1/144 FGR2 92 sqn

Hi

i haven't posted very often (my apologies) but wanted to try and be a better britmodeller, so thought I would share my last finished kit.

its the 1/144 Platz f-4j which I fully intended to do as the Jolly Rogers version OOB, but once it was together and undercoated I thought it would look so much better as an RAF one I kind of changed my mind. Now I know it's not quite right and I should have removed bumps from the wings and the fuselage isn't as it should be, but I can live with it in this scale ( my prefered scale anyway).

i did cut the cans down and add an RWR. I also used the 1/144 hunter and tornado decal sheets from xtradecal.

Hope you like it, apologies to all the phantom purists :).

IMG_0920_zpsj8iyknt9.jpg

IMG_0923_zpsfmqvn1cz.jpg

IMG_0922_zps84leatlz.jpg

IMG_0919_zpsjjb00v5w.jpg

IMG_0921_zpseqwm6y7i.jpg

• Like 9

Hello,Tim -.Certainly no need to apologise to this Phantom Phanatic! My full compliments to you on a fine looking build of your '92 Sqn.Phantom'.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work.All this in 1/144 scale too.She looks the part to me.Well done,That Man! 😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool work!

What is the standard kit like shape wise? I've had some Phantoms in this scale that didn't look quite right.