Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

1 hour ago, Miggers said:

Ooh,I've always had a thing for a GPZ11 Eddie Lawson Rep.I had a go on one once BITD and was most impressed with it.

Hoo-hoo,that is right up my street.One thing I've always loved(bike-wise)is a damned good pipey two-stroke with a light switch power band,

just is a "flies-on-teeth" moment when it gets on the pipe.:D

I had a Stan Stevens tuned DT175MX yonks ago,with a good pipe,spark arrestor,reeds and jetting,it was making a good 30-35bhp(plus lots of other mods to the cycle parts).

The front wheel was up and down like a yo-yo,I loved it.^_^

Funny you should say that John,I did mention the baby 883,but no,eyes are always cast at a 1200 Sporty.<_<

Mrs P has you procreating too much and you're fagged out I reckon:lol:

An Eddie Lawson Race Rep! Nice! And the Stan Stevens tuned  DT175MX sounds like fun.

As the years have passed I have realised that I have neither the talent or ability to ride at anything other than a sedate pace. I have a friend with the same Fat Bob as I have who does have the talent and ability and regularly puts the fear of god into sports bike riders who don't seem to like being overtaken by a Harley! :o

The Harley 48 is a bonnie bike, again I know a lady who has one and thinks its the bees knees. Just expect to be filling up every 80 odd miles.

I thought the idea of fagging is that they did all the work for you allowing to relax with ones chums in the sixth form common room or have I been reading Tom Browns Schooldays all wrong?

Edited by Harley John
numbers wrong way round.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

The only way I would buy a Harley is if it was a Buell!

My mates son had one...when it ran, it was great...the trouble was it didn't run an awful lot. :( 

My mate who was a motorcycle mechanic and still does all his own servicing, repairs etc. hated it. Loved the concept, thought Buell was a genius but reckoned it was one of the worst put together motorcycles he had ever come across! This is a guy who still has the Norton Commando 850 he bought in 1976 still running  along with all his Harleys.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

In the twistys, few can stay with me.

Hello Debs,

Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line: it takes skill to keep up the pace in the twisty bits :). Um...but you already know that ;). (Lacking said skill I am cautious in both conditions - except keeping a weather-eye out for afore-mentioned eejits, of which there's a distressingly large number in this neck o' the woods.)

4 hours ago, CedB said:

At least I assume that's what Miggers was implying... :wicked: 

:hypnotised: :hypnotised: :hypnotised:  <-- the alex's mind boggling at just a few of the implications of this statement. "Run away! Run away!", as would say the Teletubbies.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

Of course one does not go Stateside and say: "Oi Mate. Can I bum a fag off you'" *

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

'Fag' - as in cigarette, or tired - used to be used regular-like in Oz when I were younger - not so much now since our lingo became Amerikanischerized (note sarcastic use of zed).

• Like 2

On 2016-12-07 at 0:14 AM, Thud4444 said:

Hey Ed, you seen this...

I'm gonna need a new PC.  I can't tell where it's set, or when. 

We're getting this and a new MechCommander,  I feel like it's 97 all over again. 

What? More fellow Battletech-fans here?

Mech5: Mercs will not arrive until 2018 unfortunately, but the turnbased Battletech will be here during the summer 2017

Mw5 is set in 3015, with an estimated end-date of 3049

Battletech is 3025 but only a few years.

Yes, I'm a little bit hyped for this...

Reactor online. Sensors Online. Weapons online.

All systems nominal

• Like 1

So stenciling has begun. The Begemot sheet is rather opulent, with nice big glossy sheets of paper for the placement guide that cover the differing stencils for all the major Su-24 subtypes and weapons, too! (Unstenciled weapons look weird.) Uh...eighteen done, about two hundred and fifty more to go.

2016-12-08_07-08-10

6 hours ago, Christer A said:

What? More fellow Battletech-fans here?

