1/72 - Yakovlev Yak-130 "Mitten" by Zvezda - released - new Microdesign PE set & KAV masks

Homebee

At the request of 172flogger (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011702-zvezda-2017-catalogue/&do=findComment&comment=2536118) ;) I've the pleasure to open a thread for the Zvezda's future 1/72nd Yakovlev Yak-130 "Mitten" - ref.7307

Source: https://vk.com/doc49818189_438784290?hash=63b43d8bea7b22204e&dl=624ebb4a6e12f7f2a1

136544991.png

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

Hope it's cheap so I can buy a pair of Mittens.

Have two of the Amodel kits of the armed prototype, just need someone to do an M346 now.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Yak-130/M346 really is a neat looking aircraft, isn't it?

And yes, I'd like to see an M346 as well, though with the almost identical configuration of the two it ought not to be beyond the skills of the average modeller to convert the Yak-130.

55 minutes ago, charlie_c67 said:

How different is the M346 from the Mitten?

Cockpit, complete landing gear, panel lines of engine intake areas (Yak-130 has anti-FOD intake devices, not the M-346) and engine nozzle area are very different.

Edited by Laurent

On 07/08/2017 at 7:56 PM, salomon said:

The CAD drawing looks really nice, can't wait for the release. Please plan it for the 1/48 with muche more detail.

Ark Model are doing one in 1/48th.

Paul Harrison

On 9.8.2017 at 2:35 PM, charlie_c67 said:

How different is the M346 from the Mitten?

Hi all,

I have been thinking same question with Hongdu L-15. They got in early phases some consultancy from Yakovlev but would L-15 conversion made any sense?  At least rear fuselage and horizontal stabilizers are totally different looking more like a twin-engined F-16, intakes are different and wing trailing edge angle seems to differ.

Greetings,

AaCee

I'm not decided yet - do separate decals or not - Yak bureau demo-bird will be released as another one Zvezda models. and i havn't comprehensive information about expotr Yaks-130s.

3 hours ago, Botan said:

Good to see Belarusian paint scheme, because those aren't only grey, but green!

I hadn't seen the Belarus scheme so googled it. They're VERY green aren't they!? Think I'll get one just for that camo.

Paul Harrison

On 10.08.2017 at 7:49 PM, Laurent said:

Looks great Kotey !

Do you know what are the yellow things in the main landing gear bays ?

It is only styrene imitation of pipelines, i dont't know why only its were painted. Thuis part in same sprues as other - so its all same light grey colour.

Edited by kotey
  • Thanks 1