Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

In that first photo, young W is staring into the depths of time with that rapt profundity which only children possess. Or is he just reacting to his paterfamilias roaming the house again in something by Versace? :o 

(Posted by one who is slouching around tonight in a Christmas-themed onesie and being silently judged by his own offspring for sartorial thought-crime...)

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

In that first photo, young W is staring into the depths of time with that rapt profundity which only children possess. Or is he just reacting to his paterfamilias roaming the house again in something by Versace? :o 

(Posted by one who is slouching around tonight in a Christmas-themed onesie and being silently judged by his own offspring for sartorial thought-crime...)

I'd love to judge, but if I had the opportunity I'd happily rock a onesie.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

It's funny you should mention that, as I wore my Batman onesie for the first time the other day, and Mrs P rather archly told me not to even bother trying to look dignified. I think that's just her way of coping with the roiling, surging, extremely sexual urges she was no doubt feeling at that instant.

• Like 10

Fortunately for me, despite her many virtues, Mrs P has almost comically weak arms, and needs me around to ensure a steady supply of jam. 

NB This is much less comical when she decides she needs air in her car's tires at 8 PM when it's below freezing.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

If I had a husband who had taken to wearing onsies, he'd rapidly find himself battered around the head with the 'Battle of Ballymurphy Memorial Skillet'!

I had a pal who used to buy his aspirins over in Ballymurphy, you could get a plastic bag of 100 or so slightly out of date ones from a chemists' shop up there for a couple of quid. A bag would last him a couple of years: last I heard he was still breathing. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I thought the Army was the only non-Royal service? 

I was being ironic.

4 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I had a pal who used to buy his aspirins over in Ballymurphy, you could get a plastic bag of 100 or so slightly out of date ones from a chemists' shop up there for a couple of quid. A bag would last him a couple of years: last I heard he was still breathing. 

The 'Murph' was a wonderful place when I was a wee wain.

Sadly my childhood doesn't count any more.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You'll be wearing sandals next! Tsk!

Standards, People!

(I must renew my manicure)

(As if!)

Funny you should mention that, the other day I finally found my missing Godzilla slippers. They had some how fallen in the back of the closet and had a bunch of Mrs Thud's purses piled on them.  She has no idea how that could have happened. Now when I walk through the house, you hear the first 20 seconds of  this-

Mrs T is thrilled! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Can't stand a slouchie modeler....

(Give him one for me, Debs)

And me too Debs.

55 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

I'm with Mrs P on this.

If I had a husband who had taken to wearing onsies, he'd rapidly find himself battered around the head with the 'Battle of Ballymurphy Memorial Skillet'!

Mrs Miggers also would be right in there with you two .

Something like "Hah-hah,you want to wear a WHAT........:chair:

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

It's funny you should mention that, as I wore my Batman onesie for the first time the other day, and Mrs P rather archly told me not to even bother trying to look dignified. I think that's just her way of coping with the roiling, surging, extremely sexual urges she was no doubt feeling at that instant.

Says he rather smugly.

Brilliant Ed,I found that one quite:rofl:

• Like 1

Grown men in onesies? Sweet ever lovin' little babby Jeebus that is so wrong.

Is it safe to come back into the room now?

Do people still use air in car tyres? How delightfully 1923. Hie thee to your nearest purveyor of quality automotive rubber and get them to fill the tyres with nitrogen. The benefits are many, but mostly, your pressure topping up days will be a thing of the dim, distant past. They've been using nitrogen in airyplane tyres for a few days now, and if it's good enough for airyplanes... Here in the land of 'charge as much as you can', it's only $8 a tyre. (Even if it was $80, it would still be a bargain for the sheer convenience. Go and get it done, pronto if not sooner. Then rejoice in the wonders of the post-steam age.)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Funny you should mention that, the other day I finally found my missing Godzilla slippers. They had some how fallen in the back of the closet and had a bunch of Mrs Thud's purses piled on them.  She has no idea how that could have happened. Now when I walk through the house, you hear the first 20 seconds of  this-

Mrs T is thrilled! 

Godzilla slippers eh,hhmmm.:hmmm:

Dealer boots are my footware of choice for going out in(very fashionable here in the UK at the mo.Edward).

I have three pairs,all brogue style,including a pair of these beauties:

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/banbury-market-boot-573l-573l

They're a lovely light tan Mustang leather with metal quarter heel tips,Mrs Miggers calls them "noisy clown shoes"..........

• Like 3

Just now, Miggers said:

Godzilla slippers eh,hhmmm.:hmmm:

Dealer boots are my footware of choice for going out in(very fashionable here in the UK at the mo.Edward).

I have three pairs,all brogue style,including a pair of these beauties:

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/banbury-market-boot-573l-573l

They're a lovely light tan Mustang leather with metal quarter heel tips,Mrs Miggers calls them "noisy clown shoes"..........

Holy Rod Stewart! I typically buy hiking shoes and wear them with everything. Oh, and some red Chucks I wear when I have to don a suit for work.

• Like 4