Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

9 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Excellent! I have a large bottle of it, of course (dangerously close in size and shape to a half-liter bottle of cola, as I almost discovered the hard way once), and make look into that, as Akan's regular acrylics have a surprisingly weak grip at times...a little like Xtracrylics, which I gather also work well with Mr Color, the God-King of thinners.

I find there's little it can't do (it's probably good a reet hard sums and everything). It I both an excellent thinner for all manners and manufacturers of paints and an excellent way of killing off a few extraneous brain cells. Or at least enough for me, for a few sweet moments, to forget the crushing misery of Thatcher's Britain 2: Brexit Boogaloo for a few moments when I've forgotten to apply the ol' respirator.

god%20king_zpskj4ywdj3.png

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Procopius said:

If I say "shoot" while in the camera app, my phone will take a photo, so I can use it hands-limited, at least.

Plus you get to re-live a vital scene in Sink The Bismarck each time.  Bonus.  I trust you say "shoot" in an archetypal 1940s RN Gunnery Officer clipped accent.  

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Plus you get to re-live a vital scene in Sink The Bismarck each time.  Bonus.  I trust you say "shoot" in an archetypal 1940s RN Gunnery Officer clipped accent.  

You'd better believe it! 

@Blastvader -- sympathy like. 2016 is like a desperately unwanted gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Procopius said:

Anyway, I got some more done on the Su-24, but first I had to take Winston trick-or-treating.

Winston, flying the best of all flags, albeit bashfully:

30666251056_89c148df99_h.jpg2016-10-31_05-32-24 by Edward

30666252136_ba19fbef33_h.jpg20161031_161306 by Edward IX, on Flickr

30666252716_3720caceb7_h.jpg20161031_161310 by Edward IX, on Flickr

The pumpkin costume was not my first choice.

Then after dodging Mrs P and watching Heartbreak Ridge:

30068955243_f289f9a752_h.jpg20161031_195336 by Edward IX, on Flickr

I thought in the first pic he's having a go at playing "Jerusalem"on the flag tube.

Pic 2 is like"Hoo-hoo,look at this lot,I need one of those"

Pic 3 is "And into me stash for later"

Pic 4,No,no.no.I know that glare,it's not a good glare,it's not a "You relax,watch the film and have a beer" type glare.

That is a "See this dustpan and brush?,I'm going to belt you around the ear-hole with one and shove the other where the

sun never shines.Most robustly"type glare

Exit stage left clutching pile of attire.Very,very quickly me thinks Edwid.

Edit note.

After studying the last pic,I do believe that Ced is bang on with his observation.

It really does look like you've shucked your duds and are watching the telly in the buff.

Dustpan and brush.Hard glare.Push.Shove.Vulgaris.Pain.Much discomfort.

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Miggers said:

Pic 4,No,no.no.I know that glare,it's not a good glare,it's not a "You relax,watch the film and have a beer" type glare.

That is a "See this dustpan and brush?,I'm going to belt you around the ear-hole with one and shove the other where the

sun never shines.Most robustly"type glare

Exit stage left clutching pile of attire.Very,very quickly me thinks Edwid.

I'm loving Mrs PC already. ;)

I have a skillet, specifically "The Battle of Ballymurphy Memorial Skillet" that I inherited fom my Gran. It's the perfect tool for encouraging recalcitrant, lazy, people males.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

I'm loving Mrs PC already. ;)

I have a skillet, specifically "The Battle of Ballymurphy Memorial Skillet" that I inherited fom my Gran. It's the perfect tool for encouraging recalcitrant, lazy, people males.

Pan.Heft.Swing.Contact."BONG".Much Vulgaris.Stars and much pain.

• Like 6

Sorry for no updates, chaps, I've come down with a spot of the man-flu, as has Winston. As you all know -- except Debs, p'raps -- this is hundreds of times more debilitating than giving birth, or even the torture of attempted regicide Robert-Fancois Damiens. On the plus side, I've slept more in the past 24 hours than I did in the preceding 72. Winston, not so much. The poor little guy is not enjoying post-nasal drip or his cough; last night I sat in the bathroom with him with the shower running so he could breath in the steam a bit. He seems better today, sprinting around and dripping snot on anything he can get his fat little hands on.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ascoteer said:

Hot Toddy:

2 fingers Bushmills

Good spash lemon joice

Top up with boliing water

Sugar to taste

Robert's yer Ma's brother!

If yon cold's a bad one then the Black Bush. But what is this? No cloves spiked into that lemon Lavery's-style? And you an Ulsterwoman. Shocked so I am.

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Debs, your nan and my great-nan sound like two peas from a pod!  ;)

One day I may tell the story of the Battle of Ballymurphy, my Gran, and how she took on the RUC and the Royal British Army with the Memorial Skillet

• Like 3

A Su-24? Cracking choice PC. Although if I had a lass who looked like Mrs. PC I'd not be showing much progress updates either...

• Like 1

My father used to have terrible asthma as a boy in the 1950s and 1960s, and my grandfather Eddie (my namesake, but please don't call me Eddie) used to sit him in the bathroom with the shower on and make him drink a jigger of whiskey to help him breathe. But me? Oh noooooo. I had to have allergy shots.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Navy Bird said:

Yes, but look at the man you've become.   :)

I did fix the kitchen turntable we keep pots and pans on today, to the immense surprise of my mother in law, who I interrupted loudly declaiming that its collapse wasn't her fault to let her know I'd fixed it. So at the moment, I've become a rather placidly smug man.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I did fix the kitchen turntable we keep pots and pans on today, to the immense surprise of my mother in law, who I interrupted loudly declaiming that its collapse wasn't her fault to let her know I'd fixed it. So at the moment, I've become a rather placidly smug man.

As it should be.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Mothers in Law are always disappointed by their daughters choices and always surprised by their achievements. Or is it just me?

Mine breaks things too. Such is life...

• Like 3

I once came home from work to find the MiL using our very best carving knife (given to me by our next door neighbour, who was a meat inspector in the local abbotoir - it was a very good knife indeed) to open a coconut.

My flabber was well and truly ghasted.

• Like 5

For those of you wondering, the Chicago Cubs managed to come back from a 3-game deficit in a best-of-seven-games series to win the World Series for the first time since 1908, which is the second-best piece of news I woke up to.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

For those of you wondering, the Chicago Cubs managed to come back from a 3-game deficit in a best-of-seven-games series to win the World Series for the first time since 1908, which is the second-best piece of news I woke up to.

What was the first?