All Nippon Airways Boeing 747-100SR 1/200 Hasegawa

Another Hasegawa airliner from their famous "Love Liner" Series.

Well a good 30 years old,this kit ,and most surprisingly the decals as well,where still in good condition.

Thats not always the case with Hasegawa decals.

I worked on this kit on and of for some years and last week I finally finished it.Its a complete out of the box build,except for the cabin windows.They come from a Hasegawa KLM 747 kit.

I had to use those as back in the 80s,Hasegawa airliners usually came without separate window decals.The ANA decal set provided only windows where the blue lines went over the windows.The rest would have been holes only.This would have looked odd and also I was not able to source an aftermarket ANA decal set for this aircraft,and I had to use what I had.

I really like those Hasegawa kits.They are easy to build and the scale allows them to be placed in vitrines.The optional display stand that is provided with every kit makes it easy to put more models in the same place.

Painted with my usual mix of Tamya spray cans and enamels from Testors and Revell.

This model represents an All Nippon Airways 747-100SR that was used by ANA as well as Japan Airlines on their high density routes in Japan.

Boeing especially developed these short-haul 747s for the japanese domestic marked and they had a all econmy class layout with 550-600+ seats.

Later also Boeing 747-300SR and -400D versions where produced and put into service by these 2 carriers.

The kittens where busy having dinner during the photoshoot,but on the last pic the lady kitten made a brief appearance...;)

Enjoy,

20161030_164100_zpsqvo4vaus.jpg

20161030_164108_zpszo1t1x5a.jpg

20161030_164125_zpsd5ma7ojq.jpg

20161030_164137_zps5ga1qh56.jpg

20161030_164151_zpsuf1c6xtg.jpg

• Like 19

Hi Alex:  

Congratulations for this very fine build if this wonderful aircraft.

Recently a lady who owns a Hobby Shop offered me a SALE PACKAGE with kits that have humidity markings in boxes, missing some parts, decals  or plans at cheaper prices, and toldme those were the very last items left from a Sale of kits I didn't knew of. This remanents batch, which included a nice collection of 1/144 and 1/200 kits between some 1/100 and 1/72 boxes was offered to me for very cheaper price and thinking quickly, "If you don't but them other for sure will do as the prices are nearly a gift"...and bought them without question.

That sparked in my mind the idea of having the very big beasts in smaller than 1/72 scale to make and have a nice display of them...and soon found there were the 1/200 Hasegawa ANA Boeing 747-400, AC-130, RAF Lockheed Tristar; Revell 1/200 Boeing 737 and C-160 Transall, Heller 1/200 Caravelle, Nord Noratlas and Breguet Atlantic; Revell 1/144 DC-8, Boeing 707-308,  Minicraft Constellations, DC-4, DC-6...and others...and looking at your wonderful work in truth spark my enthusiasm of build the beasties in this lovely scales...and think in looking for some more.

Looking your wonderful builds for sure sparked  me the interest for  such a nice project. Thank you very much for sharing your masterworks here!!!

Cheers from Guatemala!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Alex:  

Congratulations for this very fine build if this wonderful aircraft.

Recently a lady who owns a Hobby Shop offered me a SALE PACKAGE with kits that have humidity markings in boxes, missing some parts, decals  or plans at cheaper prices, and toldme those were the very last items left from a Sale of kits I didn't knew of. This remanents batch, which included a nice collection of 1/144 and 1/200 kits between some 1/100 and 1/72 boxes was offered to me for very cheaper price and thinking quickly, "If you don't but them other for sure will do as the prices are nearly a gift"...and bought them without question.

That sparked in my mind the idea of having the very big beasts in smaller than 1/72 scale to make and have a nice display of them...and soon found there were the 1/200 Hasegawa ANA Boeing 747-400, AC-130, RAF Lockheed Tristar; Revell 1/200 Boeing 737 and C-160 Transall, Heller 1/200 Caravelle, Nord Noratlas and Breguet Atlantic; Revell 1/144 DC-8, Boeing 707-308,  Minicraft Constellations, DC-4, DC-6...and others...and looking at your wonderful work in truth spark my enthusiasm of build the beasties in this lovely scales...and think in looking for some more.

Looking your wonderful builds for sure sparked  me the interest for  such a nice project. Thank you very much for sharing your masterworks here!!!

Cheers from Guatemala!!!

Luis Alfonso

Thank you very much Luis.

Wow,you have been very lucky to get these kits for a bargain.There are some absolutely rare kits among them.

Be aware that the RAF Lockheed TriStar from Hasegawa is only a rebox with new decals of their TriStar 1.The RAF TriStar should be the shorter TriStar 500 but Hasegawa never produced that version as a kit.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2016 at 0:01 PM, Alex1978 said:

Thank you very much Luis.

Wow,you have been very lucky to get these kits for a bargain.There are some absolutely rare kits among them.

Be aware that the RAF Lockheed TriStar from Hasegawa is only a rebox with new decals of their TriStar 1.The RAF TriStar should be the shorter TriStar 500 but Hasegawa never produced that version as a kit.

Hi Alex: 

Thank you very much for pointing that!!! Starting with your advice, have researched a little and  have read that the -500 variant has  "Its fuselage length shortened by 14 feet (4.3 m)"... that makes some 2 real cms in 1/200 scale so will look WHERE the cut needs to be made, if possible...also here in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_L-1011_TriStar is listed that the dimensions ofthe real machine are:

"The TriStar 500 has an overall length of 164 feet 2 inches (50.04 m) and wingspan increased to 164 feet 4 inches (50.09 m) (early TriStar versions originally had the TriStar 1 wing with a span of 155 feet 4 inches (47.35 m))."

I will look for  more data and drawings to check and will be thinking to make the adjustment, or depending the place to make the adjustments and other considerations as the wings span....leave them as the kit comes to avoid trouble... :)

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Luis Alfonso