MiG E-152A - New 1/72 'Big MiG' from Modelsvit

To follow their earlier MiG E-150, Modelsvit have just released its developed version - the MiG-152A - given the NATO Reporting Name 'Flipper'

The box art is impressive..... and shows the Flipper with two dummy K-9 missiles underwing.

mig-e152_01.jpg

The parts are crisply moulded in grey plastic with restrained engraved panel detail.....

mig-e152_02.jpg

The wings, tailplanes and fin parts....

mig-e152_03.jpg

Parts for the twin engine exhausts.....

mig-e152_04.jpg

Intake bullet and cockpit parts - there are two sets of ventral fins to cater for differences in the panel lines - now that is attention to detail !!

mig-e152_05.jpg

More detail parts - including the afterburner flame holders......

mig-e152_07.jpg

Ken

• Like 4

More.....

Twin dummy K-9 missiles and their pylons....

mig-e152_08.jpg

One-piece canop, HUD and canopy masks....

mig-e152_09.jpg

Decal sheet - with instrument decals. The grey strip goes around the forward fuselage and saves masking and painting.

The etched parts are for detail around the intake bullet and seat belts......

mig-e152_10.jpg

Parts for the ejection seat....

mig-e152_11.jpg

8-page instruction booklet - with Humbrol colour matches.,,,

mig-e152_12.jpg

The two marking options...

mig-e152_13.jpg

This is a welcome new release from Modelsvit - I can't wait to get it started !!!

Ken

• Like 2

Anyone ????

A little progress.....

The cockpit 'tub' is combined with the nose cone 'bullet' - with the four-part nosewheel bay forming the cockpit floor.

If you don't glue the nosewheel leg in place, it can be folded away to avoid breakage..... decals are provided for the front and side panels...

A control column and rudder pedals are added to the nose wheel bay top - there is no mention of nose weight - so here's hoping... :pray:

mig-e152_14.jpg

Each main wheel bay is made up from four parts - before being attached to the fuselage.....

mig-e152_15.jpg

The jetpipes are quite complex - two-part 'barrels' - with a 3-part ribbed insert - fitted to a front bulkhead - note the delicate afterburner flame holder.

Two types of nozzles are included - fully open or closed as in full throttle...

mig-e152_16.jpg

Ken

• Like 2

Some more progress...........

Modelsvit provide an etched ring - with perforations - and four wedge-shaped vanes to go on the intake bullet.......

mig-e152_17.jpg

The intake is fully painted - but the perforated ring and vanes cannot be seen once the intake assembly is fitted inside the fuselage...

mig-e152_18.jpg

I had to remove some plastic from the side panels - and do a lot of 'fettling' - to get the assembled intake/cockpit/nosewheel to fit in place and allow the fuselage halves to meet up around the nose intake..... during which the etched vanes got knocked off.

As they can't be seen (unless you shine a torch up the intake!) - I left them off.

The mainwheel bay and rear jetpipe assembly is also fitted before the fuselage halves are joined....

mig-e152_19.jpg

Here all the major parts are assembled - ready for the final assault....... it looks like a 1/48th scale fuselage - with 1/72nd scale wings!!

mig-e152_20.jpg

The underside - showing the separate air brake panel.......

mig-e152_21.jpg

Ken

• Like 4

3 hours ago, andym said:

I notice a certain similarity in airframe to the Shenyang J-8.

I was thinking the same thing.........

day01_007.jpg

.... but I think they are dimensionally different - although they look very similar (although I just noticed that the nose tapers more on the J-8)

Ken

• Like 1

Some more.....

The superb ejection seat is made up from NINE beautifully delicate parts.....

mig-e152_22.jpg

.... which, when assembled make up the MiG's seat (excuse the hair - this is about 20 X life size)...

mig-e152_23.jpg

Modesvit even provide an etched set of seatbelts - this really is a work of art - I am well impressed.

Much better than any resin aftermarket seat.

mig-e152_24.jpg

The dummy K-9 missiles are similarly delicate - with wafer thin, realistic fins and a hollow jetpipe...........

mig-e152_25.jpg

Modelsvit just get better and better with each new release :thumbsup:

Ken

• Like 3

Looking very nice, Ken. It's a shame that the photoetch provided for the intake bullet can't be seen - oh well, I guess it's no different than the relief tube I put in my PB4Y-1.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

This really looks like a well thought out kit with good details - though Ken always makes it look so easy. How is the fit, anyway?

I wish other manufacturers take note.

• 2 weeks later...