Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

Great work?'b seems like I've missed a lot. :blink: all caught up now. The wheel wells look great, and nice work with the subtle filler action, detail looks ace. It's going to turn out nice again.

I hope the boy is ok.

by the way, that pic of you watching Clint in the nud, was that a pigeon on the floor to the right? 

Take care dude.

Johnny seeing things again.:o

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I'm pretty sure that the figure on the left is actually Santa Claus 06/24. Are you sure you didn't buy the Father Christmas Assault Set by mistake?

So much much easier to paint than Woodland BDU! Thank you Baron!

46 minutes ago, Procopius said:

"Naughty son of a bitch!" [whoosh!]

Or alternately:

Santa is coming for you, Russki!

19 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's nearly that time of year.....

To sit down and re-watch Bad Santa!

Oh yes...

17 minutes ago, Procopius said:

It's a dove. My wife has six. 

Surely its "the dove" that loves you dearly more than its mama. Not "a dove"

• Like 2

Just now, 06/24 said:

Surely its "the dove" that loves you dearly more than its mama. Not "a dove"

Believe it or not, that's Red Dove, not Beck. 

The Doves:

1. Beck
  2. Red Dove
  3. Lina
  4. Baby
  5. Clio
  6. Cinnamon

The last four are diamond doves. Beck is a Eurasian Collared Dove. Red Dove is a Mourning Dove. The last-named suffered a stroke (really) a few years ago and required hundreds of dollars of medical care to be brought to the mental level of a normal dove that had just been stunned with a tack hammer. She was originially purchased for $8 from someone who sold doves as food for pet snakes. This is my life now.

• Like 10

Don't know if this will help....

Wikipedia says...

In general, the terms "dove" and "pigeon" are used somewhat interchangeably. Pigeon is a French word that derives from the Latin pipio, for a "peeping" chick,[1] while dove is a Germanic word that refers to the bird's diving flight.[2] In ornithological practice, "dove" tends to be used for smaller species and "pigeon" for larger ones, but this is in no way consistently applied, and historically, the common names for these birds involve a great deal of variation between the terms. The species most commonly referred to as "pigeon" is the rock dove, one subspecies of which, the domestic pigeon, is common in many cities as the feral pigeon. Pigeons and doves are likely the most common birds in the world.

• Like 4

Pigeons (the building-infesting variety) are known over here (by some people at least) variously as 'aerial rats' and vermin. Ugh. The native crested, Wonga and fig pigeons, however, are much more interesting and much less verminous than the common-or-building where's-my-shotty pigeon. Which reminds me of a neighbouring farmer once taking to a sparrow (also considered to be an aerial rodent) with a shotgun. There was a vaguely-defined cloud of feathery bits which rapidly dissipated.

Cheers,

Alex :sheep: <-- not a pigeon

Edited by AlexN
Essential linguistic and splelgni correkshuns
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Don't know if this will help....

Wikipedia says...

In general, the terms "dove" and "pigeon" are used somewhat interchangeably. Pigeon is a French word that derives from the Latin pipio, for a "peeping" chick,[1] while dove is a Germanic word that refers to the bird's diving flight.[2] In ornithological practice, "dove" tends to be used for smaller species and "pigeon" for larger ones, but this is in no way consistently applied, and historically, the common names for these birds involve a great deal of variation between the terms. The species most commonly referred to as "pigeon" is the rock dove, one subspecies of which, the domestic pigeon, is common in many cities as the feral pigeon. Pigeons and doves are likely the most common birds in the world.

But where do Partridge fit? :lol: - Don't answer that, it is my idea of a rhetorical joke.

Sky rats. <- what we call Pigeons. Mourning doves are apparently delicious (according to my mitochondria heavy gun-toting acquaintance). We get them in our backyard, as we back onto a ravine in a protected conservation area. We also get some wonderful birds of prey such as Red Tail hawks, Bald Eagles, Owls, and some small raptor which despite my ornithological interest escapes identification as it swoops upon said doves and devours on site. 

5 hours ago, Procopius said:

...The last-named suffered a stroke (really) a few years ago and required hundreds of dollars of medical care to be brought to the mental level of a normal dove that had just been stunned with a tack hammer. She was originially purchased for $8 from someone who sold doves as food for pet snakes. This is my life now.

I know. We had a cat who was behaviour deficient, and despite a lifetime of owning/loving cats I could not help him no matter what kind of money we threw at the Vet. He lives with our friend now and has ceased all untoward behaviour. I could have purchased an equivalent number to the US's current inventory of B-52s in 1/72 for what we spent on that little.... DID I mention he peed everywhere?

Interesting numbers, concerning Fencer payload Vs. contemporaries in the swing-wing category. I wonder if a Tomcat loaded with gravity weapons could best it in capacity.

Carry on PC, and kids will get hurt and toughen defiantly. Ours had a run in with the tile floor and now sports a purple splotch on her center forehead. We keep her cushioned for the most part but she finds a way...

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, modelglue said:

Interesting numbers, concerning Fencer payload Vs. contemporaries in the swing-wing category. I wonder if a Tomcat loaded with gravity weapons could best it in capacity.

Not quite, but close. 14,500 pounds of ordnance versus the FENCER's 18,000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Is there some modelling in about the chat (albeit entertaining) PC? 

No, none at all; I'd hoped to getaway with it, but I foundered on the rocks of your perspicacity. 

I did actually get the windscreen on t'other day, and I hope to get some more work done today, as I planned ahead and was working from home, on the assumption that 2016 has been appalling so far and been given little incentive to change. How right I wish I wasn't.

5 hours ago, amblypygid said:

Wish I were able to!

Well, in all seriousness, if anyone has a line on anything, let me know. I've wanted to be a Briton since I was a little boy, and conditions will never be better(?) for convincing Mrs. P to agree to it. Plus Winston can get a cute accent.

• Like 5

Keep calm - Build models.  :D

Meanwhile, maybe e-mail your CVs to some UK based companies..... I strongly suspect that you are 'expected'.  ;)

I'd recommend you watch Ken Loach's new movie "I Daniel Blake" together before you make any firm decisions though.  :mellow:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd recommend you watch Ken Loach's new movie "I Daniel Blake" before you make any decisions though.  :mellow:

Fortunately I don't exactly live in a Worker's Paradise. 

• Like 1

I'm absolutely confident that if you seriously wanted to do it, you would get all the help you could ever want.  :coolio:

UK house prices might come as something of a shock though.  :unsure:

On the bright side.....Dovecotes would probably be off the cards.  :wicked:

• Like 1