Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:13 PM, Blastvader said:

I have a meeting in Leominster in the morning and this was the closest work sanctioned Premier Inn available. I must say, what a lovely one-way system you have. Definitely didn't endure 35 minutes of teeth-grinding, obscenity-spitting aggravation after missing the best camouflaged entrance to a hotel I've ever seen and having to go back round it again...during rush hour. The four hour drive beforehand didn't help any either.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, Procopius said:

One thing I will miss when (think positive, Edward) I move to the UK and blight your scepter'd isles will be the North American road system, British roads seeming to be more an attempt to link major cities with thin ribbons of concrete visible from the air rather than an effort at a workable highway system. You can't blame the Romans forever on this one.

Some of his I like, some I don't. Between you and me, I'm not the biggest Python fan in the world, because they were heavily over-quoted by American nerds in my youth, and nothing kills comedy based on absurdism and spontaneity like formalizing and ritualizing it. IMO, of course. 

Well at least Worcester being Roman, but expanding in Medieval times, so at least has a pretty reasonable excuse for its road system. Brumagen on the other hand...seethe seethe seethe and more seethe!

22 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

I don't swim.

It is a fact that most shark attacks occur within 3 ft depth of water.

That's why I never take a bath!

More people drown in deserts than dehydration, so good call.

Build and family looking good Mr P.

• Like 2

That is some really fine paint work mr p! Looks very fetching on this AC as well. Looking forward to the gloss.

as for the comments on Worcester! Lived just outside it all my life and spent a number of years working in it, my house was 4 miles out but I only ever used my BMX, I could beat the bus or car anyday of the week no problem.... I blame Worcester for me not bothered to pass my driving test until 21....Malverns roads are better but full of very slow honda's....

anyway sorry mr p your plane!

oh and I hope the cough goes soon! 

Rob

I feel I must defend our roads... and remind people of 'What the Romans Did for Us'.

Everyone knows that UK country roads veer around things that aren't there anymore and city roads can't be improved because of the things that are (still there).

If you want to see what we can do with a blank slate, just go to Milton Keynes. That'll teach you. So there.

• Like 7

Oi! There's at least two of us shark/croc/sake/spider/octopus fanciers here! Having grown up not all that far (Adelaide) from the Bluestreak site/Maralinga, etc., maybe that's what's wrong with me.

Looking forward to the markings/myriad stencil transfers followed by more whooshing noises and dogfights (woof).

• Like 3

Lord Flashheart!

"Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it doesn't mean I'm not sick of this damned war; the mud, the noise, the endless poetry."

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

It's a Leuchars Fighter Wing Op Telic bird which I built quite some time ago, and yes, of course.

Nice F3! Looks like the Hasegawa version is now on my 'get' list. Nice fine details. Ooooh, rivets.

I have no idea where you are in this build, but I'm going to time travel using the lozenge buttons to see. :)

Edit: I have returned! Speaking of hard returns, Deb. Lovely photo of missus and junior. You are truly blessed with both a beautiful life partner and a handsome son who will no doubt combine your intellects. Think on that next time you have a tough day!

• Like 3

Just now, modelglue said:

Nice F3! Looks like the Hasegawa version is now on my 'get' list. Nice fine details. Ooooh, rivets.

It's not a fun build or a great kit, I'm afraid. I have a spare one (with some leftover bits from a prior build) you can have for a friend price, though.

• Like 1

That Tonka thread is a remarkably short one. Go to whoa in 24 posts (less than a 'new page'). What on earth happened? Then again, you didn't have idiots like me :fool: gumming up the works (as it happens, I have already been going back and deleting some of my previous posts here, to reduce the load). Nice hairyplane, by the way. Funny - as been said before on this very thread - how much it looks like the Flenser, especially with the cockpit mask on...

Nice Unixism as your location, modelglue :).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AlexN said:

That Tonka thread is a remarkably short one. Go to whoa in 24 posts (less than a 'new page'). What on earth happened? 

It was a different time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexN said:

Unixism

I'll have to take your word for it @AlexN, for I have no knowledge of Unix and had to google what it could mean. I still, after reading a few hits, don't fully understand the significance. :)

I'm not as smart in real life as I pretend to be on Britmodeller. You see, I have all kinds of time to think about what I'll type where as IRL, I bumble through most conversation.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, rob85 said:

Malverns roads are better but full of very slow honda's...

Now they just are a pain in the a*s to a low flying impatient 3 series pilot:whistle:

There's a fair few of 'em around here too(and Toyota Yaris's and Nissan Micra's,all dawdler's motors)

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miggers said:

Now they just are a pain in the a*s to a low flying impatient 3 series pilot:whistle:

There's a fair few of 'em around here too(and Toyota Yaris's and Nissan Micra's,all dawdler's motors)

I wish I could say the same miggers but I currently drive a Kia picanto..... My other car gave up.... That said I have surprised a number of people with my roller skate, I like to think I am driving a gt3... Reality can be harsh

Rob

• Like 2

As the driver of a Civic SR I resent the "slow Honda drivers" comment :)

Though I must admit it's not the car I ordered. New one soon though. A5 or a Jag you think? (The correct answer is neither unfortunately. The tax in kind is bonkers on both)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

We drive a 2011 Subaru Forester which was expensive enough for two cars. It can get up to 90 MPH, but it doesn't like it. 

Does the check engine light come on if you top up the oil? That just happened to me on my 2002 Impreza Sport.

2 hours ago, rob85 said:

I wish I could say the same miggers but I currently drive a Kia picanto..... My other car gave up.... That said I have surprised a number of people with my roller skate, I like to think I am driving a gt3... Reality can be harsh

Rob

I think I feel your pain Rob but TBH,the last two things I had with an engine that small was my first two when I'd passed my test back in the late 70's

1/ 1966 1275 Cooper S

2/1969 Viva HB with a 1200 in it

So I can't really comment on how something with anything less than a 1.9/2.0 with 100-150 bhp "under the hood" goes nowadays.

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

We drive a 2011 Subaru Forester which was expensive enough for two cars. It can get up to 90 MPH, but it doesn't like it. 

Don't worry mate,when you come to the UK you can excorcise that demon with a nice X5 with a three litre  six cylinder turbo diesel in it.90mph? pah!!,easy peasy.

56 minutes ago, Blastvader said:

As the driver of a Civic SR I resent the "slow Honda drivers" comment :)

Though I must admit it's not the car I ordered. New one soon though. A5 or a Jag you think? (The correct answer is neither unfortunately. The tax in kind is bonkers on both)

Neither BV, 2 or 4 series coupe with a two litre minimum in it.

A Civic SR can go well,I think Rob is referring to Honda Jazz's,they seem to be OAP's preferred mode of transport,usually in

metallic pink and going slowly........

What I find weird is that my current  four year old 3 series with a two litre in it has more power

and is better on fuel but costs £100 per year less tax than my ten year old one that I p/x'ed with a two litre in it...

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 3