Spitfire MkIXe Eduard IAF 1/72

Hi,

Here is my latest finished model today, it's the new eduard Spitfire of the "quatro combo" box.

It's very easy to build suddenly we can quickly focus on painting.

Hope you like

950590001.jpg

589624002.jpg

600382003.jpg

409447004.jpg

254277005.jpg

Cheers

Joel

Edited by docjojo
wrong title
  • Like 35

A truly excellent Spitfire – she could easily be 1:48th. Subtle weathering makes her look real. And the panel joints visible 'through' the markings dots the i. Though I think that you forgot the underwing roundels… ;-)

Master class modelling.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Amazing job. One question, are those colours the same than the RAF scheme?

I have a problem with the tone of my paints, they seem too dark, but I´m not sure.

Thanks very much.

best regards from Uruguay.

Ignacio

44 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Can you tell us about your technique?

Hi Doc,

I'll try to explain my technique, I do not promise anything with my English.

I paint in first the three tone basic color, ocean grey and dark green.

Then I rework my basic colors.
Green is highlighted with light green H422 RLM82 gunze with light gray passages F-15 H306.
The gray was cleared to him in H306 and a final clarification but light with matt white XF-2 Tam.
Whenever it is fairly diluted paint, I filled the cup to 3/4 thinner tam and I stir with a brush dipped in the color I want to paint. I think it has to do two to three drops wholesale.

799161004.jpg

545804005.jpg

Traces of exhausts are painted with a mixture of brown / red followed by a trace of Tan in the center. drips of with sepia ink are made below the cell and around the fuel filler cap.
steps areas are stained with black and black / blue enamel mig or AK ranges for the base juice, I make small spots and then I attenuates more or less with a brush soaked in white spirit.
It is a method as may progressive with a lot of touch throughout the day.
Dust is put along the driver side fairing with the "dust deposit" Mig.

Ouch, hope you understand, and thank you to google trad

Joel

• Like 3

12 hours ago, docjojo said:

Hi Doc,

I'll try to explain my technique, I do not promise anything with my English.

I paint in first the three tone basic color, ocean grey and dark green.

Then I rework my basic colors.
Green is highlighted with light green H422 RLM82 gunze with light gray passages F-15 H306.
The gray was cleared to him in H306 and a final clarification but light with matt white XF-2 Tam.
Whenever it is fairly diluted paint, I filled the cup to 3/4 thinner tam and I stir with a brush dipped in the color I want to paint. I think it has to do two to three drops wholesale.

799161004.jpg

545804005.jpg

Traces of exhausts are painted with a mixture of brown / red followed by a trace of Tan in the center. drips of with sepia ink are made below the cell and around the fuel filler cap.
steps areas are stained with black and black / blue enamel mig or AK ranges for the base juice, I make small spots and then I attenuates more or less with a brush soaked in white spirit.
It is a method as may progressive with a lot of touch throughout the day.
Dust is put along the driver side fairing with the "dust deposit" Mig.

Ouch, hope you understand, and thank you to google trad

Joel

Hi Joel,

thanks a lot. I think I understand. No pre shading or black-basing or anything like that. You start with the plain unfaded colors and add very thin lightened mixtures of the base colors later. Again, the results look superb.

Ole