Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

3 hours ago, Jessica said:

There, see? It was full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. And now you've broadened your horizons and exercised newer skills :) You progress, young padawan.

It's like an entire forum filled with my dad, if my dad built models or had the slightest interest in anything I did. I...I'm tearing up. 

Anyway, painted all the remaining white bits, need to gloss them, paint two grey pylons, alclad some metallic landing gear bits, and weather it. Good thing I'm working from home tomorrow.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jessica said:

I'll volunteer to be your mum instead. I don't really qualify to be a dad...

Fair, but my mum's pretty neurotic. (That's where I get it from.)

• Like 1

Oh well, if you were at WORK!

S'looking admirable already, soon knock that into shape

Err, how about if I take the 'slightly irritating older bruvver' slot?

I'm not up for the patriarchal edifice/niche ta

;)

• Like 2

Looks good to me PC - good job! That said, you have to be happy with it or it'll play on your mind I'll bet.

Happy to take an Uncle spot if we're forming a family group :) 

• Like 3

I volunteer for the rôle of older and slightly eccentric brother about whom the family seldom speak because of his somewhat outré political views.

You see, now you have acquired an entire loony family, and all because you procrastinated about scratch building a nosewheel ice-scraper johnson.

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 5

Home stretch:

31673995511_35bb5ec563_h.jpg20161221_144835 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Though not designed to go on closed (although Fencers almost always have the gear bays buttoned up on the ground, with some coaxing, they can be made to fit the real way:

31753186816_5a7c94f837_h.jpg20161221_143523 by Edward IX, on Flickr

31790472185_a67297371a_h.jpg20161221_143525 by Edward IX, on Flickr

The photos conceal some of the flaws. Fine by me. 

30949520794_f9d7df3fa1_h.jpg20161221_143530 by Edward IX, on Flickr

The bombs are added, but need a dullcoat and maybe a wash. Russian KAB-500Ls I've seen photos of seem far less weathered than NATO smart bombs.

31753185366_1f2e4eee5d_h.jpg20161221_144433 by Edward IX, on Flickr

31753183646_18ace5e9bb_h.jpg20161221_144845 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Still need to do the wing tanks, and finish up any underside weathering I care to do. But I can claim this done as 2016 build in good conscience, I think.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Procopius said:

You're all Marcia to me.

She has an incredibly pyramidal nose in that photo. I'm guessing that if she lay out flat on a sunny day you use her as a sundial.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheBaron said:

She has an incredibly pyramidal nose in that photo. I'm guessing that if she lay out flat on a sunny day you use her as a sundial.

It says something really great about you that this is where you mind goes at the thought of Marcia Brady laid out flat.

• Like 9

Great work PC. The guard worked out and the canopy in that first of the last bunch of pics looks Ace, but nothing is as sublime as in that same first shot a peg holding a peg holding a cocktail stick holding a missile. Wow! 

:king: 

johnny.

30 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Great work PC. The guard worked out and the canopy in that first of the last bunch of pics looks Ace, but nothing is as sublime as in that same first shot a peg holding a peg holding a cocktail stick holding a missile. Wow! 

:king: 

johnny.

They call me "Two-Pegs" Procopius.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Looks like a 2016 completion to me. Now you can go and relax with the family :) :whistle: 

Does that mean he has to stay online? From what I read here earlier we are his family....  (I'm probably the guy who is the friend of some far off cousin you only meet at grandma's birthday and who never says much, but when he says something, it is a pit painful... Well, I can only say: it's, nice to be yourself!... although... oh, nevermind )

But I do agree that the Fencer looks finished, and it is a wonderful job. Very well done, sir.

(although now I do fancy a go at a soviet jet myself now. They are nice looking models, aren't they? Just what I need, another vista of modelling opportunities opening up)

Edited by Dorbeck
  • Like 3

I was looking forward to seeing the masking coming off of the clear screens and it most certainly looks brilliant!

Great work indeed. This thread has incubated some sort of weird desire to build one of these as well, which is quite weird as I had no interest in this type before.

With an extended family like the one "appearing" from the swamp mists of BM, I'd be quite concerned...!:lol:

• Like 2