North Cormorant Oil Platform - 1:200 from Revell

As part of my club's table for Telford, I undertook this massive build back in in June. It is finally complete! The water surface down to the sea bed is all scratch built and I've extensively weathered the platform and added some 1:200 scale figures to populate it. The whole thing is probably the biggest model I've ever built - 20£ wide, 10" deep and over 3 foot tall.

Build thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004743-1200-revell-north-cormorant-oil-rig/

I have no idea where I will put this after Telford, I don't have a shelf big enough to put this... oh well I'll cross that bridge (platform) when I come to it!

DSC_5806.JPG

Note: this is actually an Oil PLATFORM not a rig - its fixed to the sea bed rather than floating, which is an Oil Rig which is usually used during the exploration phase of an oil filed development. So here are the photos...

DSC_6677.JPG

DSC_6679.JPG

DSC_6682.JPG

DSC_6683.JPG

DSC_6684.JPG

DSC_6685.JPG

DSC_6686.JPG

Scratch built jacket

DSC_6688.JPG

DSC_6689.JPG

It will be on the IPMS Farnborough stand in Hall 3 at Telford next week, come and say hi!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 43

17 minutes ago, prowler0000 said:

THAT, is a work of art!

Any chance of a shot with something to show the size of it, please?

How about with a 1:48 scale Mustang for comparison? :)

DSC_6718.JPG

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

:gobsmacked: fantastic looking build (have to watch North Sea Hijack now)....

With Roger Moore moaning about having a red wetsuit. Great Sunday afternoon escapism.

As for that mahoosive platform build. Ruddy marvellous! I remember seeing one for sale in a model shop in Whitstable some years ago and thought it would be a massive undertaking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work Sir! I too considered the underwater part but the thing is so large as it already is that I abandoned that idea. My model is complete too but I am waiting for the display case to be built before I put all the components together on to the actual platform. You know what I mean. I need the platforms' legs to have pilot holes drilled into them so that it can be attached to the base. Once that is done all the modules get glued on. I noticed your helipad circles are very nicely painted. How did you mange that? They should have supplied decals for that. I will try to post some pics of mine. Anyway again "Nice work".

• Like 1