1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby / Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

13 minutes ago, Chillidragon said:

Super Mystère B2 en service dans l'Armée de l'Air: who is stocking this, and at the best price?

Go here;

http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/IMG/pdf/SMB2com.pdf

..or sometimes they come up on ebay, but not often.

Some of the information in the book can be gleaned from the internet, if you have time to search. 

18 minutes ago, Chillidragon said:

Super Mystère B2 en service dans l'Armée de l'Air: who is stocking this, and at the best price?

1 minute ago, Jinxman said:

Go here;

http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/IMG/pdf/SMB2com.pdf

..or sometimes they come up on ebay, but not often.

Some of the information in the book can be gleaned from the internet, if you have time to search. 

You need to contact them regarding the postage price to your location if it's outside of France.  The e-mail address is on the form @Jinxman linked to.

8 minutes ago, Chillidragon said:

I rather think that this book is beyond my budget.

I think the problem is, it's a weighty tome that's been produced to a high standard by a small publishing house with a limited production run which naturally pushes the unit price up :(

The book is indeed expensive, but you've to realize that it is most probably the definitive work on the SMB2, and as such it's worth the price.

So if you're a real fan of the aircraft, just get it, but if you're just looking for some quick references because your next build happen to be an SMB2, just move away.

On 29/03/2018 at 8:32 PM, Antoine said:

The book is indeed expensive, but you've to realize that it is most probably the definitive work on the SMB2, and as such it's worth the price.

So if you're a real fan of the aircraft, just get it, but if you're just looking for some quick references because your next build happen to be an SMB2, just move away.

Agreed. Avions-bateaux supply it, I think.

Martin

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Avions-bateaux supply it, I think.

I'm not so sure they do, I had looked previously and just looked again and drew a blank which I know doesn't mean a thing because I might not have been looking properly :unsure:

I ordered mine direct from EM 37 Editions, I placed my order of Friday, paid by pay-pal and got notification the book had been posted this morning, I'm sure it would've been dispatched sooner if it wasn't for the Easter break.

http://www.specialhobby.net/2018/04/sh72345-super-mystere-smb2-idf-verze.html

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

Colleague Peter before Easter glued together in test fitting of the test pressings Super Mystere, 1/72. The model is built in the IDF version with extended nozzle. Of course, everything is not perfect, but I think we have advanced again on a higher level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:D!

How come there isn't a "man who grinned himself to death emoticon"?

Edited by Wez
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wez said:

I'm not so sure they do, I had looked previously and just looked again and drew a blank which I know doesn't mean a thing because I might not have been looking properly :unsure:

I ordered mine direct from EM 37 Editions, I placed my order of Friday, paid by pay-pal and got notification the book had been posted this morning, I'm sure it would've been dispatched sooner if it wasn't for the Easter break.

Actually, I think you are right, Wez. 

I am tempted....;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

1 hour ago, SeaVenom said:

I hope they're not too long bringing out the French version.  They've taken ages to release new Vampire variants.

According to the response I got from Special Hobby which was reported in post #26 of this thread...

On 3/5/2018 at 06:22, Wez said:

I asked the following question via the Special Hobby website:

I see from the Nuernberg show that the first release of the 1/72nd Super Mystere will be in IDF markings, will this include the Atar type tail to allow the early and French versions to be built?

I've now received a reply as follows:

First 1/72 scale Super Myster box will be ready for Azur-Frrom. In this box will be french markings. IDF version will be later.

Which makes me very happy as the French schemes are by far the most colourful.

...so it looks like the French version will be first.  Certainly when the Vampire came out, it was Azur-Frrom who released their version first, quickly followed by the Xtrakit version.

There does seem to be a long gestation period between announcing a kit and releasing it, but I'd rather wait for them to get it right and I'm not known for my patience!

Looking forward to the Vampire F.1

Well my copy of the book arrived today, pretty prompt service I think!  I've quickly leafed through it and I'm pleased with it (but then, I'm bound to say that aren't I)?

Some great pictures with some technical details, plans and colour schemes etc, unit and individual aircraft histories.  Interesting to see camouflaged examples lit up by colourful target darts and associated winch pods, as well as an otherwise nondescript overall silver painted aircraft.  Naturally I like the NMF aircraft with their coloured lightning flashes the best!

Chapters on the export versions and I also like the photo's of contemporary aircraft such as Sabres, Thuds, Lightnings etc.

One thing that strikes me is the amount of aircraft that ended up face planting after a nose gear failure, seems the brakes weren't too good because a number of aircraft took the barrier too.

Plenty to keep me interested and some holiday reading when the studying is over!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...