Sherman M4A2 tank Airfix 1/76

Pawel Szczudlyk

Hi guys it's been a while since I have post something new the forum.

I have found this gb and it's a great opportunity or me to Finnish this really small tank. My friend give it to me some time ago but when I opened the everything inside is just so small. 

OK it's really easy build and for now it took me obout 3hrs. there was a lot of plastic cleaning and I had to use filler as well but so far so good.

For now hull and wheels are done next will be turret.

Cheers

20161106_125615_zpsmxkzyocx.jpg

20161106_135138_zpsmyoqwgnc.jpg

20161107_211859_zpskupot8lq.jpg

20161107_211930_zpstu0evmrq.jpg.

• Like 1

Despite Airfix optimistic labelling this kit is actually closest to an early production 'direct vision' M4.

If you really want to build this kit as an M4A2, it can be done with a lot of work.....I have most of the parts you would need as spares, but you would still need to do some scratch building.

The Airfix bogies are missing the track return skids, which may effect the fit of the tracks, these can easily be fashioned from plastic or brass strip bent around a former.

Tried to post a picture of how the bogey should look, but the iPad has defeated me.  :confused:

• Like 1

I'll have my PC back later today, once it's set up you can have all the Sherman references you will ever need.....PM with your e-mail address.  :coolio:

If you Google "M4 Sherman bogey" you will find plenty of pictures.....Here are the units I built for my own Airfix M4A2 (I did the full conversion):

Obsolete%20Sherman%20009_zpsq9csfkhv.jpg

I used bogeys from the MB/Revell Firefly, wheels are from the ESCI/Italeri M4A1 and the track return skids are from Dan Taylor Modelworks.   :nerd:

Hi thanks for reply. now i'confused a bit... it suppost to be easy build but i think i will make it more complicated.

i just have send you my email for reference pictures. Meanwhile is it supposed be like that? 

http://tank-photographs.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sherman-m4a2-british-medium-tank-ww2.html.

big thanks for your help! :)

Yep.....But those are real M4A2s, the Airfix kit is closest to a M4.  :nerd:

The only thing you really need to add to the bogey units is the return skid on the top (the bit made from brass on mine), if you don't fit them, the tracks will 'float' over the tops of the bogeys. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...