Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

8 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

That's a beauty PC, truly. Any chance to see it next to another 1/72 build from your collection now that it's complete? 

For you mon frere, anything:

31963720522_85aee589ee_h.jpg2017-01-04_08-46-18 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Everything I built in 2016. A little depressing.

• Like 13

Is there a 'double like' button? I knew you'd come through.

The Valiant is enormous, but I guess that shouldn't be too surprising, while the ginormity (hmm spell check doesn't recognize that word) of the Fencer is.

The other surprise is the petiteness (or that one) of the Focke-Wulf.

• Like 4

Actually a very nice lineup there, PC! And it only beats my output by seven kits. Yes, I finished all of one model last year (although it did feature in SAMI as a build article, so there!). But surely that mahoosive (my spell check doesn't seem to be working, either) Valiant counts for two or three builds by itself?

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Because I wanted to.
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Yes, I finished all of one model last year (although it did feature in SAMI as a build article, so there!).

I think published builds count for substantially more, yes. Plus you've had at least two books published, so that's gotta count for something. I just made this in my spare time and then found it eats spare time:

32073687656_bae612e43e_h.jpg2017-01-04_09-32-02 by Edward IX, on Flickr

• Like 14

Well, I don't know PC, you built a whole other person (with a little help from Mrs. PC, if I remember my college biology correctly). That's pretty impressive. In my defence, though, I did finish two books and had them published this year, and finished the manuscript on another, which did take a bit of time*. Very cute little guy by the way!

Regards,

Jason

*The books are 'Lavochkin Fighters of the Second World War', 'Tu-2: The Forgotten Medium Bomber', and the manuscript is for 'Soviet Strategic Bombers: The Hammer in the Hammer and Sickle'. The first two books have been published and are available for purchase on line and in all fine (and not so fine) bookstores. The strategic bomber book should be published sometime late this year, hopefully.

Edited by Learstang
Additional information added.
  • Like 8

Quality not quantity, that's the trick... and Winnie is surely a good addition to the collection. Anytime now he'll be going to sleep in the early evening and sleeping through and then soon, too soon, you won't be able to get him out of bed at all...

• Like 3

Beats me by 100% for winged things (and 100% for targets etc since most of what I have built has ended up in the bin!)

Contemplating stash reduction- I wonder how much it would cost me to ship it stateside and watch PC do the hard work!

(seriously, anyone in central Scotland that wants some free kits let me know!)

• Like 2

Want to see all the kits that I completed in 2016? Here they are:

So stop complaining.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be rude: in retrospect it does look that way.

Cheers,

the alex.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Contemplating stash reduction- I wonder how much it would cost me to ship it stateside and watch PC do the hard work!

(seriously, anyone in central Scotland that wants some free kits let me know!)

Surely it would be cheaper to ship me there? Just sayin'.

• Like 5

I finished 8 last year too, but 2 of them were started the previous year, and I was unemployed for 6 months, so how you managed that many with work and a nipper I have no idea!

Ian

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

I finished 8 last year too, but 2 of them were started the previous year, and I was unemployed for 6 months, so how you managed that many with work and a nipper I have no idea!

Uh, well, the Valiant and the Sabre were both from 2015 as well. Also I forgot a Ta 152, but who cares about those?

Also my job is social media manager, and judging by some of the threads in Chat down south, not only is that not a real job, it's basically like working for the Antichrist and as you'd expect, evil does not demand long hours. (Actually it does, I have to sleep with my phone and I spend about 12 hours a day at work or commuting, but I only sleep five hours a night and everyone else goes to bed by nine or ten.)

• Like 1

Er, I managed one complete build last year as well. I have three on the Shelf of Unfinishedum (strange spell check not working here either!). A Jaguar & a Buccaneer just about done and a half built Airfix Tonka from years ago that I pulled out of the stash in order to implement a quick stash reduction. So eight and at the standard you build to is an impressive total young Skywalker.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harley John said:

So eight and at the standard you build to is an impressive total young Skywalker.

Not when you factor in the rate I buy 'em at. This was a particularly bad year, maybe as many as a hundred kits. I dare not count. But 24 Eduard Spitfires (four Royal boxings, two XVI combos, two F.IXs, two IXc lates) alone. 

• Like 6

One hundred kits? That beats me, PC. I looked at my kit log (Excel spreadsheet) and counted fifty or so kits purchased this year, including only a dozen or so Spitfires. My bought to built ratio was a paltry 50:1. Not good. However, this year I'm turning over a new leaf and will finish two, maybe three models! A veritable avalanche of plastic pulchritude!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Very, very minor correction.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

I have to sleep with my phone

Now that's what I call dedication! I stroke mine sometimes but go no further... is there 'an app for that'?

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

This was a particularly bad year, maybe as many as a hundred kits.

Wow. That's a lot. But 'bad year'? With all those Spitfires? If you're not careful, your 'phone will get jealous :D 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CedB said:

Now that's what I call dedication! I stroke mine sometimes but go no further... is there 'an app for that'?

Well played.

• Like 2

Nice job on the Fencer Mr P, and a good year's tally build wise (speaks one who is often lapped by glaciers in terms of build speed). May I also be so bold to add my vote for the Liberator too.

• Like 2

Excellent work. Looking forward to the RFI. Eight builds is pretty ace, especially with a little un. I can only fiddle with the plastic now mine are grown up a mite. Actually I think I clocked up about that many, two of which were before BM. Keep up the great work chap.

Johnny.