Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

Aargh! Page flip :(. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, Procopius said:

A...steam-powered guillotine?

Ooh, so close - but no cylindrical smokin' fing1. Try again.

Actually, it is more subtle than that, although it will be obvious when you see it. B R O A D hint: it's a linguistic thing.

Damn, out o' 'likes' again. I had to skip a whole lot to get to the end.

Soviet jet looking very nice indeed. What are your thoughts on the Trumpeter 1/32 (I know, wrong scale an' all that) Su-27B?

Cheers,

Alex.

1 Another Pratchett quote. Well, Pratchett quoting Sgt. Detritus the troll.

Just now, AlexN said:

Soviet jet looking very nice indeed. What are your thoughts on the Trumpeter 1/32 (I know, wrong scale an' all that) Su-27B?

I don't really know anything about anything outside of 1/72, I'm afraid. Best not to meddle in the devil's business.

• Like 7

Oh dear, I am forever cast into the outer darkness, lit by the fires o' hell and warmed by the kiss of near-absoulte zero temperatures. I even do 1/4.5 scale - not 1/48, 1/4.5. But that is because I am really weird.

Have another guess. :devil: While all the Poms are asleep. That's another hint.

13 minutes ago, AlexN said:

Oh dear, I am forever cast into the outer darkness, lit by the fires o' hell and warmed by the kiss of near-absoulte zero temperatures. I even do 1/4.5 scale - not 1/48, 1/4.5. But that is because I am really weird.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AlexN said:

Have another guess. :devil: While all the Poms are asleep. That's another hint.

Not all of us are asleep. ;):ninja: 

TonyT

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Aaaaaaand we're back to Bodyline...:lol:

Harold Larwood & Douglas Jardine invariably referred to it as "Leg Theory".  Only wingeing Aussies refer to it as "Bodyline" (despite their own fast bowlers adopting the tactic pretty much ever since when it suits them...)

As an exiled son of Nottinghamshire whose father pretty much worshipped Larwood & Voce, don't get me started!

• Like 5

Hmm...the Aussie Cricket team...I have to say that they are far too often too arrogant for their - and by association, our (that is, Aussies') own good. I quite enjoy seeing them taken down a peg or two (vide their recent ignominious deafeats at the hands of the Seth Ifricans - especially when they were going to wipe the fllor with 'such an inexperienced team', serve them jolly well right) -except, of course, when playing the Poms. That's Different. And thus I deftly deflect from the thorny topice of 'Bodyline'. Or not.

Pete in Lincs has possibly got the closest with the chicken bit. The real answer is that whenever I hear or read the word 'lay' being used instead of 'lie' - almost always by Amerikanische persons, but latterly the disease is spreading in Oz, curse it - I invariably think of the (usually) person being described, and laying an egg. Of course, one can turn the tables on me and say that 'lie' reminds someone of the person described as telling untruths, and so the cycle of violence continues. It seems, in general, that English and Australians use the word 'lie', and Amerikans the word 'lay' to describe the same verb. I prefer 'lie', coz that's what I was brought up with.

Anyway, my pathetic attempt at yet another obscure joke (which I delight in, because I'm weird) has backfired on me as usual, having had to use far too verbose an explanation.

In penance, I shall go back a few pages and dispense a few 'likes'. That'll shut me up.

Alex :sheep: <-- not a comedian

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AlexN said:

The real answer is that whenever I hear or read the word 'lay' being used instead of 'lie' - almost always by Amerikanische persons, but latterly the disease is spreading in Oz, curse it - I invariably think of the (usually) person being described, and laying an egg.

• Like 5

On 16/11/2016 at 3:44 AM, Procopius said:

I don't really know anything about anything outside of 1/72, I'm afraid. Best not to meddle in the devil's business.

Which actually translates as:

"I'd love one but not on your nelly.:fraidnot:"

"If I strolled through the door with one of those tucked under my arm,Mrs P would give me a really,really,

very hard stare,much harder than the one she gave me when she caught me watching the t.v inflagrante AND I would be

subjected to another serious beasting with the dustpan and brush.........<_<"

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

Merely the dustpan and brush????

Methinks I will have to have a wee word with Mrs Miggers as to how recalcitrant ££££ spending males should be chastised! ;)

Oh aye,Mrs Procopius is well versed in giving our edward a beasting with the dustpan and brush.Bristley end first.Most firmly.

And my dear Deblet,Mrs Miggers keeps a very firm grip on the purse strings and is very adroit at diverting Miggers

from his preferred course of action when he sees something he want's to spend his loot on:nono:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miggers said:

Oh aye,Mrs Procopius is well versed in giving our edward a beasting with the dustpan and brush.Bristley end first.Most firmly.

And my dear Deblet,Mrs Miggers keeps a very firm grip on the purse strings and is very adroit at diverting Miggers

from his preferred course of action when he sees something he want's to spend his loot on:nono:

Somewhere on the web there is a site called 'Modeller's Spouse' in which our significant others discuss us in unflattering terms and share tips on control strategies and behaviour modification. The CIA go there to take notes...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Somewhere on the web there is a site called 'Modeller's Spouse' in which our significant others discuss us in unflattering terms and share tips on control strategies and behaviour modification. The CIA go there to take notes...

This is a picture I took last year at the IPMS-Butch O'Hare show near Chicago. I call it "Sad wives at the model airplane show".

10671229_880811101943703_752620756233721

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Procopius said:

This is a picture I took last year at the IPMS-Butch O'Hare show near Chicago. I call it "Sad wives at the model airplane show".

Even the chairs look folorn...

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Procopius said:

This is a picture I took last year at the IPMS-Butch O'Hare show near Chicago. I call it "Sad wives at the model airplane show"...

Ever caught a glimse of yourself in the mirror at a shoe-shop? It cuts both ways :sleeping:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

10671229_880811101943703_752620756233721

I've got pictures of SWMBO with a similar expression at various RAF Leuchars Air Shows!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Ever caught a glimse of yourself in the mirror at a shoe-shop? It cuts both ways :sleeping:

Mrs. P buys a new pair of flats once a year, so unfortunately only one of us has any ammunition.

• Like 5

I painted the canopy the interior colour, so we're one step closer. Since I had some paint in the colour cup left over, I sprayed all of the joins to see how well I'd blended them in, and...uh...not well, let's leave it at that. I then quick popped on Facebook and saw that my younger brother is liking racist memes, so clearly 2016 is an unrelenting banquet of shame and despair. 

However, all is not lost, as apparently my son is a Time Lord:

15032332_1335221476502661_24235447205473

"Someone's coming! Vardans!"

15107486_1335221516502657_76949965101134

• Like 16

He's a cracker isn't he.:thumbsup2:

Though that lad is really going to love you one day when you whip out the old "Family Photograph Album" at his 18th birthday/wedding/

first child's christening or WHY and say "Look at him when he was little"..................:wicked:

• Like 1