1/72 Hasegawa PBJ-1J

So, a friend referred me to this group and I thought I would share this build. I have been modeling for about two years and this is my first go with a 1/72 bird. I love the Mitchell and we have one locally. Here are a few wip shots of my bird. Hopefully the images load... Enjoy.

IMG_4742_zpsqgoomzho.jpgIMG_5061_zpsocaekudc.jpgIMG_5067_zps8ajyigle.jpgIMG_5069_zpsugmkiujk.jpg

Edited by CoolHand11
No pics
  • Like 5

The pictures loaded fine, and that looks really good - I particularly like the gun-nose Mitchells and would love to get one of these kits if I ever see one for a bearable price :)

Nice work mate, I hope you will keep us informed of your progress?

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Thanks, this build is definitely a labor of love. The kit is detailed nicely with very little fit issues. It comes with both the gun nose and glass nosed versions. Has a nice resin wingtip radar. APS-3, I believe. The only fit issue was with the gun nose. It was a little wider than the body, but easily corrected. I built her with the gear up and you can expect the normal issues when doing this. She will be part of a diorama later, but have two more builds to complete for the scene. This was my first go with detailing engines this small, and I must say, it was quite the challenge. 😂 

Shannon

Edited by CoolHand11
  • Like 1