models.  It's a hobby for his own enjoyment.  Please bear this in mind in future.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Vladimir - you are making successive points that Libor's paint scheme isn't accurate, when he's already made it plain that he didn't intend it to be, and yet on at least 3 occasions you've posted to tell him.  He knows.  leave it alone.  It's not your job to tell him how to make his models.  It's a hobby for his own enjoyment.  Please bear this in mind in future.

With all due respect, I responded to the author only once, in the first report, which did not forget to praise the model. My second message is addressed to another person, who talked about burning out the paint and that colors may fantastic way, from one turn to another. The third answer so as not addressed to the author of the model and all-just hinted that the admiring comments about color models, a few misplaced.

I know you as a very good modeller, and so, you would have been praise-model MiG-31, if it were her instead of gray painted green?

Respect noted and thank you for the compliment on my Foxhound, but it was impossible to tell at first glance that you weren't talking to our OP, perhaps from your English (which is good), or the way you phrased your comments.  It may be an idea to review your posts in future to ensure there is no confusion, as you were perceived by OP as "having a dig".

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Respect noted and thank you for the compliment on my Foxhound, but it was impossible to tell at first glance that you weren't talking to our OP, perhaps from your English (which is good), or the way you phrased your comments.  It may be an idea to review your posts in future to ensure there is no confusion, as you were perceived by OP as "having a dig".

ok, perhaps this error automatic translator

Guys, we're all here modelers, each with its own level of skill, but let us be objective in the assessment of our work. I understand that you have the current picture, it is difficult to overcome, but .... I will ask a question to those who say that all great ... Guys, do not turn intoу Erik Pilawski. For many years I have given to the development of modeling and I have great respect those who make the Russian aviation .... but let us, we will be taken seriously to create the image.
In these words of his, I do not mean to offend the author, I immediately said that the model of cool, but wrong is painted and in their own words, I just want to achieve that, you began to perceive our aircraft so as we yours. I Hornet green not painted ..

1011V3W2k6n8A581.jpg

http://karopka.ru/community/user/6796/?MODEL=388943

And this is one of the best of the Su-33 models with perfectly transmitted color ...

http://karopka.ru/community/user/9540/?saved=931459&p=2&MODEL=467423#comment931459

Yes, I just want that, would we be taken seriously in the work, not clapping each model made ...

Edited by NazarovVladimir