Henschel Hs 126B-1 2.(H)/14 North Africa 1941/1942 " I'm back in Europe ! "

Hello to all
Many times we buy mounting kit and then forget them in our closets, these days I thought of a new subject for this GB .... and I remembered to have a nice German reconnaissance aircraft also operates in Africa: the Hs 126B- 1; the kit is an ICM 1/48 with some afermarket set eduard and Quickboost
1_Box%20art_zpsgum39q70.jpg

I hope to arrive on time  at end of GB.......I will try to go fast..........:jump_fire:

:bye: Ettore  :pumpkin:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 7

Thanks Craig and Ozzy
I can only say that I have started construction,                                                                                                                                                                                 but I will show photos at the end of this week, I haven'n  time these days to enter inthe forum

See you soon

Ettore
  • Like 2

Hi All

Finally first shots...........

Having a detail set, I enjoyed it, almost, to paste some photo-etched on the wings :blink:

Then I glued together and well stops

1_Fotoincisioni%20su%20fusoliere%20ed%20

2_%20wings%20glued_zps70zaekex.jpg

......... And then I moved to the interior, it has been long and estenunate, as you see I scratchbuilt some details

3_Elementi%20su%20cruscotto%20e%20pannel

4_Interni_zps9z7jrawg.jpg

As you see, some photoetched are in RLM 66, I have to figure out if the interiors of the african period were RLM 02 or RLM 66, I think RLM 02 colors, but I'll  paint the box black and leave the front in RLM 66, also for contrast.

See you soon !

Ettore :bye:
  • Like 4

Hello

Finally I terminated the cockpit, two week to do a cockpit in a long time.....anyway

I think that the result is sufficient
6_Cockpit%20fiinito_zpssyvtotof.jpg

7_Cockpit%20fiinito_2_zps04ahbip6.jpg

8_Cockpit%20fiinito_3_zps3pbz7gic.jpg

9_Cockpit%20fiinito_4_zpstmdytpni.jpg

10_Cockpit%20fiinito_5_zpsvz93vzcv.jpg

11_Chiusura_zpspsdvwjw7.jpg

However, after closing, I found out that I made a mistake :rant:, we do not perceive? Maybe I can fix

:bye: Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 12

Nice going Ettore, the cockpit looks fantastic. I would think you would get the engine mount in at this stage, I found the wing supports (the ones that go from the top of the wing, to the supports that go to the fuselage.)quite brittle and had to do some repair on the sprue.

Exactly !
I just forgot to mount the engine bulkhead and uprights ........... At the first opportunity I'll offert to you a pint of beer !
Then I will study how to fix it

• Like 1

Hi All

I have overcome the problem of engine bulkhead
 without too much troubles...... :thumbsup: yessss ! Mounted some pieces of naca, oversprayed a primer coat 
and begun the construction of the engine.
12_Paratia%20motore_zps9ptruwlm.jpg

13_Primer_zpsx3gmvivk.jpg

14_Engine_zpsx8qbluqq.jpg

See you soon !!

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 6

Dear Friends
Unfortunately, for reasons of work I have to leave for South America (French Guyana), and  Iwill return on December 23; This means that I cannot finish the Hs 126 GB for this GB............but at least the Mk 202 is done!
Ok, tomorrow I will be in Paris, and at 11:00 AM I have the  flight to Cayenne, 9 hour flight and start again.....
:pilot:
See you soon !
  :bye:Ettore

PS
Eye:angry: ! For next GB 2017 I'll operative !
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello People

I'll jump behind also this second experience in French Guiana and re start with  modelling; unfortunately I will not finish the Hs 126, but I put it aside to finish it with more calm soon. Now I look what I missed in the forum, but I have seen, velocente, you worked well, Well done!
I take this opportunity to hug you all and wish you the best Christmas for you and your families 

See you at the next GB