1/72 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by AZmodel - re-released - new boxing

Homebee

AZmodel is to re-release its 1/72nd Dassault Super Mystère B2 kit - ref. AZ7550

Source: https://www.facebook.com/azmodelkits/posts/1316894608335145

Original kit: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/129322-az-model-az7346-dassault-super-mystere-b-2

Boxart Super Mystere B.2 Israeli AF AZ7550 AZ model

14925779_1316893911668548_78469934247784

14947512_1316893985001874_50740779774002

14915489_1316894105001862_19119248398030

14908358_1316894135001859_41134836003858

14906938_1316894185001854_36472949600966

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Still not tanks or pylons though!

The tanks can be sourced from the Italeri/Academy Super Etendard but the pylons are a bit niche - this is very frustrating!

40 minutes ago, Wez said:

Still not tanks or pylons though!

The tanks can be sourced from the Italeri/Academy Super Etendard but the pylons are a bit niche - this is very frustrating!

Just now, stevehnz said:

Nevertheless, I'll be having one. :)

Steve.

Don't get me wrong Steve, I'll be getting one but it's very rare to see photos of in-service SMB-2's without the tanks, they should be part of the kit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Just like the tanks on the KP Mustang eh? At least I've got spares of those, tanks for a Mystere might involving some scratching/adapting. ,:(

Steve.

If you can find them, the tanks are the same as those fitted to Etendard/Super Etendard, the pylons would probably need scratchbuilding

• Like 1

What are the two items either side of the MG doors on the main sprue? They look like pylons to me, don't think they are flaps, and there aren't any belly fins on this beast, maybe there is a sprue missing???? And the one bird in the box art has pylons & no tanks.

9 minutes ago, Flyboy72nd said:

What are the two items either side of the MG doors on the main sprue? They look like pylons to me, don't think they are flaps, and there aren't any belly fins on this beast, maybe there is a sprue missing???? And the one bird in the box art has pylons & no tanks.

Good spot but if they're intended to be the pylons for the drop tanks they're not the right shape - take a look here  and you'll see what I mean, they lack the prominent rake of the real thing.

The original release came without tanks so there's no reason to believe this one will.

Mmh... The kit's vertical tail looks too narrow at the top, while on the colour profiles it's ok... and the 5-view drawing in latest book on the SMB2 seems to confirm that... It seems that it's down of the angle of the trailing edge of the rudder which should be a bit more to the back...

I'm not too sure about the shape of the nose either, looks a bit too round on the top...

Oh well, it would be necessary to put the fuselage directly on the drawing to be sure...

I will pass on this one and look for an old Airfix which looks better shapewise and comes with the drop tanks.

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Good spot but if they're intended to be the pylons for the drop tanks they're not the right shape - take a look here  and you'll see what I mean, they lack the prominent rake of the real thing.

The original release came without tanks so there's no reason to believe this one will.

Could these pylons be mounting Sidewinder or other missiles as there what looks like launcher rails opposite these pylons.

• 3 weeks later...

Was it something I said? :rolleyes:

Ok, the @"Mystere mystery :unsure:" is solved, as per this site-( http://www.sky-high.co.il/134771/סער-84 ) Super Mystere B2 was sent to Israel for overhaul and once finished was painted in French cammo but was retained and used in Israel, there are two black and white photos.

" It was one of a group of six Super Mystere aircraft of the French Air Force aircraft industry reached renovations from September to November 68. After the renovation planes were painted camouflage scheme of the French Air Force and were expected to reach Djibouti but remained in the country and transferred for use in the Air Force.

Edited by gregair
  • Like 1

Can anyone confirm whether this boxing comes with drop tanks?

At the moment I'm holding out for the Special Hobby kit, they've confirmed it will come with stores and it will be to the same standard of moulding as their Mirage F.1

What does AZ Model/Kopro have against drop tanks?! Seriously annoying. Don't they have someone from the company frequenting these forums? I vaguely recall. Can't believe they haven't realized the negative feedback.

Shame because that brown/blue camo scheme (white 43) looks killer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

AZ 7550, one of the worst models I have ever bought. The front landing gear is the wrong shape with the triangular brace facing sideways! You can see it on the sprue at https://www.facebook.com/azmodelkits/posts/1316894608335145.

I think this will have to be constructed wheels up.

Edited by arubin
spelling