1/48 scale Me109/Sdkfz 250 Mutant "What-if"

As a departure from my QLs I'm also building this "What-if" as my entry to my local IPMS clubs annual competition, the breif is we are given the same kit... The 1/48 scale Airfix Me109.... to build in any way we choose.... Not being a wing thing type of guy what better to do to an aircraft than to cut its wings off and fit it with wheels & tracks??!!

The other kit I used was an 1/48 scale Sdkfz 250 from Tamiya

So, here It is just before I primed it last night.....

30553441971_752067b5e0_k.jpg 

30341767230_c64adcf87c_k.jpg 

30641582805_31ac270617_k.jpg 

I'm calling it a 'Gruslig' Fast Reconnaissance Vehicle, 1947,

Thoughts??

ATB

Sean

Edited by vindicareassassin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vindicareassassin said:

As a departure from my QLs I'm also building this "What-if" as my entry to my local IPMS clubs annual competition, the breif is we are given the same kit... The 1/48 scale Airfix Me109.... to build in any way we choose.... Not being a wing thing type of guy what better to do to an aircraft than to cut its wings off and fit it with wheels & tracks??!!

The other kit I used was an 1/48 scale Sdkfz 250 from Tamiya

So, here It is just before I primed it last night.....

30553441971_752067b5e0_k.jpg 

30341767230_c64adcf87c_k.jpg 

30641582805_31ac270617_k.jpg 

I'm calling it a 'Gruslig' Fast Reconnaissance Vehicle, 1947,

Thoughts??

ATB

Sean

The only one that I can come up with at the moment is that you're barking! :>) (but with a vivid imagination).

The only one that I can come up with at the moment is that you're barking! :>) (but with a vivid imagination).

Mind you, I'm not much better myself....I managed to type onto your post...sorry!

John.

Can't wait to see this thing finished! Yeah, definitely go for the 'steam punk' thing.  Fill all those spaces up with cogs and chains, pipes and manifolds!

Following with interest.

Badder

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:18 AM, Badder said:

Can't wait to see this thing finished! Yeah, definitely go for the 'steam punk' thing.  Fill all those spaces up with cogs and chains, pipes and manifolds!

Following with interest.

Badder

I wasn't going for the Steam/Diesel Punk theme but now I look at it I can see where your all coming from, thing is, in my D&D group we have a saying " stick to the plan, even if it's a poor one and probably get you killed, you never know how it will end"..... So I'm sticking to the German '47 late war theme for now.

I've sprayed the base camo on and it looks OKish, my first time using MIG paints, I'm usually a Tamiya fan boy, really didn't get on with them, it was an all or nothing affair through my airbrush, and thinning it with water only created more issues, not sure if it's me or the airbrush yet, I'll not write them off just yet, but for now its back to what I know and trust.....

ATB

Sean