• Matchbox II
    • Radial Engines Rock
    • The Duel
    • Racing
    • Dassault Mirage
    • None in this group

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

How come 'Dassault Mirage' isn't classed as a STGB.....It's not exactly massively broad in scope is it? :shrug:

Mirage III, Mirage IV; Mirage 5, Mirage 50, Mirage F.1, Mirage 2000, IAI Finger, IAI Nesher, IAI Dagger, IAI Kfir, Cheetah, Pantera are all different types - STGB's are reserved for one type (hence the S for Single), these are more than just different marks of Mirage, they're different types altogether - so it is massively broad in scope :D

• Like 2

Oh come on.....We get SIX GBs, to cater to the whole membership of BM and you think that one qualifies as having scope?  Which version should the AFV modellers build?  How about the sci-fi and ship modellers?  :shrug:

Utterly ridiculous!  :doh:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pin said:

Update. It seems I can re-vote. I checked that the number of "voted members" does not change, so this does not seem like a voting engine abuse :)

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Ah yes! Click the 'show vote options' button, but make sure you make a note of your 'old' votes first! :)

Thanks, Pin and CedB.   We're still working out some of the quirks in the new software.

Earlier I set up an dummy poll on the test forum and tried to abuse it. No matter how many times you vote again, the system will only deal with your latest votes.

So...   the tactical re-voting option is back on! :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Oh come on.....We get SIX GBs, to cater to the whole membership of BM and you think that one qualifies as having scope?  Which version should the AFV modellers build?  How about the sci-fi and ship modellers?  :shrug:

The way I see it, the AFV modeller could enter into the South East Asian Campaign of WW2, Big Screen Little Screen, Made in Britain - the sequel, From Russia with Love, 70's NATO vs Warsaw Pact, Non-Injection Moulded II - Return of the Blob, ANZAC, Prototypes etc, Spanish Civil War, Afghanistan, Nose Art, Nordic Countries, Matchbox II and Radial Engines Rock GB's.

Ship modellers could enter in Maritime Patrol, South East Asian Campaign of WW2, Big Screen Little Screen, Made in Britain - the sequel, From Russia with Love, 70's NATO vs Warsaw Pact, Non-Injection Moulded II - Return of the Blob, Prototypes etc, Spanish Civil War, Nordic Countries, Matchbox II GB's.

Space/Sci-Fi Modellers could enter in Big Screen Little Screen (made for 'em really), Made in Britain - the sequel, From Russia with Love, Non-Injection Moulded II - Return of the Blob, Prototypes, World Firsts and Record Breakers GB's.

Strikes me there's plenty of room for everybody - the only limit is your imagination.  For instance if the Mirage GB (my personal favourite), didn't make the cut I reckon I could get one into the Big Screen, Little Screen GB, 70's NATO vs Warsaw Pact, Silver and Gold NMF and Matchbox GB's - plenty of choice for me.

I think this years choices are the most inclusive we've had for a long time.

AFV's can get into radial Engine GB as well.

arrr that's a relief that we can re-vote......strategic voting has always made the polling even more interesting!

It's a shame some of the more "interesting period" GB's won't make it across the line, but I guess the builds for these could fall into other categories!

Sadly again the Whiffy crowd, who I'm proud to be a member of, will miss out again....... :crying:

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Here's the Bull2000 for you AFV builders.

rdn_4de6fc70d5b2d-741264.jpg

And for you ship modellers, a secret (well, no more...) submarine prototype from the Greek Navy, preparing to dive.

f153f0e686f82f5b74f5b0112a39f631.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I still fail to see how this is significantly different from the M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB?  :rolleyes:

Which is precisely why you need to join the Dassault Mirage GB in 2017! :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Wez said:

Strikes me there's plenty of room for everybody - the only limit is your imagination. 

For me, the only limit is my stash. ^_^

The poll, well, it is what is.  Britmodeller does have a heavy presence of aircraft modelers, and this is reflected in the choices.  Don't really know for certain what I'll be building and under which banner, until votes are counted. 

regards,

Jack

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I still fail to see how this is significantly different from the M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB?  :rolleyes:

Another try.

Point out what's common between those three aircrafts (Appart Being French and build by Dassault).

Mirage3C_1983_10-LL_jy.jpg

mirage_IV_ch61_bi36_4.jpg

Mirage-F1CR_Captieux_Photo1.jpg

If you can't see the major differences between all three concept, then there's still a solution for you.

505cdc14-953e-11e2-9d2d-5db5c3a3f8b8-493

And by the way, we've been discussing this for some months already.

Now it's poll time.

;)

5 hours ago, Antoine said:

Another try.

Point out what's common between those three aircrafts (Appart Being French and build by Dassault).

I will play, sorry ;)

all (those 3...) are Atar-9 powered  ....

in seriousness, Mirage is NOT a type, it is a name given to various types for marketing reasons... many people thing the 2000 is an upgraded III ... :(

maybe the should have kept on doing this and call Rafale the Mirage XX ;)

I think a little bit of the idea that the Dassault Mirage GB could be seen as a STGB is that it's only covering a group of particular aircraft produced by Dassault, namely the Mirage family. Rather than including all the different aircraft Dassault has produced over the years.

It's sort of like having a North American GB for Prop aircraft only, it meets the GB criteria but it could be seen by some as almost an STGB.......ok I'm stretching with that example, but you get the gist.

That said this GB dos meet all the criteria for a GB and looks like it'll be a goer for next year.

Actually it's a shame it hadn't been extended to cover the Dassault family as there are some really interesting aircraft in that lot...Etendard's, Alpha jets, Mystere's, Antlantic's and you can't forget the Rafale, plus for the civilian guys the Falcons. I don't know if that was broached in the initial posts in the thread or not.

That Greek Navy Submersible Mirage 2000 looks to be the go, I've got a 2000 in the stash.......would it be classed as a Whif if I build one with torpedoes?   :D

Another consideration for the Mirage being a GB rather than STGB is the inclusion of the Kfir.  While it was based on a Mirage 5, it didn't really have anything to do with Dassault apart from Israeli spies breaking into their offices to have a look at the plans I presume :D

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

That Greek Navy Submersible Mirage 2000 looks to be the go, I've got a 2000 in the stash.......would it be classed as a Whif if I build one with torpedoes?   :D

Yes! But you've also the Exocet option.

6 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Another consideration for the Mirage being a GB rather than STGB is the inclusion of the Kfir.  While it was based on a Mirage 5, it didn't really have anything to do with Dassault apart from Israeli spies breaking into their offices to have a look at the plans I presume :D

Obivously, you've missed some important parts of the story....

41 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

None of these posts display the slightest consideration for modellers interested in other categories.....It's utterly thoughtless & selfish IMHO.  :mellow:

there are several more GB ideas up for vote dedicated to aircraft only.... it is not only Mirages...