Protocol, Gonk & Mouse droids

17 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Here's a thought...

Coffee cup rings on the top?

No!!  Coffee cup holders on the side and a tray on top for cake and biscuits!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Coffee cup rings on the top?

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

No!!  Coffee cup holders on the side and a tray on top for cake and biscuits!

If I'd not taken the final photos, I'd have added one or other of them. I've got a left over astromech to build, which will be finished in a similar style to this lot so he might get a retrofitted cup holder.

So, I'm going to call the Gonk (and Nigel) finished, unless I do add a cup stain later. The Gonk's had a dusty over-spray on his legs and lower body followed by some splattering with one of the new AMMO mud and splash washes. He's also had some further grime added and some pigments here and there to add to the dusty look.

Nigel's had the same dust/dirt washes and pigments on his lower body

30796564914_3e63aa8038_b.jpg

31265793290_5ff7dce0a3_b.jpg

I'll post the finished shots in RFI shortly. Thanks to everyone for following this extended droid build, and for all the ideas and suggestions, especially to Sarge for coming up with the names.

Andy

• Like 8

Awesome stuff Andy. Nigels come up a treat as well.

I've gotta ask. How the hell did you get that paint blister look on the leading top edges ? It's like paint chipping, but it hasn't chipped off yet. I guess it's a technique that must have some sort of name.

• Like 1

Looking amazing Andy!  :thumbsup:

Have to say, I really like Pete's idea of putting some cup stains on the top.....I could easily imagine a dead Gonk making a nice bar table in a seedy starport saloon, he was warned at the door "Your kind ain't welcome here!"  but he just had to come in! :fight:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Portaler said:

I've gotta ask. How the hell did you get that paint blister look on the leading top edges ? It's like paint chipping, but it hasn't chipped off yet. I guess it's a technique that must have some sort of name.

It's just regular hairspray chipping, but I'd hacked some dents into the body before painting, so the paint tended to stay in the dents while doing the chipping.

Andy

• Like 1