Fiat BR-20, `Ruth`, IJAAF, Manchuria, 1938

Hi Everyone,

`Popped` my Classic Airframes cherry at last with my attempt at their 1/48 Fiat BR-20 kit.

KXMQA1z.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft used by the Japanese Air Force during the war against China just proir to WW II

Y9AwEc7.jpg

Built pretty much from the box contents, I added some radio gear in the fuselage but you can`t see it

l6effI0.jpg

Other additions included some structure in the nose, that you can barely see and some imagineered walls in the wheel wells

ylVgS2Y.jpg

Stuff you can see includes wiring harness and push rods on the engine cylinder, some dodgy seat belts and the usual antenna wires

41FbiiY.jpg

Quite a bit of filling and sanding and reinforced the fuselage join with tabs of card like you would with a `vacform` kit

Nv69dP5.jpg

Overall not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 44

11 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Looks great I'm very impressed. How was the fit of the nose to the rest of the fuselage? It looks like the latter is wider than the former on the one in my stash. 

Cheers S/F, not tooooooo bad, I made little tabs and fitted them to the fuselage and fitted the nose over them the next day, there was still some sanding and hacking though.

Polished up some history knowledge there -(once again! :D). Fiats in the IJAAF -Interesting.

I like the camouflage and the smooth finish of the end result a lot. Weathering looks realistic as well, especially the exhaust stains. The dorsal turret looks interesting; quite complex I must say. 

Jay

• Like 1

Always enjoy seeing your completed builds Russ, and this is another beauty. I've got a Special Hobby one of these in the stash, and seeing yours has brought it nearer the top of my list to get started on.

Cheers
Adam

• Like 1

Hello,Russ - The subject may be unfamiliar to me but the quality of your build and finishing work certainly isn't.Beautiful work and portrayal indeed.😉👍All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ancient mariner said:

Nice one Russ. Im building the 1:72nd issue from Italeri. Is the colour scheme the original Italian colours?

Thanks A M: I believe it`s the original colours it was delivered in, one of the other Japanese options in the box is for a sand with green and brown mottling camo`.

The called out colours on the paint guide weren`t any different to the Italian options.

• Like 1