SEPECAT Jaguar Engineers Needed

Timmy!

I am in need of some data for my Jaguar project.

I'm in the midst of creating the CAD for the main landing gear.  I'm running into a problem with my intake tube and specifically the position of the engine face.  The tube as built in my CAD model does not allow enough room for the main gear so I think I have my engine placed incorrectly.

What I really need are the angles for the thrust centerline from the aircraft centerline.  Also is there any toe in?  Thought I read that but I can't verify.  Anybody have the manuals they'd be willing to dive into and find some numbers?

I appreciate any help!!

BTW big update to the build in the works.

Best,

Timmy!

2 hours ago, JagRigger said:

Well the engine face is at the firewall that forms the back of the main u/c bay so they should not impact on each other at all

You are correct and that is precisely the problem.  On my model, and I apologize for not being clear, where the gear mounts to the aircraft will close in the landing main landing gear bay, Frame 25.  The engine face will be aft of that point at Frame 30.  That little distance is key to getting a smooth flowing intake that clears the main landing gear bay at Frame 25 and meets the engine face at Frame 30.

The screen shot shows the engine is the place that provides clearance of the intake tube over the main gear bay.  However, it's 3 degrees different that what I had originally drawn based on photographic evidence.  So I have a solution, but I would like to verify my work with some numbers.  If I need to rearrange things again now is the time.  I have already cut some parts based on my earlier assumption that will need to be re-cut.  It's almost always the case with scratch building that doing things twice it the normal, I'd rather not have to it a third time.

Thanks again,

Timmy!

30490110041_677a6f8c59_b.jpg

• Like 2

Those do indeed help.  Those are the first shots like those I've seen, engine installed all cowlings off.  I can do a decent job of relative placement of the engine with help of those shots.  I'm not building engine apart from the engine compressor face to close off the air ducting and the reheat section.  I can get close enough. 

Looks like they confirm I'm pretty close already.

Many thanks!!!

Timmy!

• Like 3

Hi Timmy. I take it you have had a look in our walkaround section. We have a number of Jaguars at Bentwaters in various states of undress.

We also have one in our museum which is being overhauled to fast taxi status. If you contact Julien on here, he has more photos than appear on the forum, plus access to the airframe and engines on a regular basis. A few of our restoration team are Jag fitters.

• Like 2

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:37, Timmy! said:

Those do indeed help.  Those are the first shots like those I've seen, engine installed all cowlings off.  I can do a decent job of relative placement of the engine with help of those shots.  I'm not building engine apart from the engine compressor face to close off the air ducting and the reheat section.  I can get close enough. 

Looks like they confirm I'm pretty close already.

Many thanks!!!

Timmy!

We have some in the walkaround section :whistle:

eng2.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70916-sepecat-jaguar-gr1-gr3/

Our Jaguar Walkaround is probably the most comprehensive one we have. As Frank also pointed out I do have access to a Jaguar airframe if there is something really specific you need.

Julien

• Like 2

Guys thanks for the responses!  After fiddling around in the CAD model and reviewing the photos a little better I'm on to a good placement that works for clearance of the gear well and air duct.  The CAD is matching the photos from several angles so I think I have it. 

Best,

Timmy!

• Like 1