Mk IV Female 1/72 Emhar

Kl Kyk

Hi! thanks for opinions!

Rumblestripe

This marking option was in kit as one of two german options of paiting. Instruction says no details about unit or time where this vechicle was used. In literature about german use of Mk IV tanks I have found information that this type of cross was used but no photos for confirm this. I think this marking option model is hypothetical look of machine (note lack of individual number machine in unit or name).

• Like 1

The Tankograd  book on  Beute Tanks Vol 2 has 11 photos of various Mark IV males and females showing what is said to be a "Latin Cross"  similar to that used on your model.  The summary re markings in Vol 1 says that the Latin Cross  "....replaced the Iron Crosses" in August/Sept 1918. The locations of the crosses look to be OK.

None of  the photos however show the Latin Crosses as being on a white square. Having looked at all the photos in Vol 1 and 2 there's not a single photo with either type of cross on a visible white square. All crosses are clearly applied straight onto the camouflage.

I'd be tempted to paint over the white.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1