1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby / Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

3 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Any news on release or is that a "Telford moment"? ;)

Martin

Sadly I don't think so Martin, see this post from the Special Hobby thread, I don't think we'll see it before next year :weep:

Still, looks like they're intent on getting it right which is more of a concern for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Release April-May 2019 and new box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/629678944139136

The first two SMB-2 Super Mystere boxes will be at the end of April or early May. We are preparing them for Azur Frrom. Azur Frrom box FR0035 offers French SMB-2 Early and FR0036 offers French SMB-2 Late. IAF SMB-2 will be later this Year in Special Hobby boxes

- SH72345 - SMB-2 Super Mystere 'Sa’ar – Israeli Storm in the Sky'

- SH72359 - SMB-2 Super Mystere 'Sambad'.

Both IAF SMB-2 kits were tested by Yoav Efrati.
All kits will be in www.specialhobby.eu

55551967.jpg

55543773.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/631141277326236

1/72 Super Mystere Ordnance and Fuel Tanks

The 1/72 Super Mystère kit, a joint project of Special Hobby and Azur/Frrom is currently on the finals and its sprues have already been shown several times both on the web and at some model shows. What has been still kept under the lid however is the extra sprue containing the plentiful offensive ordnance as used during the type's colourful service with the IAF as well as two types of underwing fuel tanks and AAM Sidewinders on special rails as seen on French SMB.2s. The "Israeli" option offers several bombs of various sizes, their pylons (of interest is the very unique quadruple rack), and also an indigenous AAM Shafrir (meaning "Dragonfly") on a special wing root mounted launcher. There are also the 600 and 1300l fuel tanks as well as a pair of napalm tanks.

V.P.

• Like 3

Glad to see these weapons options including the proper types of fuel tanks, it's something other kits are sadly lacking!

They're such teases!  This kit really can't come soon enough and Homebee's latest post has really whetted the appetite!

• Like 3

I need a sponge to mop up the drool....... ;). As @Wez said, this can't come too soon. For me the two French variants are what I want :). May, they said, right? That is THIS year, isn't it?

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

• 4 weeks later...

I see Aviation Megastore is showing them as 'expected' with a provisional price of €29.95...

Hopefully there will be a decent selection of options for that kind of moolah. 

Just now, Meatbox8 said:

Ooops.  Sorry.  Seem to have inadvertently appropriated your message.  Anyway, as I said, some cracking artwork.  Tanguy and Laverdeure flew these before being sent to Dijon to convert to the Mirage (in the TV series, at least) so the kit gets my vote.  My fave TV show in the 70s.  Quite pricey, mind you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

My fave TV show in the 70s.

One of mine too :)

Hannants have advanced purchase pricing, or at least they did.....

M

• Like 1

£20.25 advance order from the big H - top end of what I would like to pay, as long as there are some weapon options in there. 😀

Decal options look very good, and at least if I get one I can see how much of my wip on the old Airfix kit is mildly accurate. 

2 hours ago, Jinxman said:

£20.25 advance order from the big H - top end of what I would like to pay, as long as there are some weapon options in there. 😀

They have been showing off some weapons options so fingers crossed!  One thing I need to dig out is a Delmar pod and dart, I fancy doing one of the camouflage or even NMF aircraft with the highly colourful dart.  Next time I'm rummaging through the stash I need to find the Hasegawa weapons sets, I think they did a dart in one of their sets, not sure if they did the winch pod so some scratch building may be needed :hmmm:

Like others, I'm really looking forward to this kit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Ooops.  Sorry.  Seem to have inadvertently appropriated your message.  Anyway, as I said, some cracking artwork.  Tanguy and Laverdeure flew these before being sent to Dijon to convert to the Mirage (in the TV series, at least) so the kit gets my vote.  My fave TV show in the 70s.  Quite pricey, mind you. 

Well, in the comics they flew a/c coded 10-RT, 10-SL, 10-ST and 10-SR... The fuselage flashes are red and the stork is on the decal sheet, so that's not a problem...

If they can afford it (licensing fees), maybe Azur or SH would be interested in doing a Tanguy and Laverdure boxing....

• Like 1