Query: Lighting for spray booth

Ceithearn

Wondering if there is a lighting expert in house?

Converting this to a spray booth and would like to mount a light(s) on the top portion. Lots of options, LED, Halogen, fluorescent.......input appreciated.

20161019_132214_resized%20paint%20booth_

Robert

I've made something similar and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. I used a stick on type LED strip in the centre with a round one at each end (about 4inch diameter). When I say stick on I mean the type with the adhesive pads on the back that run off a couple of AA batteries (stops there being a tangle of wires everywhere).

HTH. ATB.

Gaz

I bought a strip of the 'under counter' led lights which came with sufficient angled sections for me to make 3 strips in my portable booth. I mounted the strips onto artists board(?) from Hobby Craft then velcroed that to the booth. 

Sounds a bit of a mess but it was really straightforward and gives great illuminations.

• Like 1

I bought this little number for my spraybooth. The 550mm length one (they do them in a number of sizes) has approx 120 LEDs.

Gives a great light and comes in daylight mode which is perfect for colour matching etc. You can add to the unit by plugging in to the end or by a cable.

Also used these over my work area. The great advantage being shadows are non existent.

Down side they only last for 50,000 hours. :D

Laurie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leyton-Lighting-white-linkable-strip/dp/B0060HGM7W/ref=pd_yo_rr_bia_t_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A23XH5J6FG7DGB0Q6YM9

On 25/10/2016 at 7:56 PM, Edge said:

I bought a strip of the 'under counter' led lights which came with sufficient angled sections for me to make 3 strips in my portable booth. I mounted the strips onto artists board(?) from Hobby Craft then velcroed that to the booth. 

Sounds a bit of a mess but it was really straightforward and gives great illuminations.

Yep thats what I did and it works well

Regards 

Steve 

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Yep thats what I did and it works well

Regards 

Steve 

I probably nicked your idea Steve. Works a treat though, a massive improvement.

• Like 1

Yes, like those LED strips. Challenge is across the pond here in Canada, not quite the variety. Started checking local suppliers but nothing yet.

Looking at the specs, something in the 4-6,000 Kelvin would give nice shadow free lighting. May even mount a couple small ones on the sides.

If you happen to know a retailer on the West Coast here, I'm all ears!

R.