French Infantryman (AWI) and Fallschirmjaeger

Eludia

Hey again folks,

I've been working on these two 1/16 busts from Stormtroopers, a French Infantryman (AWI) and a Fallschirmjaeger. The AWI bust is painted with my usual minimal oil palette and is more or less finished. The Fallschirmjaeger is painted with Jo Sonja acrylics and still needs a bit of work, mainly the leather webbing straps and a few touch ups where the paint has worn a bit thin. I also think he needs a change of hair colour. I wanted to go for a classic arrogant Aryan look with blue eyes and golden blonde hair but it just looks a bit "wrong" so I'll probably tone it down a bit (I think the stubble is a bit dark and heavy for a blonde and that's what makes it look a bit odd).

DSC_3460.jpg

DSC_3461.jpg

DSC_3462.jpg

DSC_3463.jpg

DSC_3464.jpg

DSC_3465.jpg

DSC_3466.jpg

DSC_3467.jpg

Comments and critique are welcomed, especially on the Fallschirmjaeger as I want to improve my acrylic painting (I still find it quite frustrating).

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eludia said:

I think the stubble is a bit dark and heavy for a blonde and that's what makes it look a bit odd).

Agreed, but other than that, I'm not sure what is causing you frustration: I understand you have to do more touch ups, but it looks splendid to me (as the oily chap does :) ).  :worthy:

Now I'm going to check out Stormtroopers' range, and I blame you for that! :D :D :D 

Ciao

• Like 1