Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

10 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Everything stopped for this programme!

Veronica Hamel >whimpers<

My future wife when I was 15 and couldn't decide between marrying her or Kate Bush, making a Damascene conversion to Mormonism seem the sensible choice.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Veronica Hamel >whimpers<

My future wife when I was 15 and couldn't decide between marrying her or Kate Bush, making a Damascene conversion to Mormonism seem the sensible choice.

Wouldn't have helped, the LDS church hasn't officially been polygynous since the 1890s. What you need instead is a good dose of Islam, preferably while being a sheik.

Or, in extremis, one of the Mormon breakaways, many of whom still practice plural marriage.

• Like 3

On 11/26/2016 at 5:57 PM, Rob G said:

Wouldn't have helped, the LDS church hasn't officially been polygynous since the 1890s. What you need instead is a good dose of Islam, preferably while being a sheik.

Or, in extremis, one of the Mormon breakaways, many of whom still practice plural marriage.

Or one a them thar polyamororous types, who kind of creep me out a bit, since they generally seem to fit into the same personality types as Nazi Generals (at least the surprisingly large number who I've met have):

3 hours ago, Harley John said:

Any news on the Fencer?

I'm afraid no work was done over the long weekend -- Winston and Mrs P have occupied a lot of my time, both pleasantly (long walks in nearby forest preserves, trying for baby #2) and more prosaically (Winston was sick and now both of us are sick). Mrs P is also quite taken with Oz TV show The Glitch, so I've been watching it with her. I'm hoping to do some more work soon, but having sanded back a lot of rough paintwork, I'm not super-motivated to go over it again. 

• Like 6

Get well soon PC.

It might be an idea to 'try for a baby #2' indoors - fooling around in 'nearby forest reserves' may be where you caught your cold? :wicked: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Get well soon PC.

It might be an idea to 'try for a baby #2' indoors - fooling around in 'nearby forest reserves' may be where you caught your cold? :wicked: 

Oh, we couldn't! Mrs P is a teacher, so if we were brought up on public indecency charges, she'd be banned from working with children. Sadly I caught my cold the old fashioned way: a screaming one-year-old drooled into my mouth.

Here he is now.

31291482696_7b78e7d555_h.jpg20161129_185506 by Edward IX, on Flickr

A gentle little creature:

30520268563_5b6909162e_h.jpg20161126_141852 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Friend to all:

30520267653_8564ed2ad3_h.jpg20161126_141855 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Enemy of none:

30959169320_c55fce1f4d_h.jpg20161126_141850 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Anyway, I did some work on the Su-24 this evening, careful to wear the mask that Cookie gave me.

Before painting:

31327799635_d6a53b89db_h.jpg20161129_200506 by Edward IX, on Flickr

31327798665_4676cbbdf1_h.jpg20161129_202009 by Edward IX, on Flickr

And after:

31291480126_3277679fb6_h.jpg20161129_205117 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Need to do the white and move on. 

• Like 7

They're a big bugger, ain't they? Su-24s, I mean. Looking pretty F.A.B. thus far, keep on rolling.

Gotta love them kid germs. I'm so very glad that I've managed to avoid them (kids and kid germs, double miss there, yay) my whole life.

• Like 1

Just adding my get well wishes to the famille Procopious. If it's any consolation there's a flu-type bug running rampant in this part of the globe that seems to poke at you with a new symptom every day over a three-week period. Kind of like The Andromeda Strain, but with Vick's Vapo-Rub....

Slowly but surely you're outflanking that Fencer; in those latter shots it's even starting to rival Ced's current White Flight build in the 'surprisingly-big-in-the-hand stakes.'

As to young Winston using his materfamilias as a Tonton like that? Fierce cute is the only phrase for it! :lol:

Tony

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Kind of like The Andromeda Strain...

Oh no! That mutated and ATE PLASTIC - get the President on the 'phone now, you must sterilise the area :D 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Procopius said:

I'm afraid no work was done over the long weekend -- Winston and Mrs P have occupied a lot of my time, both pleasantly (long walks in nearby forest preserves, trying for baby #2) 

Trying for baby number 2 while on a walk in the forest is certainly using your imagination!

Ian

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CedB said:

Get well soon PC.

And here's my chance:

Fnaar,fnaar,fnaar:D

And throw in an extra fnaar,fnaar,nudge-nudge wink-wink for the "surprisingly big in the hand stakes"line too.

Yonder Winston is great,I see he's sussed the old "hide under the bed",the "poke in the eye","pull the mouth" and the top notch

"tweak o'the nose"gags.

Yes,Ed,it certainly seems like that you're at last outflensing the Fancer,good work from both you and Winstie.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

You have a one year old and you're trying for another?

Wow!

That's brave / mad / crazy *

* Delete as appropriate.

Ah,the white hot flush of youth,striding forth into the unknown...........:whistle:

(I very nearly typed "thrusting forth",but that would have emptied Ced's fnarr fnaar bank rapidly)

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ascoteer said:

You have a one year old and you're trying for another?

Wow!

That's brave / mad / crazy *

* Delete as appropriate.

It's similar to buying a second kit without having finished (or even started, really) the first one. You might want it, and if you wait too long, it might be unavailable, or very expensive. Also, this way there's a spare if you screw up the first one.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Miggers said:

(I very nearly typed "thrusting forth",but that would have emptied Ced's fnarr fnaar bank rapidly)

10 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

Aye we have to keep that Viz Character that is Ced well in check!

Eh? What? Oh lummie (just been listening to 'The Navy Lark' - left hand down a bit) :D

PC's right, of course. Well, not about screwing up the first one, obviously, but having two kids close together is recommended (by us anyway) for lots of reasons. Hand-me-downs maybe. But definitely getting all the yucky, teething, crying bits out of the way in one go rather than it all starting again after you've had a rest.

• Like 1

commiserations on the sickness PC and the paint woes.

I'm currently shivering myself to death in a mediocre hotel in Worcester due to baby plague so I feel your pain particularly acutely this chilly eve. In fact I'm pretty sure the ebola monkey from Outbreak is the father, not I, considering her virulence.

Bloody Christmas songs on in the bar aren't helping either.

• Like 4