Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

7 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

What was the first? 

Just now, Blastvader said:

Indeed. Enquiring minds wish to know...

Some big UK news that hopefully will result only in good things in the long term. Like maybe me not having to throw myself in front of an express train because Scotland has left the Union.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Some big UK news that hopefully will result only in good things in the long term. Like maybe me not having to throw myself in front of an express train because Scotland has left the Union.

A High Court ruling by any chance?

Ah, thought it might be. Well, either that or you'd finally managed to convince Mrs. P to dress up like Queen Liz for you.

• Like 6

Just now, Blastvader said:

Ah, thought it might be. Well, either that or you'd finally managed to convince Mrs. P to dress up like Queen Liz for you.

Lese-majeste! Perish the thought. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Procopius said:

...please don't call me Eddie...

I cannot help but think of the Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy (original radio series, which was all the rage when I was a student), where the annoying ship's computer cries "Please call me Eddie if it will help you relax" just as the ship dives headlong into a planet.  I think he starts singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" shortly afterwards.  

Maybe you had to be there, but that series used to make me laugh uncontrollably!

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I cannot help but think of the Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy (original radio series, which was all the rage when I was a student), where the annoying ship's computer cries "Please call me Eddie if it will help you relax" just as the ship dives headlong into a planet.  I think he starts singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" shortly afterwards.  

Maybe you had to be there, but that series used to make me laugh uncontrollably!

Zaphod Beeblebrox: Computer, if you don't open that exit hatch pretty damn pronto, I shall go straight to your major data banks with a very large axe and give you a reprogramming you will never forget. Capisco?
[pause]
Zaphod Beeblebrox: Okay. Get the axe.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I still have it all on cassette tape.

"Pleased to be of service..."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CedB said:

It made the news on local radio here, mainly because 'the curse of the Billy Goat' has been lifted! Sport eh...

Curse of the Billy Goat is the name of my fantasy baseball team. Unlike the real Cubbies, I finished this season in 9th place (out of 14) but I was eligible for the Plastic Cup consolation round. I was immediately eliminated. :( 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Me too - though I think I subsequently went all modern and supplemented the tapes with CDs.

We used to convene in one room to listen to it on the radio at Durham (where I went to University).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Someone should do a Venn diagram of Britmodellers / Blackadder fans / Hitch-Hikers'.  Mind you, adjusted for age, I suspect it would be pretty much one big circle.

You can add Terry Pratchet to that mix too.

b7ecf94d3f.jpg

• Like 7

Durham? You could at least have  gone to a good University.

You know, like....

Bristol. :P

:mario::mario:

Durham is where the Pink Panther got his degree wasn't it?

Durham durham, durham, durhan durham durham durham, durhaaaaaaaaam, durham durham durham.

peepwall.gif

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Bristol wouldn't let me in to study, but Belfast did. That probably doesn't reflect well on my character....:huh:

I would have happily have gone to Queens but, sadly, they didn't offer the Degree I wished to read.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Someone should do a Venn diagram of Britmodellers / Blackadder fans / Hitch-Hikers'.  Mind you, adjusted for age, I suspect it would be pretty much one big circle.

I could never get into Hitch Hikers- book not tv.

The others - very much so.

HHGG? Listened to the radio and bought the tapes, read the books, watched TV and bought the videos and then the film. What's next?

• Like 1

The Bremaniacs ideas upon due processs is more likely to break the Eurpean Union than it is to preserve the Union PC.

How is it that an answer coming from Democracy and majority decision shoud be over-ruled?

Typical of the ideas that Federalisation should overcome those of Nation State that got us into this position in the first place.

• Like 1

First off, many thanks to @TheBaron for the incredible shirt he's sent me for Winston:

30764944945_7e8732b043_h.jpg20161103_174818 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Here you can see it adorn my Future World Leader. 

9 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

So in 1989, my younger brother was diagnosed with a neuroblastoma tumor at the base of his spinal cord, and the other three of us were all farmed out to friends of the family. I was assigned to the Muttons, who had come over from the UK to manage the Chicago Ritz-Carlton (my mom makes unique friends), and so Mrs Mutton basically ferried me around after I got out of school on the weekdays. I was about six at the time and kind of a weird kid already, and I suppose she sensed that, because she had the audiocassetes of the BBC Radio version of THHGTTG in her car, and my special treat (along with one Imperial pound of lemon-flavored Jolly Ranchers, a flavour now sadly in abeyance) was getting to listen to this as we tooled 'round the northern suburbs of Chicago. Pretty heady, and dare I say formative stuff for a six-year-old! 

9 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I certainly enjoy all three of those things! Though I found the end of Blackadder Goes Forth to be extremely poignant.

So, the Fencer!

I closed up the nose section, though a trifle inelegantly, and needed some filling, especially on the underside:

30764944325_c1c1897252_h.jpg20161103_213346 by Edward IX, on Flickr

30764944305_d3e5f0456c_h.jpg20161103_213353 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Think I must have slightly misaligned the parts:

30129526323_9724c0a45f_h.jpg20161103_213404 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Lightning F.3 for scale:

30764942435_cf7cca4e9f_h.jpg20161103_213554 by Edward IX, on Flickr

She's about as long as a Lancaster.

44 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

The Bremaniacs idea upon due processs is more likely to break the Eurpean Union than it is to preserve the Union PC.

How is it that an answer apart from Democracy and majority decision shoud be over-ruled?

Typical of the ideas that Federalisation succumb to those of Nation State that got us into this position in the first state.

I'm not sure I follow you. 

In any case, I apologize for bringing up UK politics, even if obliquely. The end of the United Kingdom would be beyond an existential crisis for me. 

• Like 14

Pop!

:popcorn: 

Late again, although I suspect that there are a lot of people here already who wish that I hadn't appeared at all. I shall content myself with adding the odd 'like' here and there (when the rice and mats have ground out some more on the BM mill) and not commenting. At all. For the entire thread - oh damn! Any further comments I mean, of course.

I think I'll just sit here and eat grass...

Looking good (as usual), what little that I have seen so far.

Cheers,

Alex :sheep: <-- munch munch munch

• Like 1

Nice job on those seams PC :)

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

Think I must have slightly misaligned the parts

I think they're aligned as best you could - looks like the parts are different thicknesses to me - tricky.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

The Bremaniacs ideas upon due processs is more likely to break the Eurpean Union than it is to preserve the Union PC.

How is it that an answer coming from Democracy and majority decision shoud be over-ruled?

Typical of the ideas that Federalisation should overcome those of Nation State that got us into this position in the first place.

I think we'd all better steer clear of the politics, don't you?  If nothing else, the period leading up to and since the referendum has demonstrated without doubt that the country is deeply divided.  BM is a haven from the vicious, bilious exchanges (of which all sides are equally guilty) everywhere else.

[I profoundly disagree with your post, but we are online mates and lets keep it that way!]

• Like 9

To change the subject then,

I like that this thread seems to keep

going 24 hours a day. GB, Oz & USA

looking at it around the clock!

Just saw Chicago on the travel channel.

An advert for the Chicago Hilton actually.

The food looks nice but is 'new age' half

a plate done up pretty. Nothing like the

full English breakfast I had in a café today!

The bar, 'Maggie O'Shea's' serves Guinness

I note, so all is not that bad over there.

I'd also forgotten that Chicago is on the shore

of lake Michigan, nice when the sun shines I suspect.

• Like 2