Video: How to Apply Zimmerit

Jerry V

I responded on how to apply zim' in another topic.  This might be posted elsewhere but figured I'd add it here for those interested.  Check out YouTube for this video from Salisbury Model Centre.

They use 'No More Nails' acrylic adhesive.  I have used it a few times - works great and easy to do.  It goes on like the real thing and looks very realistic.  This product is easy to find in North America and, I believe,  in Europe as well.

Edited by Jerry V
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, adt70hk said:

Indeed it does.  I've seen a few including using wood filler but this seems the easiest yet.

Thanks again.

Andrew

My mate did this on his Tiger I a couple of months ago, looked really effective, and if your careful its easy enough to add in battle damage too, the drama you may have is finding something small enough to use as a tool for braille scale.... Junior hack saw blade maybe??.... Perhaps a razor saw even??

ATB

Sean

• Like 1

An excellent video about a tricky subject! I have a Hobbyboss 1/16th scale Tiger 1 that this technique would work a treat on. I've have been wondering about how to do the Zim' on it for a while now. 

Thanks very much for sharing with us. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

3 hours ago, vindicareassassin said:

My mate did this on his Tiger I a couple of months ago, looked really effective, and if your careful its easy enough to add in battle damage too, the drama you may have is finding something small enough to use as a tool for braille scale.... Junior hack saw blade maybe??.... Perhaps a razor saw even??

ATB

Sean

Sean

Long time no 'speak'.. :;

Glad to hear it worked well.  As you say just need to find the right tool for the job.

Take care.

Andrew

I build 1/48 and 1/35 so, works great for me.  Random pieces of masking tape to add damage or use a small chisel after dry (masking tape is easiest). 

Edited by Jerry V