Восток — дело тонкое (1/72 Trumpeter Su-24M FENCER-D)

I;m sorry chaps and chapettes.... Next to the wonderful build, I just can't seem to shake of my mental picture of the BM-procopius family.... I don't know much about the Brady bunch, but this comment from Debs

12 hours ago, Ascoteer said:

I'll take the 'slightly mad maiden aunt who regularly gets pished on Bushmills' slot.

and the knowledge she's from Ulster seems to have triggered my fantasy... Debs, may I see you as a kind of female father Jack from the Father Ted series? And if so, isn't it quite believeable that there is room for modellers in onesies, modellers that face existential crises over an only in his eyes not perfect mudguard, while at the same time there are those who are like father Dougal and glue propelllors on the canopies of spitfires and happily exclaim: "Now its a helicopter!!!!" (that'll be me.... I confess)

Oh well, it's a special, but happy bunch, right??? Which doesn't kick anyone out, right???... please???

Edited by Dorbeck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ascoteer said:

Reaches fer her Skillett...

Oh no-no.... this is what I was afraid of....

Dear Miss,

no no no no no, please don't reach for your skillet . i apologize. It is all completely my fault and mistake.Everything is... you name it, i've done it...  My sick mind (men eh, pffffff) melting images of a  "slightly mad maiden aunt who regularly gets pished on Bushmills' slot". with an iIrish priest in a TV-show.... it's just sick!!!

of course you are better looking, taller, smarter and in no way comparable to the obnoxious father Jack character. I  must confess that your stories are very worthwhile. (be it of motorbikes, cars or RAF-adventures.. Honestly, I love to read your tales. Although they make me feel a bit sad that I haven't experienced those kind of adventures, I really like to read about them) And on top of that, your modeling skills are formidable! No joke here....

So please, spare me.... I have a son (aka don't do my ex-wife a pleasure). I will refrain from any slanderous comment from now on....

your humble servant, taking a deep bow.... Have I've said sorry already?

(please Edward, post a picture of the wonderful Winston or something like that... That mudguard again, it looks great!.... or stencils?.... help! )

oh well, let's be honest. I know the small strip of North sea isn't gonna protect me...  you fly planes, and probably outdrive and outrun me, even if your on heels, and my only rescue could be swimming away from you (although  I can't do that for long.... }

So you're a mix of Mad Max and James Bond.... although I must confess: what really  scared me, is your earlier matter of fact comment about kneecaps, shoot them from the front or the back, what is most damaging???... it was quite to the point and matter of fact , but how the f^^k do you know that kind of thing?....so, i sure as hell hope i don't offend you. My best friend is married to an Irish woman, and a redhead too. She is the most friendly person in the world, but if somethimg grates her... you better take cover...  Best to apologize to you again!!!! ;)

Edited by Dorbeck
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Very nice Fencer! A bit of an odd choice, but I suppose we all have irrationally favoured Russian Jets (mine is the Su-15).

Regards,

Adrian

Mine is the Mig 19. It's like an F-100, but cooler. 

BTW, great work on the Fencer!  What's next? 

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

Y'all do know that's Jan not Marsha right? The middle sister. 

I always preferred Jan myself.  I like my women odd.

On our first date, Mrs P (who I'd had a crush on from afar for fifteen years at that point) broke the ice with a pretty brutal dead baby joke. I hear you, brother.

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Very nice Fencer! A bit of an odd choice, but I suppose we all have irrationally favoured Russian Jets (mine is the Su-15).

Mine is the Mig 19. It's like an F-100, but cooler. 

I have both in the stash (Amodel and Bilek, respectively). Also several Esci F-100s, as I can vividly recall my cousin building one in around 1989-1991 and thinking it was the coolest thing on earth. Still a great-looking kit.

BTW, great work on the Fencer!  What's next? 

I'm up in Empire, Michigan now (way less cool than the name might suggest), so once I get home in ten days or so, I hope to finish the drop tanks and weathering, and then...I hate to commit to anything in advance, since I'm so capricious. Nobody gets me. I'm the wind.