I used to do demo games for the company that makes the boardgame, and was quite active on their message boards for a number of years.

• Like 18

The big issue is the decal water going cold -- someone on here mentioned they use a small hot plate to keep it warm, which sounded brilliant to me until I had visions of the grotto engulfed in flames if I forgot to turn it off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

love the guy standing on the wing, I'm sure he's a big help.

'Ivan. Get off the wing Ivan - you are drunk. This will not end well Ivan. Ivan? Stop singing and listen to me! The plane he is not strong, you will...Oh. Now look what you did Ivan. This is why you can't have nice things....'

• Like 7

Ah, decal [sic] tray hot plates... hmm, I don't have one of those... but nothing on the 'net. A gap in the market!

My beloved Trumpeter tray1 is plastic though. Thermos flask and waste water bucket?

1 I like it, a lot, because you can soak the transfers for a bit and then lift the tray out of the water so that they don't float off. In case of emergency there's a scoop thing too. Nice (and cheap)

• Like 4

Just now, TheBaron said:

'Ivan. Get off the wing Ivan - you are drunk. This will not end well Ivan. Ivan? Stop singing and listen to me! The plane he is not strong, you will...Oh. Now look what you did Ivan. This is why you can't have nice things....'

"Ha ha ha, look at me, so heavy I make plane break! Take photo for VK*!" 

2 minutes ago, CedB said:

Ah, decal [sic] tray hot plates... hmm, I don't have one of those... but nothing on the 'net. A gap in the market!

My beloved Trumpeter tray1 is plastic though. Thermos flask and waste water bucket?

1 I like it, a lot, because you can soak the transfers for a bit and then lift the tray out of the water so that they don't float off. In case of emergency there's a scoop thing too. Nice (and cheap)

Truly, we live in an age of wonders. I like that they didn't clip anything off the sprues, on the assumption that modellers prefer it that way.

I've seen a few small and cheap hot plates that might anwer (though they'd probably turn your tray into a white goop that would raise a lot of eyebrows). Some seem to have automatic shut-offs. I'm trying to find one with a timed shut-off, since I invariably forget to switch off the lights or turn off the compressor when I go to bed.

* Russian Facebook. I am a Social Media Professional.

• Like 5

Tin can with small air holes in sides.

Tea candle (burning time approx. 2 hours)

Saucer/bowl of water balanced on top.

So long as the water container is stable

then I think we are onto a (cheap) winner.

(BTW, translation may be needed, a tea candle

is a small candle in an aluminium/aluminum cup)

• Like 2

Just now, Pete in Lincs said:

(BTW, translation may be needed, a tea candle

is a small candle in an aluminium/aluminum cup)

Yep, college kids here use them to have sex by candlelight (and then inevitably burn themselves by spilling hot wax all over).

• Like 4

This is what is required. I bought one a number of months ago, it keeps the water quite warm (possibly a little too warm, but hey ho.) One day I'll open it up and see if it's adjustable.

Good things - it's reasonably cheap, it works well, it self regulates, it's designed to be on all the time so it won't burn your house down, no candles to drip hot wax everywhere.

Bad things - the dish is small (but most decals are anyway, so...), no dinky little tray a la Mr Trumpeter's device, you'll need a power point (wall socket/whatever it's called where you live) near the bench to plug it in, you'll look like a New Age knob when you buy it, no candles to drip hot wax everywhere. (Ooh err matron! and possibly fnarr fnarr as well.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wick-Summer-Delights-Electric-Melter/dp/B015KRIFYK

(I used that example because that was the one that came up. Other retailers will have it in stock. I bought mine from a supermarket.)

• Like 2

Yep, college kids here use them to have sex by candlelight (and then inevitably burn themselves by spilling hot wax all over).

I blame the King of Tantric Sex for starting all that:

• Like 2

Are you speaking from experience? 

Edit: there's no need to answer that question.

Edited by Beard
To add text.
  • Like 3