The Storm From The East.

Ozzy

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Great job Ozzy :thumbsup2:...

Thanks Vince,

it it was a really enjoyable build, I definitely pushed myself to use techniques. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carts said:

Thought i was having a "Battlefield 1942" flashback then! Excellent and evocative diorama.

Thanks Carts,

i think it's some of my best work to date, the black and white photos definitely transport you back to the 1940's.

10 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Brilliant work!

Really tells a story

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave,

ive been planning this dio for about 2 years, as it didn't get through the GB voting in 2014. 

A really atmospheric dio Ozzy.  A lot of work has gone into that.  I like the crushed m/cycle combo !  What did you use the snow effect? which is done just right and not overdone :goodjob:

BillyD

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billydick said:

A really atmospheric dio Ozzy.  A lot of work has gone into that.  I like the crushed m/cycle combo !  What did you use the snow effect? which is done just right and not overdone :goodjob:

BillyD

Thanks Billy,

for the snow, I've got a big pot of woodland scenics snow SN140. I went for the spring look with the snow thawing and mud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeeCarey74 said:

That's an excellent diorama with lots of nice details. Well done.

Thanks LeeCarey74,

it was an excuse to watch lots of war films for reference purposes, that's what I told the wife anyway.

• Like 2

That really is a brilliant diorama Ozzy. You have managed to recreate a real sense of the action and the time period. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is a brilliant diorama Ozzy. You have managed to recreate a real sense of the action and the time period. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

it sits pride of place in the War Office, having been on the drawing board since 2014 I had a lot of planning time. I pushed myself to try some new techniques, as only my 3rd GB and first in my comfort zone I was really flabbergasted to come joint second with you.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy,

I could have sworn I'd commented on this dio a while back... but maybe my comment didn't get through the rather dodgy Ethernet we have here. So, I'll say again, that's a grand job. I can't fault it. Maybe I said all this in a WIP? I dunno.

BTW, I have a MiniArt 'Ruined Village House' (I think that's what it's called) and I see you used a MiniArt factory building. Now, is it just me or do you think that MiniArt doorways are rather tall? I'm not sure wether the doors are too tall, or my figures are too short (supposedly a common fault with Tamiya figures)

Clarification/yours and other people's thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Ozzy,

I could have sworn I'd commented on this dio a while back... but maybe my comment didn't get through the rather dodgy Ethernet we have here. So, I'll say again, that's a grand job. I can't fault it. Maybe I said all this in a WIP? I dunno.

BTW, I have a MiniArt 'Ruined Village House' (I think that's what it's called) and I see you used a MiniArt factory building. Now, is it just me or do you think that MiniArt doorways are rather tall? I'm not sure wether the doors are too tall, or my figures are too short (supposedly a common fault with Tamiya figures)

Clarification/yours and other people's thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

i built it as part of the Eastern Front (Great Patriotic War) GB, a really enjoyable build throughout. I've got to agree with you in regards to the size of the doors, they do seem slightly large I've made a couple of buildings from miniart and just thought it was the European style of bigger door ways? I looked this morning the Dragon figures are a little small also.