1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby / Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

On 22/08/2019 at 22:39, SeaVenom said:

The kit is neither a SH kit nor a FRROM kit, these are done in collaboration between the two companies. Design mainly from FRROM and moulding etc by SH.

FRROM then release boxings such as the French ones, and the SH do their own boxings.

They did the same with the CASA 212 and other kits.

Julien

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teeradej said:

Looking forward to see if the kit has only long exhaust pipe or including both type of tails. 

Looking at the decal sheet, I think both types of tail will be included. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Look at sprue E above - is that the longer exhaust nozzle? And sprue C has the shorter nozzle crossed out.

Jeff

I did not say no longer parts. The point is plastics could be built either version but markings not. 

I can wait for maybe later boxing of IDF NMF jet with red arrows or get this kit if someone releases new Israeli Super Mystere decals or IsraDecal re-releases one.

Edited by Teeradej

On 24 September 2019 at 5:23 PM, Teeradej said:

I can wait for maybe later boxing of IDF NMF jet with red arrows or get this kit if someone releases new Israeli Super Mystere decals or IsraDecal re-releases one.

Edited Wednesday at 06:17 AM by Teeradej

Think yourself lucky it is here (almost)! I was stupidly (it seems) holding out for a Honduran option. Fortunately that is easy to replicate! ;)

Martin 

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Think yourself lucky it is here (almost)! I was stupidly (it seems) holding our for a Honduran option. Fortunately that is easy to replicate! ;)

Martin 

I just searched down my latent Airfix SMB2 build and compared it against the new plastic - I surprised myself with how accurate I'd got the Airfix one, but would agree with the sentiment - we are very lucky to have the new ones. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Fantastic! I'll expect a mail from the Big H very, very soon :)

Martin

Released in Czechia is not the same as the Big H getting their stock :fraidnot:

Personally, having had an SH Vuatour delivered today, buying a new car for Mrs Wez and a new front door  for Chez Wez funds are a bit tight atm, especially as the self propelled, temporary house on wheels is due its habitation check, annual service and MoT are due early next month.  I can wait a little while especially as I'm back on the studying treadmill untill next September now.

11 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Is original French Super Mystere boxing ok for the 1967 war? As I understand re-engining happened afterwards so this IAF kit is no good for the six-day war. 

Well that depends...

On 18/10/2019 at 19:29, Jabba said:

Was able to pick up one of these at E-Day last month.

...Jabba old mate, you have the kit in your hot a stickies, does it include the original Atar engine rear fuselage and exhaust?

If this is the case, then all that would be needed are the appropriate markings?

8 hours ago, Wez said:

...Jabba old mate, you have the kit in your hot a stickies, does it include the original Atar engine rear fuselage and exhaust?

If this is the case, then all that would be needed are the appropriate markings?

If I am correct in my thinking yes both styles of engines are catered for. Here is a picture of the said sprues in the kit, with the new one on the right and the original on the left.

resized_85f0baba-f8f5-4f87-99a6-204a9d1e

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jabba said:

If I am correct in my thinking yes both styles of engines are catered for. Here is a picture of the said sprues in the kit, with the new one on the right and the original on the left.

resized_85f0baba-f8f5-4f87-99a6-204a9d1e

Thank you, that is very helpful information! 

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

You're correct my friend, thanks for taking the trouble to help us out.

On 20/10/2019 at 09:32, Wez said:

Well that depends...

Good afternoon Wez

You mean this decal sheet ?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/isradecal-iaf-30-israeli-air-force-super-mystere-b2--251157

http://decals.kitreview.com/decals/mysteredecalreviewdw_1.htm

All the best

Patrice

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/10/2019 at 12:30, TEMPESTMK5 said:

That would do nicely Patrice.

For anyone contemplating a Honduran Sa'ar, I picked up the Air&Cosmos Monograph No.4 le Super Mystère B2 - L'ambition whilst in St Malo this weekend, I noticed that the Honduran jets had their original ejection seats replaced with what, going by the B-shaped headbox firing handles, look like Martin Baker seats, does anyone have any information on which type these would be?

• Like 1