1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby / Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

8 hours ago, Wez said:

That would do nicely Patrice.

For anyone contemplating a Honduran Sa'ar, I picked up the Air&Cosmos Monograph No.4 le Super Mystère B2 - L'ambition whilst in St Malo this weekend, I noticed that the Honduran jets had their original ejection seats replaced with what, going by the B-shaped headbox firing handles, look like Martin Baker seats, does anyone have any information on which type these would be?

Good evening Wez

I hope you had a very good weekend in St Malo ? ...

I will ask your question on Master 194 a French modellers site  ..

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Wez

I hope you had a very good weekend in St Malo ? ...

I will ask your question on Master 194 a French modellers site  ..

All the best

Patrice

Many thanks Patrice, I should get along to Master 194 myself I suppose, it might improve my French!

We were over for what is termed a Winter Cruise to support a local charity so we only had Saturday to do a whistle stop tour, this was our fourth trip but our friends first so we sheparded them around - Dinard for the market, Dinan for lunch and St Malo for shopping and drinks (coffee for me, I was driving).

The four course evening meal on the ferry on the way back was fantastic, Brittany Ferries certainly know how to put on a good spread, the Burgundy we washed it down with was nice too!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wez said:

That would do nicely Patrice.

For anyone contemplating a Honduran Sa'ar, I picked up the Air&Cosmos Monograph No.4 le Super Mystère B2 - L'ambition whilst in St Malo this weekend, I noticed that the Honduran jets had their original ejection seats replaced with what, going by the B-shaped headbox firing handles, look like Martin Baker seats, does anyone have any information on which type these would be?

Well you got it right. it's supposed to be a Martin Baker Mk 6 taken from Mirage superplus

Cheers

Armando

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wez said:

Many thanks Patrice, I should get along to Master 194 myself I suppose, it might improve my French!

We were over for what is termed a Winter Cruise to support a local charity so we only had Saturday to do a whistle stop tour, this was our fourth trip but our friends first so we sheparded them around - Dinard for the market, Dinan for lunch and St Malo for shopping and drinks (coffee for me, I was driving).

The four course evening meal on the ferry on the way back was fantastic, Brittany Ferries certainly know how to put on a good spread, the Burgundy we washed it down with was nice too!

Good morning Wez

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your week end ...

This the first answer to my question "the Sa´ar used a version of the MB Mk5 "

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/honduran-super-mystere-sa-ar-t44584.html

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Well you got it right. it's supposed to be a Martin Baker Mk 6 taken from Mirage superplus

Cheers

Armando

Well, I am. It'll replace my current FAH build in the cabinet:

..... built with a MB seat ;)

Martin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Thanks all for the replies on the MB seat, I should've known that based on Martin's @RidgeRunner thread :banghead:

What can I say, I've slept since then.

Good evening Wez

I guess that CMK will provide us with a resin MB seat soon ..

All the best

Patrice

Hi there

Still Asking about the Super Mystere B2, I wonder to ask if the original ejection seat is the right one for the F-84 Thunderstreak or F-100 Super Sabre????

Cheers 

Armando

3 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Hi there

Still Asking about the Super Mystere B2, I wonder to ask if the original ejection seat is the right one for the F-84 Thunderstreak or F-100 Super Sabre????

Cheers 

Armando

Good morning Armando

You may find what you are looking for on this site

http://www.ejectionsite.com/frame_safe2002.htm

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, arubin said:

Can I assume that this is better than the AZ version AZM7550 which I found to be a very poor kit?

Alan

Hi Alan - I haven't tried putting the plastic together yet, however a definite yes from me. I thought the AZ offering was worse than Airfix's in a few areas.

7 hours ago, Jinxman said:

I thought the AZ offering was worse than Airfix's in a few areas.

Having bought an AZ one recently, I will concur with this, Airfix did a far better job on the NACA ducts on the fuselage to my eye. Guess I'll be stumping up for a Special Hobby one after all. :(

Steve.

It seemed to me that the landing gear on the AZ was twisted round through 90 degrees.  I am trying to put together every plane flown by the Israeli Air Force and the AZ Super Mystere doesn't really cut it.It seemed to me that the landing gear on the AZ was twisted round through 90 degrees.  I am trying to put together every plane flown by the Israeli Air Force and the AZ Super Mystere doesn't really cut it.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, arubin said:

It seemed to me that the landing gear on the AZ was twisted round through 90 degrees.  I am trying to put together every plane flown by the Israeli Air Force and the AZ Super Mystere doesn't really cut it.It seemed to me that the landing gear on the AZ was twisted round through 90 degrees.  I am trying to put together every plane flown by the Israeli Air Force and the AZ Super Mystere doesn't really cut it.

a groundhog post for you, mate ;)

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

All original parts are in the box so seems pre-modification IDF Super Mystere can be assembled. Only decals are needed.

Yes that is correct.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Claudio Moura said:

I hope they make it possible to buy only the decal for those who already have the model launched before .... If not, that was not cool!

Have Special Hobby ever done that before? Has any kit manufacturer done that?