Trumpeter 1/350 Admiral Lazarev Battlecruiser

Very nice work Madhatter.

They have had this kit in my local modelshop for a while and it tempts me every time I walk in.I look forward to seeing how the paint work looks with regard to the clear superstructure.

Regards

Nigel

thanks guys :)

Nigel, it is a good kit (well, so far it is) and I am enjoying the change in subject matter.

Speaking of which, here is some more pictures

IMG_4106_zpsvpehlix6.jpg

IMG_4107_zpstfmudznp.jpg

IMG_4109_zpsi7nmn6eu.jpg

IMG_4110_zpsnsavdafj.jpg

IMG_4111_zpsk4oyazpd.jpg

There is some touching up to do here and there and that's only because the masking fluid took a little too much paint off with it

I'm going to be starting the rest of the super structure tonight, so some decent pics to follow

As always, thanks for watching

Si

• Like 3

very impressed with your PE work and painting. If it is not a daft question but how did you achieve the dark shading? Did you undercoat with a dark colour and let it come through? whatever you did it is very effective.

Paul

:thumbsup:

Hi Paul

Nah, it's not a daft question at all. No such thing really. I tend to spray all surfaces Tamiya X-18 (semi gloss black) which reduces the need to 'pre-shade' - a technique I am slowly moving away from in favor of post shading where required

Hope that helps?

Si

hi all

Work continues - starting to look more like a ship now :)

Still a fair bit of touching up to do but that will happen soon enough

IMG_4112_zpsf7i1vq5y.jpg

IMG_4113_zpsk2bclt9u.jpg

IMG_4114_zpsekaof8nz.jpg

IMG_4115_zpsxfejab9m.jpg

IMG_4116_zpsjw24zjyu.jpg

IMG_4117_zpsxsdb1qyu.jpg

IMG_4120_zpsv1cgxduk.jpg

IMG_4119_zpsocn9nbfy.jpg

IMG_4123_zpsp1z5med9.jpg

IMG_4124_zps8httyvax.jpg

IMG_4125_zpsctv0qvlg.jpg

IMG_4126_zpsuhtfxkij.jpg

Still more walkways etc to put on. The above pics were just to ensure everything fits OK - which it seems to :)

I still have the handrails to look forward to yet.... yay

till next time :pilot:

Si

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

thanks guys

I have been a bit slack in updating this thread - my apologies

I am almost finished - still have to do to do some touch up painting here and there (as you will clearly see). Only a few more bit to add liek life boats, cranes and doors

IMG_4186_zpsmkqlyzfb.jpg

IMG_4187_zps5l1wcw1f.jpg

IMG_4188_zps6thqnzbu.jpg

IMG_4189_zpslz6zi1mv.jpg

IMG_4190_zpsr48mb5fq.jpg

IMG_4192_zpscjnnxh8o.jpg

IMG_4193_zpsvls1ecbk.jpg

IMG_4194_zpsu4yncofw.jpg

IMG_4196_zpsjuvewdzn.jpg

IMG_4197_zpssfwo9pku.jpg

IMG_4199_zpsi6qcj5wp.jpg

IMG_4202_zpssmwx0unr.jpg

IMG_4203_zpsdudaqjj4.jpg

IMG_4204_zpsgi6jrowu.jpg

well, that's all I have for now, but as always, thanks for showing an interest and loooking

Si

• Like 10

Well impressive Hatter, mine will stay in the stash for a while so it's nice to see what you've done here! If you like it as much as you look like you do then I recommend a Sovremenny next, especially if you have some paint left! Bravo!

On 12/12/2016 at 11:22 AM, Jockster said:

I recommend a Sovremenny next

Not likely - this one was enough now until I do my Tamiya Enterprise - and that will only happen when I find some more shelf space which is not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately 

• Like 1

Good question. I'm not entirely sure TBH. I have some F18 Super hornets and F14Ds but I am not sure she carried them. I'll need to do some more research. Got some AM phalanx guns and sparrow launchers to go with the PE sets plus I'll scratch the hangar bays and add lighting .....

Lots of ideas but not a lot of time or morale at the moment to undertake such a massive project

Check out the 'shipmodelforum' / calling all ship fans / carriers / CVN65 Enterprise for answers on aircraft!

Might also want to check out Starfighter decals to choose an airwing, I've gone for CVW-17 1996 last flight of the Intruder!

I think he does a post 2000 set.

If you are considering buying the Gold Medal Models etched elevator plates bear in mind that the mesh type original elevator floors were replaced in pairs with solid floors between 1996 and 2000. 

well that I didn't know. Which is a bit of a bummer coz I bought the elevator set ready to use as I quite like it. Might have to look for pictures of what she was like in 1990 > 1996 then. I say 1990 only as a starting point. I want her to look modern - not from the 60's 

I have been trawling that ship forum a lot lately - especially when looking for info on the Lazarev. Its a good site

She went for a refit 1994 to 1996. The Tamiya kit needs a fair bit of redetailing to bring her up to date but the overall dimensions and shape are good! There is a stunning build taking place in the WIP section, same forum! I've recently been building the hangar for mine, but had to pack it all away for a house move!