Fiat CR-42, the Italian Falcon. FINISHED!

• 2 weeks later...

Not much done on this over the past weeks until I pulled my finger out a couple of days ago, still not sure it will be finished on time as I think I would need a lot of time on Sunday and I can't see that happening, apparently there's some kind of special day that date ;).

The blu-tak masks seemed to have worked quite well for the camo and the end result looked like this.

DSC04770_zpsxqggjzba.jpg

DSC04771_zpsimpeluv2.jpg

Looks like a serious case of measles!

Unfortunately the white band was far too big, not sure how as I had measured the size of the decals which needed to fit on it, so this meant some masking and re-spraying which went okay. The model was given several coats of Klear which gave it a nice glossy surface and the decals applied. I used the decals from the Italeri sheet and I have to say they worked well and settled down nicely. With all the decals applied this is how she looked.

DSC04772_zpsdllf4oja.jpg

DSC04773_zps6ewlo8fc.jpg

DSC04774_zpsm2qql3ra.jpg

DSC04775_zpsbawgnsb5.jpg

As you can see a wash has been applied to the panel lines as well.

Since these pictures have been taken a matt coat has been applied which has toned things down nicely. I now have to start putting the sub-assemblies together, thw wheels look like they will fit quite well but I am very nervous of getting the struts and top wing on.

Hopefully there will be another update tomorrow.

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 5

Hi Craig. As Stew said above: it really is looking superb, especially with the decals on. I hope you manage to find the time to get it finished by Sunday.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Sorry guys but as suspected I have had a "spot of bother" with the struts and despite the intense use of some "engineering language" it is not going to be finished in time.

I don't want to rush things and make them worse so I will finish it at my own (rather slow) pace.

Thanks to all of you who have looked in and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Craig.

• Like 1

Hi Craig. That is such a shame but, as the guys said above, it's better to end up with a well finished model than a rushed one.

I hope you are having a Very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Well I've finally got her finished, despite Italeri's best efforts to get me to bin it through not doing the struts very well (some the wrong length, dodgy and vague attachment points etc) and whilst it's not my best build I'm quite happy with the results.

As we can't add to the gallery here are the pics of the finished item.

DSC04828_zpsimkngwd1.jpg

DSC04829_zpsgxly228t.jpg

DSC04830_zpsc9a3yyhd.jpg

DSC04831_zpsxfq6vt6q.jpg

DSC04832_zpssu0cqm5q.jpg

DSC04833_zpsehgrwfve.jpg

DSC04834_zps9elakuqe.jpg

Thanks for sticking with the build guys and for all the support during it.

As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received, and a happy new year to you all.

Craig.

(Who is never building another biplane!!)

• Like 5

That looks like a cracker Craig. As i know nothing about Italian bi-planes, it looks perfect to me. Even if it did, it still looks perfect.

It's nice to see you keeping up the build average for the club too ;)

Andy

• Like 1