1/72 - Avro York by MikroMir - 3D renders

Homebee

Dear fellow modellers,

as you probably know we are going to produce a kit of Avro York in 1/72

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011331-avro-york-172/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011380-172-avro-york-by-mikromir-cads/

At the moment the CAD model is nearly finished and we are calling all the York experts to give it proper scrunity before it's too late. We can provide full model as EDPRT viewer so all the nuances could be properly verified. Any help, references included, is greatly appreciated.

Please drop me a PM if you have any suggestions or willing to share information or participate

• Like 7

I see that you modeled the larger engine intakes. I am no York expert, but I am not sure if all (or most) Yorks had the large ones. Something I would like to see discussed, as I have two Yorks to build...

Carlos

On 28/01/2017 at 1:05 PM, bzn20 said:

Avro Canada built one York. It had different Pax windows, higher line than normal, think they were rectangular too.

Round windows. We discused that particular York on this topic: 

I'm still wanting photos!

• Like 1

Its a hard kite to find  anywhere. I looked through my dad's photos from when he was on the Berlin Airlift, he's got the strangest planes in there, odd National Guard aircraft in flashy  schemes, burnt out C-54s and Hastings, loads of Yorks  but not that one I'm afraid. I asked him about this York and it didn't ring any bells so I guess it didn't come anywhere near him, he would have remembered it. I haven't forgotten it. I look every now and again as its an interesting  one off.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 1:05 PM, bzn20 said:

Avro Canada built one York. It had different Pax windows, higher line than normal, think they were rectangular too.

The Victory Aircraft built York, FM400 / G-ALBX did have a higher than normal window line, which was straight (apart from a step down under the spars) and followed the upper fuselage line as you say, but they were circular windows.

It also had the earlier style Lancaster wheels.

BTW love the camo on this one, avro_york.jpg

It's great to see Praded-dembelya asking for info here, and hope someone with the knowledge can help him and Mikromir out.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

Oh no, not something else....I did a Czech Master resin conversion one in Dan Air markings a few years ago and always liked the aeroplane...

Edited by keithjs

You've probably seen it but I've searched...Victory Aircraft York, Skyways York, Avro York, Canadian York, Berlin airlift York and York. the last one got me loads of pictures of somewhere oop north !

Not a total waste of time ,found loads of great photos!

http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/lanccanadian.html  and go down the page!

This will be a great model to have added to the build pile, from what I can see it is being really well though out and developed.

Looking forward to seeing this model and others promised by MikroMir

Ali

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll 'ave a bit of that! Gotta be better than the Mach 2 one ...

Now, if someone would just do a 1:48 conversion set so that we can do a York AND a Manchester from a Tamiya Lancaster ... (I was going to ask for it in 1:32, but thought that might be greedy!)