1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby / Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

So far, so good.  Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey!

In other words, slow progress but I like what I see, now if they'd only show us the sprue with the weapons on I would be truly happy.

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

1/48 or larger please. Lovely heritage on this type.

rgds

Brian, They've announced plans for a 1/48th kit but only after the 1/72nd kit please.

12 hours ago, Wez said:

Brian, They've announced plans for a 1/48th kit but only after the 1/72nd kit please.

Cheers Wez......maybe the 1/32 after the 1/48 am just saying :)

The 1/72 offering looks good too and I might just pick one up too.....

rgds

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0035 Super Mystère B2 (1/72 nd) - test fit show we should slighty modify some internal parts - otherwise the fuselage would fit with some difficulties. Modifications will take one month, so release is postponed to Christmas 2018 (Update : 10 th of July).

V.P.

Naturally disappointed at the delay but as I've said before, I want them to get it right first and foremost.

I notice a Thai style temple lower right corner of the boxart. Frrom site said "SMB2 n°110 (01/10) over Bangkok, February 1961, OTASE cruise". Any more story behind this? I know RAF Hunters at Chiang Mai or Ubon Aussie Sabre but French Super Mystere in Thailand or South East Asia is something new to me.

Edited by Teeradej

6 hours ago, Teeradej said:

I notice a Thai style temple lower right corner of the boxart. Frrom site said "SMB2 n°110 (01/10) over Bangkok, February 1961, OTASE cruise". Any more story behind this? I know RAF Hunters at Chiang Mai or Ubon Aussie Sabre but French Super Mystere in Thailand or South East Asia is something new to me.

There's some details in the EM37 book, I'm away from my references right now and a translation will take me a few days but I'm sure I can provide the details

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 August 2018 at 1:11 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I’m hanging in there and, as Wez sez, best they get it right. :)

Martin

Well, my EM37 book arrived and so I'm now ready to go! I just need the kit ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

As Wez said earlier, where are the pylons and tanks, etc? You can see the holes in the wing under surfaces so they must be there somewhere. For me I hope there is a set of those large underwing 1,300 litre tanks. They look so classy carrying them (in my view) :)

having THE book is okay but it makes me want to build 2... no, 3, no .... 4 ........ what a great machine :)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2018 at 14:52, Teeradej said:

This is my summarised translation from one of the participating pilot's accounts (taken from the EM37 book).  Basically Crosière OTASE was a detachment in support of SEATO with exercises  in Thailand in 1961.  The detachment was supported by Noratlas and used a number of Air France bases for en-route support. Setting off from Creil, there were stopovers at Ankara, Tehran, Bahrain, Karachi, New Delhi, Calcutta before arriving at Bankok.  An opportunity was taken to rattle the shop-window's and the chandeliers of the presidential palace in Saigon whilst they were there.  The 1300 litre tanks would obviously been appreciated on such a trip!

Going through the EM37 book it's evident that Super Mystères suffered from nose undercarriage leg failures.

There's also an interesting photo of a camouflaged jet equipped as a target tug with a winch pod and dart target both of which add a splash of colour!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

There's also an interesting photo of a camouflaged jet equipped as a target tug with a winch pod and dart target both of which add a splash of colour!

I have my eye on one of them, Wez ;)

Martin

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:07 AM, Wez said:

This is my summarised translation from one of the participating pilot's accounts (taken from the EM37 book).  Basically Crosière OTASE was a detachment in support of SEATO with exercises  in Thailand in 1961.  The detachment was supported by Noratlas and used a number of Air France bases for en-route support. Setting off from Creil, there were stopovers at Ankara, Tehran, Bahrain, Karachi, New Delhi, Calcutta before arriving at Bankok.  An opportunity was taken to rattle the shop-window's and the chandeliers of the presidential palace in Saigon whilst they were there.  The 1300 litre tanks would obviously been appreciated on such a trip!

Going through the EM37 book it's evident that Super Mystères suffered from nose undercarriage leg failures.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/yoav.efrati.5/posts/2106969939323433

https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/1969027376525450

Thank you Special Hobby for giving me the honor of being he first in the world to build your new tool 1/72 Super Mystere and Sa’ar. The models shown depict a pair of aircraft that attained Syrian MiG-21 kills during the June 1967, Six Day War. The brown and blue scheme Super Mystere number 65 is painted as it appeared with a MiG kill marking soon after the war. J52 Skyhawk engined Super Mystere 34, renamed Sa’ar by the IAF, did not have a kill marking applied after being painted in War of Attrition desert scheme. All markings are made by Ra’anan Weiss of IsraDecals. A review of the new tooled Super Mystere and Sa’ar will appear in a future issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine.
Yoav Efrati- 11 October 2018.

43639701.jpg

43828115.jpg

43878782.jpg

V.P.

• Like 11

I'll have to keep an eye out for that edition of SAM.

Glad to see it with weaponry.

Edited by Wez

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, Homebee said:

Er... so where are they? Did I miss something?

• 4 weeks later...