Heritage Aviation 1/48 Wessex HC2

noeyedears

trying to add the non-existent soundproofing. its just thick ally foil scribed with a blunt needle to give the quilted look.
this is a best guess as to the cockpit bit, if anyone has pics of this i would appreciate it.
31572157056_ba7956125a_o.jpg

the area around the drive shaft had to be padded out with some plasticard and plenty of glue.
31493534921_9755ef0b16_o.jpg

and then a patchwork of foil glued to the roof. ill knock up a couple of lights later. hopefully when this is all painted up and washed it should look OK.
31493535651_473460657f_o.jpg

• Like 5

it sure looks to me like you are beating this into submission

If you are still looking for reference photo's - I found this guys site invaluable.... over in Japan 

I like the fact that he's a modeler so a lot of the photo's are taken from unusual and often not seen angles - which is great for gleaning information from - a real modelers perspective

I just noted he also has a Whirlwind HAR 10 on file so I'll be using that a lot for my future build

Edited by hendie
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, hendie said:

I found this guys site invaluable.... over in Japan 

An excellent resource but I am astounded by the lack of a decent Mk5 walkaround, the 5's must have been the most known and common but I cannot find a decent one anywhere! Oh and I wish I had seen his Cormorant walkaround when I was doing my effort! :banghead:

Bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hendie said:

If you are still looking for reference photo's - I found this guys site invaluable.... over in Japan 

brill pics, and some good ones of the pilots seats too which i just what i wanted. i have repainted my seat to suit. thanks!

• Like 1

bit of conduit, bit of wire, some seats. im not going much further than this. spent ages polishing and dipping the windows... they still look naff.
31650481685_6989c3318b_o.jpg

this may look like a reasoable fit...but you cant see the front!
31534675661_e4e0433f22_o.jpg

perhaps slightly heavyhanded on the wash
31534675591_75646c7429_o.jpg

the roof looks OK though...not that you will see it once its closed up.
31650481645_108a635a67_o.jpg

• Like 4

The idea is to turn the pile o' junk on the left into something resembling what you see on the right. Will it work,,,no idea, i may rapidly run out of skill. Would someone kindly tell me if both exhausts are the same?

31663106586_09f605ee0e_o.jpg

• Like 1

How about these two from the BM walkarounds, most answers are there even though I so often go everywhere  else first  :(

SDC10590.jpg

SDC10591.jpg

same aircraft walkaround mirrored jetpipes obviously two different pipes

I cannot praise Julien and the walkround posters highly enough, well worth a look when you are into a build

(for info the two images have consecutive Img numbers, this one is SDC10591 which was what I found it from a googling)

b

• Like 2

On 14/12/2016 at 4:15 AM, hendie said:

it sure looks to me like you are beating this into submission

I like the fact that he's a modeler so a lot of the photo's are taken from unusual and often not seen angles - which is great for gleaning information from - a real modelers perspective

I just noted he also has a Whirlwind HAR 10 on file so I'll be using that a lot for my future build

Great link Hendie, found just the photo I needed of the top of a HAS.1 cockpit. 

still looks like a pile o' jusnk from the inside. used every type of glue i had (tamiya white and green, gator glue, CA, and finally devcon)for the different materials. i am suprised it didnt just melt away.
30898945804_92542850b5_o.jpg

from the outside its all good.
31740671025_35894a287d_o.jpg

with the exhaust on....well..... its fun but a bit of a waste of time TBH. Still, its all practise for when it really will matter, and if it had gone wrong it wouldnt have been a great loss.
31624645131_12fb74ba8d_o.jpg

• Like 6