Bf 110 Eastern Front

specky

Hi everyone

With the P-47 dragging its feet, I'm thinking maybe I should try and squeeze in 'quick one' with this 'near miss' carried over from the recent GPW GB.

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get paint to adhere to the 'vac-form' canopy. No matter how carefully I tried to remove the masking, it always left a torn and jagged edge to the 'framework', so now I'm going to use the (terrible) kit glazing fixed with PVA or something equally temporary, so I can call it finished for now, but with the option to revisit at a later date!

The auxiliary fuel tanks have disappeared from the face of the earth, so I'll be adapting it to take some Eduard spares. I may also try and use the vastly superior Eduard main gear wheels & tyres and there are some other odds and ends to add/fabricate - pitot tube, aileron mass balance weights, aerial wire, but nothing too taxing.

Cheers for now

Craig

• Like 6

Hi,

have you tried to use clear decal, painted first of the interior color, then the exterior one, and cut into thin strips. You just apply them as normal decals and trim the excess with a new scalpel blade?

That should work fine.

Good luck.

JR

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, jean said:

Hi,

have you tried to use clear decal, painted first of the interior color, then the exterior one, and cut into thin strips. You just apply them as normal decals and trim the excess with a new scalpel blade?

That should work fine.

Good luck.

JR

Thanks for taking the time to post that Jean  - great idea!,  but since masking of the kit glazing is almost complete, I'll see what that looks like first.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...