1/72 IAF Kfir by Hasegawa

Hello everyone. This is one of the three models I've done since my last WIP. I really like this jet because it shows how Israel was so willing to have jets that they made them themselves.

The body was painted with Mr Color Lacquer paints well diluted and mixed with retarder. The camouflage was painted with the assistance of liquid latex. I only had a few mistakes, most noticeably the left number decal on the fin and a few few bubbles on the bottom. The front antennae broke in two parts when the model slid off my hand while holding it too gently w/o gloves.

CIMG2874.jpg

CIMG2875.jpg

CIMG2877.jpg

CIMG2878.jpg

CIMG2879.jpg

CIMG2880.jpg

CIMG2881.jpg

CIMG2882.jpg

I hope you like!

• Like 14

Hi Alberto,

your Kfir looks very tasty. And there is nothing wrong with a Kfir: after all it is a Mirage, and there is nothing more sexy than a Mirage... well, maybe a Kfir!

Lucky you! Hasegawa kits must be really cheap in Japan!

Well done and Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

Very nice build. The Hasegawa Kfir was a favorite of mine first time in the hobby. Kit was a good one to build only let down by the decals that was quite difficult to apply. Could be it was a very early boxing I bought and the decals had lost their adhesion over time. The scheme was the one with the orange and black triangles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Alberto,

your Kfir looks very tasty. And there is nothing wrong with a Kfir: after all it is a Mirage, and there is nothing more sexy than a Mirage... well, maybe a Kfir!

Lucky you! Hasegawa kits must be really cheap in Japan!

Well done and Congrats!

JR

Thanks!

And oh yes, they're cheap. Some are even less than 10$, while most wont go over or around 20$. How much do they cost where you live?

13 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Alberto!

Nice Kfir! Have built a Kfir from the same kit in the late eighties but choose the brown/green camouflaged version.

Cheers,

Mario

Initially I thought they only came blue-grey, but I got my knowledge from a flight.simulator. Painting it the other way is still admireable though. Too difficult  for me!

7 hours ago, djos said:

Very nice build. I have both Hasegawa and Italeri, but i prefer Hasegawa :)

Thanks. I decided not to buy Italeri ever again after six kits of theirs beeing all but one, disasterous. In the meantime, Hasegawas fit flawlessly.

And many thanks for your comments and likes!

Next model shall be a Fujimi Sea King.