Yakovlev Yak-1 early series (1/48 ModelSvit)

BOBO

At next I overpainted with "Duraliminium" the tail cover plate and wing cover plate in near of fuselage.

All position lamps (wing/ tail) are installed, also too the wing fuel displays (decals and onw clear parts).

Then I overpainted my model with waers (oil, kerosene and exhaust), new antenna wire are installed - well some parts with many afforts and some times I do not feel like it. :door:

Yak_12a.jpg

Yak_13b.jpg

Yak_13a.jpg

Yak_13c.jpg

• Like 4

The model stands out from its own chassis now. I use sanding pad for that, then the chassis is safe and small corrections are possible!

Yak_14a.jpg

Yak_14b.jpg

• Like 4

Well, my model Yak.1 is to be almost finished. Only exhaust pipes are missing. This is not a beginner model kit - this is sure!

Many mistakes I found in the contruction description. Therefore it is not easy to built this model without pictures and technical literature.

Otherwise this is the only model kit of early Yak-1 series. My second kit I will built as pre series model.

In my collection I have two kits from Accurate Miniature Yak-1. These kits are to 1998 and these also too has many mistakes.

Yak_15c.jpg

Yak_15a.jpg

Yak_15b.jpg

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 6

Hi Bobo, 

It looks very good! I should not paint the tail cover plate aluminium. why? because of the extreme white "flash". if it was aluminium,  it had a greyish glow over it. All spare parts were dilvered in AII green or later AMT-4 green. Bare aluminium usage by the VVS was a myth, just like the unpainted tanks from the Stalingrad factories.

The undersurface is a very difficult color. i have the Akan colors and i tried to find a subsitude for this color, but its no were near anything i have. Although a nice try.

The A-14 grey in the wheelbay and landing gear should be darker (?, yes darker). A-14 is a middle grey color (a almost perfect match with Vallejo air US grey) thats faded a bit brighter to greyish blue. 

Enough with the stick, carrot time!

This is a difficult kit. short run, details looks a bit rough and a horrible breakdown in parts with big moulding ports were the plastic is atatched to the sprue. I rate this kit as a VVS enthousiast must have. It matches scale plans perfect with a couple of odds, but its correctable (thats important!). you did a very good job on constuction and nailed the dreaded seam in the middle! exelent! 

My advice is to sell the Accurate Miniatures Yaks that are to flawed in my opinion. The time and effort to correct its mistakes is a waste of time if you learn to know the Modelsvit Yaks. Also it will look weird if you put the Accurate Miniatures Yak next to the Modelsvit Yak.  I got the same problem of the Lavochkin series i want to build. The ICM LaGG-3 looks odd next to a Zvezda La-5. Now i am backdating a Zvezda La-5 into a LaGG-3. A hiddeous job.....

All in all a good model and i hope to see a next VVS model from your hands.

HTH

Remco 

Hi Bobo,

I'd say it is a great result! If you still plan to do something to it, I'd add landing gear position indicators on each wing and show the flaps position indicator outlet on the port wing....

As a point of discussion- I'd question A-14 in the wheel wells... the general practice (if there was one) was the underside color for wheel wells on fighters... the inner side of covers, legs and perhaps wheel hubs could have been A-14... But I would be the last person to say that A-14 in the wheel wells is completely incorrect.

Edited by BallsBuster

• 2 weeks later...

After a little delay my model is ready for take off. Now I must prepare only a snow ground and some little extern accessoires. But I don't know I can end these work in this year .... :wub:

Yak_16a.jpg

Yak_16b.jpg

Yak_16c.jpg

Yak_16d.jpg

Yak_16e.jpg

• Like 5