• Nordic countries
    • Matchbox II
    • Radial Engines Rock
    • The Duel
    • Racing
    • Dassault Mirage
    • None in this group

This poll is closed to new votes

4 GB's at once is a good soul building exercise.....plus it's good for those of use who want to loose weight! :whistle:  You're just so busy building you have no time for food, come the end of your "English Summer" :rofl:, you'll all be trim taught & terrific!  :P

...time to leave... :coat::door:

22 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I know that there is some overlap with various GBs, but that will happen no matter what we do.  It's part and parcel of having 11 GBs and 8 STGBs in a year.

We can reduce the number of GBs next year to minimise the chances of this happening.  However, seeing as we are always under pressure to have more GBs, I don't think that will be a popular move.

Perhaps rather than reduce we can combine? So for instance the F-111 STGB has a certain amount of overlap with the 70's NATO Vs Warsaw Pact GB as does the From Russia With Love GB and Made in Britain GB; if we have them organised at such time as to allow a degree of overlap and thus create a composite GB it may be a way to expand our options.

Edited by Col.

I don't think reducing the number of GB's is the answer, it's good to have choices.  The problem is when your favourite subjects are slotted during the same period on the calendar, and that is a problem mainly because of the short build spans - well at least for those of us that don't pump out a finished product every few weeks.

What about considering at least a six month period for those themes that have greater scope of subjects?    At least that way when an overlap occurs, one can devote 3 months to one, followed with three to the other?

regards,

Jack

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Perhaps rather than reduce we can combine? 

That has actually happened...   The Mosquito STGB and De Havilland GB were running concurrently.  All five co-hosts got together and combined it into one.  They're all very excited about it and - to be honest - so am I. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That has actually happened...   The Mosquito STGB and De Havilland GB were running concurrently.  All five co-hosts got together and combined it into one.  They're all very excited about it and - to be honest - so am I. 

Yes Enzo I know, I'm one of them, which is what inspired my suggestion ;) 

1 hour ago, JackG said:

What about considering at least a six month period for those themes that have greater scope of subjects?    At least that way when an overlap occurs, one can devote 3 months to one, followed with three to the other

This one would work best for me.  Reducing the number of GBs or shuffling them around wouldn't work because I have several kits for almost every GB in 2017 and would participate in everyone if I could.

Cheers

Jaime