That said, I'm thinking either the B-24H as the plane my great uncle flew on D-Day:

Consolidated (Ford) B-24H-25-FO Liberator 42-95173 "SKY CHIEF"

The new AZ Martin-Baker MB5,

or Spitfires. 

• Like 12

Great work on the Fencer PC. And you can put me down for the slightly dotty Great Uncle who keeps turning up to family gatherings (weddings & funerals a speciality) that nobody can remember 1) inviting to the do & 2) just how or who he's related to.

Favourite Russian Jet? Love the Su27 but I've a space in my heart for the dear old Frogfoot.

The B24H looks good.

Edited by Harley John
misspelling
  • Like 2

Spitfires with glued on canopy props?

cooooooooooooolllll

:whistle:

Is that B24 the actual one he flew in or are we receiving slightly dodgy data?

At Christmas of course slightly dodgy is de rigeur amongst some members of my clan

Not, I hasten to add vehemently, me of course

Pillar of rectitude me, honest guv

Have yourself a great time PC, you deserve it after being savaged bu young Winnie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Is that B24 the actual one he flew in or are we receiving slightly dodgy data?

One of several his crew flew in (he was the pilot). That's the one he flew on 6 June 1944. 

• Like 10

Crow is my hero, and I think probably closest to my personality (except that unlike Crow, I'm very shy). I brought all my MST3K up with me to watch while I'm here -- think I may do Master Ninja I and II as a double feature tomorrow.

• Like 3

Have an extra 'like' for the Tom Servo link (and I'm not sure if I am proud of the fact I knew the quote in question without clicking on the link, but it is one of my [many] favourites)... 

Hope me you and the family have a great Christmas in the chill northern wastes. We've headed north as well, but only as far as Aberdeen which manages to be both wild and civilised at the same time... take it easy mate,

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 6

I'm cautiously optimistic about the reboot of MST3K.  It's got really funny people involved,  so here's hoping it's good. 

I think I'll copy your idea and do a Zombie Nightmare and Prince of Space double feature. And if I can make the time, the Deadly Mantis for some 50s jet fighters stock footage fun.

I'll leave you with this:

• Like 3

Has got be the big winged aloominum bird Ed

The Lib has always been my best favourite ever US big bird, I think you'd make great job

Cmon its family history, our new family for some of us

Merry C Ed, Mrs Ed and Winnie the lad

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

The Lib has always been my best favourite ever US big bird, I think you'd make great job

What he said 😀

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, perdu said:

Double what he said.

From the paint spraying solitary nomad who's supposed to be a bit of a funny fluffer(sounds like fluffer).

It's the fumes I breath you see...................:frantic:

Fencington really does look good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, perdu said:

What he said 😀

• Like 2

I'm with the B24 as well. Where was your Great Uncle based? Norwich Library has the 2nd Air Division Memorial Library. Well worth a visit and they have an online archive www.2ndair.org.uk/digitalarchive as well.

What kit are you going to use if you do go for the Liberator.

And merry Christmas to you, Mrs P & Winnie

9 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

We've headed north as well, but only as far as Aberdeen which manages to be both wild and civilised at the same time... take it easy mate,

Cheers,

Stew

Genteel I believe is the term for Aberdeen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harley John said:

Where was your Great Uncle based?

Old Buckenham, with the 734th BS/453rd BG. Same group as Jimmy Stewart, the actor. (I'm not mentioning my uncle's name here since I know his sons get a google alert for it in conjunction with B-24s, and, more prosaically, because although it's different from mine, I had a stalker throughout much of the last decade and she knew many details of my family life -- I rate it a remote chance she'd find me, but I would hate to be wrong).

Here he is with his crew in front of another B-24 he flew:

HOO-JIVE1.JPG

He's kneeling, second from the right. He married my grandfather's sister and they had twelve children after the war, but he died quite young; cancer. 

• Like 11