Bandai EX re-releases

Will Vale

Hi folks,

According to Hobby Search, Bandai are re-releasing some of the EX kits early next year, including the White Base, Musai and Hildolfr:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/747/0/1?state=1

The EX kits are a sort of semi-limited-run thing, they tend to be more expensive for their size than other Bandai models and you often have to use glue for some of the construction. I.e. like a normal kit :) Good crisp detail.

I built their Salamis and it was pretty good:

8360252566_c3af61f6e9_b.jpg

Quite tempted to pre-order the Musai to go with it, maybe the Hildolfr after seeing Brian's Zaku Tank :D

Cheers,

Will

I didn't know that - I have one in the stash from last time around though! Are any of the other UC Hard Graph kits making a re-appearance? I would like to get hold of the Wappa and Ramba Ral's squad.

Edit: Ramba Ral is coming too :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Oh the Hilfdolfr and Type 61 are definite possibilities. 

I've just bought one of the Zaku tanks from a friend on FB. 

I already have three of the Ramba Ral sets, but I've never found them hard to get hold of at around £25 posted from Amazon. 

What I really want is the 1/35 hover tank. I have a third party 1/100 set and the 1/144 ground war set but I want the big'un. 

• 2 weeks later...

The hover truck was a bit of a grail kit for me. I tracked one down in a tiny model shop hidden away in the corner of a tower block in Singapore, was quite special to find it somewhere out of the way like that.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

Did you build her up? Looks like the sort of thing you can really go to town on, filling up the truck bed with bits and bobs, maybe an Ambulance conversion or a Katyusha style missile truck. I need to buy at least five of them I think :P

9 hours ago, Misrule said:

Did you build her up?

Ahahahaaaa! Hilarious! I can see you don't see how the game is played :D

Seriously it's been halfway around the world and back and now lives in my stash to get dragged out and ogled from time to time. I'm a terrible person.

I do like the idea of the Katyusha/Smerch version, that would be wicked. And I have a vague memory of it coming with a tilt for an ambulance truck, but maybe that's the 1/144 version in the Ground War set?

Will

• Like 1