.......and the Winner is.........

PlaStix

.......everyone who took part or contributed in any way to this Group Build. What an amazing GB! I thoroughly enjoyed taking part and hosting. I think the spread of the voting shows what a fantastic set of Vignettes have been produced and I hope they encourage the participants and others to make more of these types of scenes for their models in future.

On a personal note:

Thank you to everyone who voted for mine - I am so surprised it won - there are so many brilliant Vignettes in the Gallery. I was obviously delighted but today is also a very sad day for me. Unfortunately my mum passed away this afternoon after being poorly for some time. 

I am dedicating this win to her as she was always very supportive of my modelling and in fact she purchased the Revell Schlingmann Fire Truck for me a few years back when I was getting back into building kits.  I had only shown her this Vignette last week, while she was in hospital. She was delighted when I returned to the hobby because she remembered how I used to love making models as a child.

For my mum Betty 10/04/27 - 09/11/16

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 13

Sad news indeed Stix my condolences,It was thirteen years gone Friday since my mum passed away what I wouldn't give to here her

going mad at me for getting glue and paint on the coffee table just one more time!

• Like 1

My sincere condolences Stix. May she RIP. Concentrate on thinking of the happy memories, no one's ever really gone as long as they're remembered.

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Stix. I'm sure I can speak for all when I say I thank your mum for supporting your model-making because maybe you wouldn't be gracing these pages otherwise.

Badder.

• Like 1

I only just read your post. So sorry to hear it. I hope the next few days and weeks go as well as they can. Like Tony said, remember the good times you had, and be glad you got to have them. It's so sweet that she supported your modelling - one good memory right there.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Dear all,

Thank you so much for all your kind words, thoughts and condolences. I am sorry I haven't replied sooner but there has been a lot to do. I have checked in occasionally on here and reading your replies has helped raise my spirits. This is just another reason why Britmodeller is such a great place to be.

There is going to be a lot more to do over the next few months, to sort everything out, but I am determined to get some time making models as soon as I can. I'm actually hoping to get some done in the evenings this week if I can.

Thank you all again for your kindness.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 7